Recent Topics

Ads

Can we please have Nerfed Buttons back?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grakh

Can we please have Nerfed Buttons back?

Post#1 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:47 pm

Call me a noob all you want, but I haven't been able to find motivation to play anymore since losing the access to Nerfed buttons.

As a tank, with duties of guarding, focusing on the battlefield, and having literally 3+ actionbars of abilities to use to get the most out of my presence on the battlefield
nerfed buttons allowed me to fill this role. And it is a video game, meant to be enjoyed, i enjoyed this.

It's not "just 1 button, no skill" like a lot of people illustrate it.
you have to set up combos, figure out how to even set up those combos, and input condition etc. all this entails you are much better off making a handful of macros.
I personally had like 7 different buttons i was able to condense 90% of my abilities into. all of which "perfectly timed" as some fear, only gave me like a 10% increase in DPS which IMO is acceptable, especially when chosen is so mediocre... And, the very enemy could literally also be using Nerfed buttons theoretically.

None of my guildies seem to really support Nerfed buttons other than Idrynth himself... but, at the same time none express a dislike for it being in existence, especially for handicapped individuals.

I can't see myself enjoying Chosen in the state the character is in (that be having a myriad of abilities to use at any given moment to unlock the true potential of the class: which is only like a 10% increase in efficiency.) and that saddens me. I loved playing this game, and want to again, it is just hard to find the motivation to when a playstyle-tool i adhered to for over a year was ripped from the game; a tool that has been here for over 13 years (iirc). I am just in complete udder shock that it was chosen to be removed to late into its life.

please reconsider, I beg you.

Ads
Sever1n

Re: Can we please have Nerfed Buttons back?

Post#2 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:56 pm

U can use secuencer. Its lite version of nb. NB was toxic cos its tracking duration of skills so you never fk up them. So players literally dont do any mistakes with nb. But u can make combo chains like in aion with secuencer. Some clases didnt feel lose of nb at all. For others its just become like 3-4 new buttons. For ib and bg it become nigthmare i think =)

Helwer

Post#3 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:13 pm

funny there are so many bg and ib around. all masochistic lol...

Skullgrin

Post#4 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:44 pm

Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:23 am

nerfedbuttons is hacker addon, gives you increased damage and other cheats

Strakar

Post#6 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:25 am

Honestly never used NB and don't care if other people did.

I would be in favor of reactivating. If it's true players left because of it, great we'll see pop increase. I'd rather play against actual humans who are slightly better than me than bang on a keep door.

If pop doesn't come back, then it wasn't true and devs can take it down again. I think we can already rule out that people left en masse for other games since they are already dead and should've come back, so why not try something else.

Alfa1986

Post#7 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:20 am

https://youtu.be/ORxB44WcL10
:D
the blocking of NB took place more than 8 months ago, and the topics of the return and discussion of the NB arise every month. they do not want to return the NB and, accordingly, return the part of the population that left because of the NB. they do not consider these people valuable to play. Someone in the next topic said that they will enjoy the game even if 50 people remain in the game, but they will not follow the lead of the "casual players". "casual players ruin any game they touch" - yes, that's exactly what it said. they have their own vision of how you must play this game, regardless of your desire, this is the main problem/conflict of interest.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

diegomess

Post#8 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:55 am

sometimes i feel some ppl still use NB, they interrupt my channel so fast its scary
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:59 am

ok this is an old game.
let's have a look at skill design.
when they first designed conditional, i don't think it's meant to be easy.
for example, WE/WH armor ignoring back-stab.

i think they thought it's really hard to land at moving players, back 10 years ago.
so give huge advantage like armor ignore to it, maybe 10% chance to fire?
with NB, circle with 11111. what was the chance to land armor ignore? 50%? 80%?

to clarify problem, let's see knight/chosen aura.
it was meant to be used inside rotation. you seem to know how busy tank can be.
aura twist was designed to be hard.
it's choice. do twist and miss other things. focus tank job and miss twist. or do all perfectly.
after twist is gone, what we got? OP mandatory tank.

it's old design, hard to use get better reward. but if you make it easy it became OP.
i can keep going on about interrupt, dispell.
all related to conditional and NB.

game is littered with % chances. even player skills considered IMO.
so accept human errors, it's not meant to be played perfectly.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Rucent

Post#10 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:05 am