Recent Topics

Ads

NB poll

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: would you like the nb to return? opinion poll

1 yes I would like the nb to return completely
23%
2 no, I don’t want nb to get back. blocking nb was the right decision.
56%
3 i do not care.
7%
4 I don't care, but if it returns some of the players, then I don't mind.
7%
5 I would like the sequencer to be modernized and get some of the functions that nb had (in the comments)
7%
Total votes: 259

Alubert

Re: NB poll

Post#11 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:23 pm

Knowing that the first option is not an option I voted for 5.
I would add three options to the sqeuencer addon:
1. Potions.
2. skipping abilities that can't be used, e.g. abilities that require being behind the target.
3) I would add a stack option (dots, hots ect)
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Ads
Rommelka

Post#12 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:28 pm

I would vote for 2 but knowing that it is still possible to use nb and devs cant give garantees that it is blocked for everybody I voted for sequencer improvements

Alfa1986

Post#13 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:30 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:01 pm Op raises an important point that is there could and should have been a poll before a massive change, and feedback should have been compiled and listened to.

Such is the case with many changes, and the excellent capital city polling is a wonderful tool that is sadly underutilized. There has been two polls as far as i know, and both have been regarding pretty meaningless things and the questions were obscure.

If i was to be the community manager i would insist on using this tool to its potential to help guide the development of the game.
For the sake of fairness, now we have in this poll mostly those who were in favor of blocking, and those who were against, they have already left and do not take part). but still 60 + percent for the blocking, this is unexpected, I thought that the majority, as usual, would not care.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Alfa1986

Post#14 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:01 pm

some bad sign appears like a hint for the future of nb destiny if you look at the green lines by turning the phone counterclockwise. lets go people, vote more actively not for the second option)
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

CountTalabecland

Post#15 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:44 pm

I'll vote but this is not a democracy and I think Wargrimnir has been abundantly clear about NB staying dead, but hey lets conjecture some more.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

wonshot

Post#16 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:06 pm

Voted 2,
my reasoning being that melee styles (coming from a Daoc background) should be rewarded with good positioning on your next global cooldown swing, I didnt feel NB doing possitional checks for you was rewarding melee players pulling this off.

As for my own perspective of which addons that should be allowed or not, my ideology goes to when an addon gives you information (state of the realm, Enemy buffhead, tether etc) but the player still needs to do player input and make choices based on those information.

As i understand it, NB was removing some of the choices in high pressure situations and allowing to auto interrupt Challened attacks without the player might even have noticed the Challening annimation in the first place which seem too automated imho.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

nebelwerfer

Post#17 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:42 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:30 pm
nebelwerfer wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:01 pm Op raises an important point that is there could and should have been a poll before a massive change, and feedback should have been compiled and listened to.

Such is the case with many changes, and the excellent capital city polling is a wonderful tool that is sadly underutilized. There has been two polls as far as i know, and both have been regarding pretty meaningless things and the questions were obscure.

If i was to be the community manager i would insist on using this tool to its potential to help guide the development of the game.
For the sake of fairness, now we have in this poll mostly those who were in favor of blocking, and those who were against, they have already left and do not take part). but still 60 + percent for the blocking, this is unexpected, I thought that the majority, as usual, would not care.
Agreed, but a lot of players hate NB which is something that can easily make you go vote in a poll :lol:

tazdingo

Post#18 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:50 am

voted 4, whatever is best for the server im not militant either way. i think the effect it had on orvr was miniscule but i understand the sentiments of small scale players

Ads
Talladego

Post#19 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:22 am

Interesting to see that at least 30% of the current player-base is not opposed to NB. I would have guessed it to be lower since some people likely quit because of the block. Either way this is something the devs never should have touched imo, the impact of players using NB was never a real problem but losing a substantial amount of active players is.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#20 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:13 am

You make a poll when are interested in the opinion of playerbase...BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE...so, there is cero sense to make a poll about NB before blocking it.