Recent Topics

Ads

PLEASE turn shard drops into crest drops

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Talladego

Re: PLEASE turn shard drops into crest drops

Post#31 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:02 pm

Isio wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:48 pm Casual Incompetent Players ruin every game they touch.

The system works pretty well and its not a real grind as other MMOs
This game is based on groups, guilds and alliance who works together to do something good in zones, city and LOTD soon.

There is a Main character and alts for one "reason".
The real problem of this game is people who play it, people who change realm when there are equal forces in both sides, just to zerg and push back a zone for no reason or when city incoming.

Forts and city not done can double the time you need to gear.

City can be the most tactical and fun content with the right people, the endgame of this game is not for casuals, don't try to destroy it.

Stop blaming, we are not paying to play this game.

There are many post who say "increase player base of RoR" we don't need more players, we need competent players. I'm able to have fun even with 50v50.

Nonsense. Casuals are the life blood of any game.

Ads
Isio

Post#32 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:06 pm

How many beautiful pvp games you know in those years who are played by blaming casuals?

Sulorie

Post#33 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:15 pm

PvP games are indeed less casual friendly, because you don't have a predictable outcome for your playtime.
Dying is no option.

Caduceus

Post#34 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:17 pm

Drop rates are fine. In my opinion, all issues regarding Sov grind were solved when Royal crests were introduced to RvR bags, and they even added the shards as a cherry on top.

The grind isn't that bad - I got pretty much my entire sov set through ORvR because I hated city.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Elemint

Post#35 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:22 pm

Some very interesting digressions this topic has taken. Just out of curiosity - Sulorie, Tosh, Caduceus, how many BIS chars do you have?

Caduceus

Post#36 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:01 pm

A few high rr characters, but only one BiS (and that one is sadly still missing the Triumphant ring :C)
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

licenje

Post#37 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:37 am

Got my slayer full sov/war in 6 months, did 3 city in total, all rest got from orvr in time when shards didnt drop so bags only income (5h+ playtime a day), and i had inv gear so its only royals grind...
My AM took 5 months (first 3 months where only invader grind since i had it on slayer and didnt have it on am), but when when my AM got inv gear shards got in game so 2 months from inv to sov about same play time. did 0 city on am.
So shards reduced grind from 6 months to 2 months, if you do city its not so bad.
But inv gear grind on AM was still worst for me...
So something like this:

remove inv shard
renow 70-80 drop invader
renow 80-85 drop royal shards
renow 85+ drop royal crest
... since i dont realy know how it works at moment, is it chance to drop or players at some rr always drop, id leave that same as it is cos they drop plenty.

Toshutkidup

Post#38 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:44 pm

Elemint wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:22 pm Some very interesting digressions this topic has taken. Just out of curiosity - Sulorie, Tosh, Caduceus, how many BIS chars do you have?
BiS none as I don’t do pve, so none of my toons have Sent Ring, none use bloodlord weapons. So all of my gear on my toons are all pvp based. I also haven’t done a single ranked match so I don’t have any of that gear either.

Now if asking for SoV / Warlord I have 3 toons
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
Cyrinael

Post#39 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:56 pm

While I agree, that Sovereign gearing takes way too long to farm, for me the main problem is getting Vanquisher and Invader after entering T4. This is by far the most problematic point for any new char because they get roflstomped into Oblivion with their T3 gear.

So here are my suggestions to alleviate this problem:
  • The cost for Vanquisher pieces are ridiculous. Cut them at least in half (would even go as far to reduce them by 75%). This will help to get Invader Grind started much earlier.
  • Make Invader & Royal Shards drop in Scenarios. There is no reason, that the highest currency of SC is Oppressors which is on par with Vanquisher
After all, for me T3 is probably the best designed Level-Area, because you get the gear naturally while leveling up and I think that would be a good balance to strike with T4 aswell.

Elemint

Post#40 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:23 pm

I asked because i'm approx 2 weeks away from my 6th BIS char, 4 of them very close to the ranked ring. In this grind, by far the most boring part is pve, and by far the most tedious grind is invader/royal. Now tosh you say you don't do cities, you prefer open, but you disagree with this suggestion - which would make open relevant in the grind again. In my opinion open rvr is the absolute core of the game. The pitiful shards from kills don't really make a sizeable impact in the grind, they spare you one or two cities. What i'd like to happen is for the game to reward good old killing again. Not supply running, not stacking contribution to get crests from zone locks, simple going out and murdering red. It's been a while since sov released, i don't see a reason to keep the throttle on it anymore...