Recent Topics

Ads

NB poll

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: would you like the nb to return? opinion poll

1 yes I would like the nb to return completely
23%
2 no, I don’t want nb to get back. blocking nb was the right decision.
56%
3 i do not care.
7%
4 I don't care, but if it returns some of the players, then I don't mind.
7%
5 I would like the sequencer to be modernized and get some of the functions that nb had (in the comments)
7%
Total votes: 259

nebelwerfer

Re: NB poll

Post#41 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:30 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:05 pm
Where are the human errors in your summary? Maybe you are not so good to interrupt a channel the moment it is used, same with shatter of buffs.
So the elevation of play to a higher bar by use of addons is always good for the game, thats my hypothesis. It just seems so weird to me, I mean I love winning against unlikely odds in a fight thanks to the enemy misplays or failing to use their right skills at the right time just as much as the next guy, but winning due to my own skill, coordination with other players or game knowledge is far more satisfying and there is nothing NB can do to replace that.

I think in general the more effective any given player in the battlefield is, the better it is for the game experience as a whole.
Sulorie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:05 pm
How about using CC on an immune target, because you overlook the buffhead icon? This wouldn't happen with a proper set up NB.
But when I need to use aoe knockback or aoe root sometimes the buffhead icons don't load in on a freshly selected target before I need to press that button. So there's no way for me to rely on it if it has a few seconds delay. Does then NB work that flawlessly it will instantly scan and check conditionals faster than I would get information from buffhead in a hectic fight where you are frequently switching targets to check for immunity?

Even if that is the case, neither it or you can scan 9+ people who are charging in on me or my teammate, there wouldn't be enough time to check if they are all not immune before someone dies. Then, risking it only being effective on a few of them would be worth, perhaps lifesaving. If NB wouldn't allow you to, because only one of them have immunity, it would cost you.

That's also worth considering, no? I mean the obvious answer to that would be, "yes this only means you need to have aoe cc on a seperate non-conditional hotkey", but then again that means that NB won't play the game or make decisions for you. It will make a lot of things easier, which is usually a good thing. (can cause lazyness and lessen the quality of pvp but I think that's not usually argued by anyone, nobody objects about people doing worse, only thing that seems to be taken issue with is people doing better than they ought to.)

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#42 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:17 pm

I never used NB myself cause imo muscle memory should be trained and you cant relay on addon alone but I vote 4. The only real problem here just as Kpi stated is that some learned to bypass the blocks (and even stream it) so there are people who still benefit from conditional checks.
Also i find it very frustrating that the thread containing video proof of NB working december 2021 just got deleted while wargrimnir states here that there are no proofs of work around. What other proofs are needed? There were streams, just recently a video, a lot of talks in various discords. And devs definitely know that its technically possible to bypass block.
NB does automate few things, like launching ability faster than visual part of GCD goes off but its easily done the same manually however in both cases you miss the AP regen tick. The only somewhat threat was conditional checks and i can see how you benefit from it in semi coordinated environment like solo ranked or random pug sc's when there is a factor of randomness and miss coordination, but basically nowhere else. oRvR/forts? there is no space for that. group ranked? you only do what and when leader says, so if you need addon for conditional check to punt then you doing the wrong game mode, and kills are not scored by scoreboard numbers (and some additional Ks on healing wont save either) but with timid CC coordination. city? all about WB coordination, movement etc, your nominal plus 300 dmg with automated conditional check wont matter.

Amakusa

Post#43 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:59 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:17 pm I never used NB myself cause imo muscle memory should be trained and you cant relay on addon alone but I vote 4. The only real problem here just as Kpi stated is that some learned to bypass the blocks (and even stream it) so there are people who still benefit from conditional checks.
Also i find it very frustrating that the thread containing video proof of NB working december 2021 just got deleted while wargrimnir states here that there are no proofs of work around. What other proofs are needed? There were streams, just recently a video, a lot of talks in various discords. And devs definitely know that its technically possible to bypass block.
NB does automate few things, like launching ability faster than visual part of GCD goes off but its easily done the same manually however in both cases you miss the AP regen tick. The only somewhat threat was conditional checks and i can see how you benefit from it in semi coordinated environment like solo ranked or random pug sc's when there is a factor of randomness and miss coordination, but basically nowhere else. oRvR/forts? there is no space for that. group ranked? you only do what and when leader says, so if you need addon for conditional check to punt then you doing the wrong game mode, and kills are not scored by scoreboard numbers (and some additional Ks on healing wont save either) but with timid CC coordination. city? all about WB coordination, movement etc, your nominal plus 300 dmg with automated conditional check wont matter.
Was it a guide how to fix it? If not then i dont see any reason to remove/delete the thread.
Egos, Kyoshiro, Kokoshibu, Sosa, Riegert, Luniz, Gankplank <Morituri>
Dunning, Boyka, Iluv, Shirokyo, Snusnu, Engrimar, Soge <Holmgang>

nocturnalguest

Post#44 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:12 pm

No, it wasnt a guide but a posted long read from fresh account blaming a decision to ban NB with video (filmed during Keg End 2021, got it saved btw) proving that there is a proper work around (on a video it shows putting a simple string with axe toss and melee strike on flee icon).

Alfa1986

Post#45 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:17 pm

Alubert wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:23 pm Knowing that the first option is not an option I voted for 5.
I would add three options to the sqeuencer addon:
1. Potions.
2. skipping abilities that can't be used, e.g. abilities that require being behind the target.
3) I would add a stack option (dots, hots ect)
+1
Yes, this is really what I needed from the NB, and i guess that 90% of the demand of people who left because of the NB would be satisfied by these conditions. Obviously, this does not add some kind of automation to the gameplay, so why shouldn't these options be implemented by the developers in the sqeuencer?
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

NSKaneda

Post#46 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:37 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:17 pm
Alubert wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:23 pm Knowing that the first option is not an option I voted for 5.
I would add three options to the sqeuencer addon:
1. Potions.
2. skipping abilities that can't be used, e.g. abilities that require being behind the target.
3) I would add a stack option (dots, hots ect)
Obviously, this does not add some kind of automation to the gameplay, so why shouldn't these options be implemented by the developers in the sqeuencer?

1. Potions: use at 5% / 15% / 25% health - sounds like automated addon decision. Player can see their HP bar and use pot accordingly.

2. Abilities that require being behind the target = conditional checks which were the cause of NB controversy in the first place.

3. only dots stack so just set up skill-dot-skill-dot-dot-skill sequence and carry on... Unless said addon is supposed to read timers/stack number for a player and slot dot skill when it's available to use? If yes, then we're back to conditional checks which were the cause of NB controversy in the first place
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

cutepikachu

Post#47 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:45 pm

I have removed the previous post as the evidence has been brought to the attention of the development team.
Last edited by cutepikachu on Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

kazuya482

Post#48 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:55 pm

Removing NB was 100% the right choice. It bothers me more that people were effectively allowed to cheat for as long as they did.

Ads
kodos

Post#49 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:47 pm

so back to the same discussion already there on live

Software solution VS Hardware solution, or: should those who don't want to buy specific keyboards and mouse for the game get the same "skill" for free via a mod?

Problem with NB is that it offered 2 features, one was a detailed sequencer for those who don't have dedicated hardware or find pressing 1,2,3,4; 1,2,3,4; boring

the other feature was to bypass the skill restrictions to only trigger under certain conditions via other skills which would otherwise need certain skill in game (but also low server lag)
"activate Skill 1 only if Skill 2 would be useable as well and target has condition A"
and for those things, I see Aura mod to be problematic as well, as writing on the Screen "Press 1" if the above conditions are the same, while not being automatic, comes very close to the feature of NB that is seen as cheating (the only difference between telling me exactly when I need to use a specific skill or having that skill as the next one in the sequence is input & server lag)

as someone who once bought dedicated hardware to play WAR on live, mainly to have the sequence of the main melee attack skills on mouse 1 (as I preferred moving with the keyboard and only those skills that are not useable while moving next to WASD), and the finishers on mouse 4, I say we need a default Sequencer in game (not just as mod) that allows more than the current one but not as much as NB
not talking about potions to be used under certain conditions etc, just having a simple "Skill 1, Skill 2, Skill 1, Skill 1 (add 10sec CD to Skill 1), Skill 3 (finisher)" that bypass Skills that are not ready or use able, the same someone can do with a simple mouse/keyboard macro
thou shall not whine

shoelessHN

Post#50 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:16 pm

kodos wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:47 pm so back to the same discussion already there on live

Software solution VS Hardware solution, or: should those who don't want to buy specific keyboards and mouse for the game get the same "skill" for free via a mod?

Problem with NB is that it offered 2 features, one was a detailed sequencer for those who don't have dedicated hardware or find pressing 1,2,3,4; 1,2,3,4; boring

the other feature was to bypass the skill restrictions to only trigger under certain conditions via other skills which would otherwise need certain skill in game (but also low server lag)
"activate Skill 1 only if Skill 2 would be useable as well and target has condition A"
and for those things, I see Aura mod to be problematic as well, as writing on the Screen "Press 1" if the above conditions are the same, while not being automatic, comes very close to the feature of NB that is seen as cheating (the only difference between telling me exactly when I need to use a specific skill or having that skill as the next one in the sequence is input & server lag)

as someone who once bought dedicated hardware to play WAR on live, mainly to have the sequence of the main melee attack skills on mouse 1 (as I preferred moving with the keyboard and only those skills that are not useable while moving next to WASD), and the finishers on mouse 4, I say we need a default Sequencer in game (not just as mod) that allows more than the current one but not as much as NB
not talking about potions to be used under certain conditions etc, just having a simple "Skill 1, Skill 2, Skill 1, Skill 1 (add 10sec CD to Skill 1), Skill 3 (finisher)" that bypass Skills that are not ready or use able, the same someone can do with a simple mouse/keyboard macro
Lol what? Who is playing this game without a keyboard and mouse aka "dedicated hardware"????

What a long winded way of saying you're lazy and want nerfed buttons back.