Recent Topics

Ads

NB poll

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: would you like the nb to return? opinion poll

1 yes I would like the nb to return completely
23%
2 no, I don’t want nb to get back. blocking nb was the right decision.
56%
3 i do not care.
7%
4 I don't care, but if it returns some of the players, then I don't mind.
7%
5 I would like the sequencer to be modernized and get some of the functions that nb had (in the comments)
7%
Total votes: 259

Toshutkidup

Re: NB poll

Post#51 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:30 pm

I voted #2. And will leave it at that
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#52 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:32 am

The addon has certain conditionals like using pot 2 instead of pot 1 whenever it's on cooldown, but this is honestly little more than a quality of life imrpovement for people with below average musclememory capacity or less dexterity in their fingers. For BG's and IB's they're unfortunate to have been blessed by a larger than normal amount of things to place on their hotkey bars, so it's unlucky for them to not have this as a QoL asset.

Doesn't make you a god-gamer that you can drink 2 pots manually, actually putting in the effort to prepare and grabbing two sets of potions is what should matter the most.

It also has a conditional that uses a different attack whenever you are behind the target, but for this to work you did have to actually go stand behind the target right? So obviously you are doing something right and should be rewarded for it - only that the server delay makes this a difficult task sometimes, so why not automatize this too as a QoL improvement. A lot of low ping EU players enjoying an unfair benefit. Cheating? :lol: Jk.

In general, positioning, teamwork and situational awareness is what matters in this game, not what button you click on your keyboard to perform slightly better at what you are activly trying to do when you're playing.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#53 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:06 am

NB should be allowed because it helps people who are stoners or disabled, for example.

But it should be made abundantly clear that if you actually want to get good at the game you can't simply rely on NB to play for you, it doesn't work.

kodos

Post#54 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:29 am

shoelessHN wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:16 pm Lol what? Who is playing this game without a keyboard and mouse aka "dedicated hardware"????.
Sorry, I missed that programmable macro keyboards are now standard and everyone has them

And "dedicated" means "specific for this game" and "something you get with every PC" (but guess you use a gamepad to write emails if your keyboard is dedicated to ROR)
thou shall not whine

Alfa1986

Post#55 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:08 am

NSKaneda wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:37 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:17 pm
Alubert wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:23 pm Knowing that the first option is not an option I voted for 5.
I would add three options to the sqeuencer addon:
1. Potions.
2. skipping abilities that can't be used, e.g. abilities that require being behind the target.
3) I would add a stack option (dots, hots ect)
Obviously, this does not add some kind of automation to the gameplay, so why shouldn't these options be implemented by the developers in the sqeuencer?

1. Potions: use at 5% / 15% / 25% health - sounds like automated addon decision. Player can see their HP bar and use pot accordingly.

2. Abilities that require being behind the target = conditional checks which were the cause of NB controversy in the first place.

3. only dots stack so just set up skill-dot-skill-dot-dot-skill sequence and carry on... Unless said addon is supposed to read timers/stack number for a player and slot dot skill when it's available to use? If yes, then we're back to conditional checks which were the cause of NB controversy in the first place
2. " backstub" is available for activation only when the target is from behind, it turns out that the game automatically decides whether the character can use the skill or not?) the game playing for the players already in the root class mechanics? if we go this way then we can come the conclusion that the game itself already has a certain automatism of actions, when the program does actions for the players.
3.every dot has its own validity time, why not add a check condition to reactivate at a specific time? any simplest combination can be of the form: dot, skill with cooldown, constant skill without CD.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

NSKaneda

Post#56 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:09 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:08 am
NSKaneda wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:37 pm
Spoiler:
Alfa1986 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:17 pm

Obviously, this does not add some kind of automation to the gameplay, so why shouldn't these options be implemented by the developers in the sqeuencer?

1. Potions: use at 5% / 15% / 25% health - sounds like automated addon decision. Player can see their HP bar and use pot accordingly.

2. Abilities that require being behind the target = conditional checks which were the cause of NB controversy in the first place.

3. only dots stack so just set up skill-dot-skill-dot-dot-skill sequence and carry on... Unless said addon is supposed to read timers/stack number for a player and slot dot skill when it's available to use? If yes, then we're back to conditional checks which were the cause of NB controversy in the first place
2. " backstub" is available for activation only when the target is from behind, it turns out that the game automatically decides whether the character can use the skill or not?) the game playing for the players already in the root class mechanics? if we go this way then we can come the conclusion that the game itself already has a certain automatism of actions, when the program does actions for the players.
3.every dot has its own validity time, why not add a check condition to reactivate at a specific time? any simplest combination can be of the form: dot, skill with cooldown, constant skill without CD.

I like how you try to muddy the waters and turn it around but it doesn't change the fact that running in circles around target and hitting one button to either attack from best flanking position, keep a 3xstack of dots constantly on target and shatter/sever/interrupt what enemy throws at you the moment they do it is too much.

I could go on but it's just repeating what already have been said at this point. IF this was pve game then by all means, sequence all the way, reduce human error to one digit percentage - mobs don't care. But it's pvp and players have strong opinions about loosing to a bot.

EOT
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#57 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:12 pm

so strange poll!
1 for NB
2 against NB
3 dont care
4 for NB because its blablabla
5 for NB because it work instead of seq
so in really
1, 4, 5 votes for NB
2 against
3 irrelevant
but hugest cheat is make poll when ALL who used already LEAVE game and cannot read and make vote
welcome to 21 century with vote cheating

Cyrinael

Post#58 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:56 pm

I used NB exclusively for positional checks and while I'm sad that they are gone, I am actually against reintroducing NB in any way or form (I am also against Sequencer).

Call me an elitist PoS, but learning to execute and improve your skill can be extremely rewarding and removing NB forced many people to learn 2 play their characters again, thus becoming better players.

Players just should accept that NB is no longer there and try to adapt their playstyle instead of whining and bitching about it.

Truth is, that if you are a worse player without NB, it is on you to overcome this thought learning to play your character instead of relying on NB. RoR is after all a rather simple game with easy to learn mechanics. You can probably play most classes with 7 buttons better than most other players.

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#59 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:49 pm

btbw2009 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:12 pm so strange poll!
1 for NB
2 against NB
3 dont care
4 for NB because its blablabla
5 for NB because it work instead of seq
so in really
1, 4, 5 votes for NB
2 against
3 irrelevant
but hugest cheat is make poll when ALL who used already LEAVE game and cannot read and make vote
welcome to 21 century with vote cheating
I'm afraid that if the poll had only two answers (yes no), then the result would be even more devastating.
but in principle, given that many people left and did not take part in the poll, but even those who remained far from unanimous on this issue. 60% versus 35%, that is, slightly more than 1/3 of the community that remains potentially unhappy with this decision.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

zulnam

Post#60 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:56 pm

A voting poll is not open forever, so in the fairness of how voting actually works, this thread should be closed.

The result, as can be seen, is:
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG