Recent Topics

Ads

Can we please have Nerfed Buttons back?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
abezverkhiy

Re: Can we please have Nerfed Buttons back?

Post#11 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:46 am

This is another topic that will be queetly deleted. They know they fcuked it up, killed population but prefer to hide head in sand like an ostrich.

The game was playable and full of enjoyment with NB even if you never used it. Now it is a bloody desert.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Orgruk

Post#12 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:50 am

provide

Post#13 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:56 am

diegomess wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:55 am sometimes i feel some ppl still use NB, they interrupt my channel so fast its scary
Yes, it's still around. Just not for everyone, which is the real tragedy.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#14 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:57 am

NB=cheat

warlover

Post#15 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:51 am

Grakh wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:47 pm Call me a noob all you want, but I haven't been able to find motivation to play anymore since losing the access to Nerfed buttons.

As a tank, with duties of guarding, focusing on the battlefield, and having literally 3+ actionbars of abilities to use to get the most out of my presence on the battlefield
nerfed buttons allowed me to fill this role. And it is a video game, meant to be enjoyed, i enjoyed this.

It's not "just 1 button, no skill" like a lot of people illustrate it.
you have to set up combos, figure out how to even set up those combos, and input condition etc. all this entails you are much better off making a handful of macros.
I personally had like 7 different buttons i was able to condense 90% of my abilities into. all of which "perfectly timed" as some fear, only gave me like a 10% increase in DPS which IMO is acceptable, especially when chosen is so mediocre... And, the very enemy could literally also be using Nerfed buttons theoretically.

None of my guildies seem to really support Nerfed buttons other than Idrynth himself... but, at the same time none express a dislike for it being in existence, especially for handicapped individuals.

I can't see myself enjoying Chosen in the state the character is in (that be having a myriad of abilities to use at any given moment to unlock the true potential of the class: which is only like a 10% increase in efficiency.) and that saddens me. I loved playing this game, and want to again, it is just hard to find the motivation to when a playstyle-tool i adhered to for over a year was ripped from the game; a tool that has been here for over 13 years (iirc). I am just in complete udder shock that it was chosen to be removed to late into its life.

please reconsider, I beg you.
Please let me cheat or i wont have any fun :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dwyur

Post#16 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:13 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:46 am This is another topic that will be queetly deleted. They know they fcuked it up, killed population but prefer to hide head in sand like an ostrich.

The game was playable and full of enjoyment with NB even if you never used it. Now it is a bloody desert.
Not even remotely true; the population is back up now actually.

I don't understand why people who loved RoR can't play the game without NerfedButtons, or learn to play the game, like every single other person who never used an addon that queue'd all your abilities for you?
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Emissary
Community Management

Post#17 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:24 pm

People say "learn to play", it is a poor mans way out of an intelligent conversation about some people's ability to be as nimble or as sharp minded as others. The game came out with Nerfedbuttons that was soon to follow, they played the game for years with it.

I would argue that buffheads is cheating, targets, and enemy. I can track someone behind a wall with RV Mods and/or buffhead. SOR tells me where the fight is without me even having to look for it. Do not take the easy way out and emote, meme the "git gud" argument. There are those that have left and will never be back because an addon that was in live and alpha for years was removed. So lets remove all addons if one is a cheat and the other is not. The devs have said they do not care about the population and this is not your father's Warhammer, it is theirs. I will play in their sandbox, but do not attack others because you think your addon isn't a cheat but theirs was.

In the end this is a game and if some of you put as much effort into real life as you do in your pixel fantasy you'd be a lot further in it. If being # 1 in some ranked RVR Scenario fantasy gets you the high you want then go for it, you'll go to work the next day and brag about your accomplishments to your boss who will not care.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

dwyur

Post#18 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:47 pm

Emissary wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:24 pm People say "learn to play", it is a poor mans way out of an intelligent conversation about some people's ability to be as nimble or as sharp minded as others. The game came out with Nerfedbuttons that was soon to follow, they played the game for years with it.

I would argue that buffheads is cheating, targets, and enemy. I can track someone behind a wall with RV Mods and/or buffhead. SOR tells me where the fight is without me even having to look for it. Do not take the easy way out and emote, meme the "git gud" argument. There are those that have left and will never be back because an addon that was in live and alpha for years was removed. So lets remove all addons if one is a cheat and the other is not. The devs have said they do not care about the population and this is not your father's Warhammer, it is theirs. I will play in their sandbox, but do not attack others because you think your addon isn't a cheat but theirs was.

In the end this is a game and if some of you put as much effort into real life as you do in your pixel fantasy you'd be a lot further in it. If being # 1 in some ranked RVR Scenario fantasy gets you the high you want then go for it, you'll go to work the next day and brag about your accomplishments to your boss who will not care.
I would still play the game if buffhead/enemy/targets addon were removed from the game though, and I wouldn't cry if they were removed.
None of those addons plays your character for you.
My post was a genuine question for people who are seemingly extremely upset NB is removed; why can you not learn to play without NerfedButtons? It was not a "meme git gud" or anything your referring to, whatsoever.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Ads
Kloaner

Post#19 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:18 pm

Emissary wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:24 pm
first Question, how do you know "how far" or who he/she is in RL? and second what if the Boss has a Interest in Ranked Games?
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

sioding
Game Master

Post#20 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:21 pm

Why creating a new thread when you all know the answer. It has been given more than once. New threads won't help at all.
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com