Recent Topics

Ads

NB poll

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: would you like the nb to return? opinion poll

1 yes I would like the nb to return completely
23%
2 no, I don’t want nb to get back. blocking nb was the right decision.
56%
3 i do not care.
7%
4 I don't care, but if it returns some of the players, then I don't mind.
7%
5 I would like the sequencer to be modernized and get some of the functions that nb had (in the comments)
7%
Total votes: 259

btbw2009
Suspended

Re: NB poll

Post#71 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:28 pm

Cyrinael wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:09 pm Hey I get it, you play IB.
not only, but i like this class, now almost dead class
because IB
The most complicated class to play in RoR.
Seriously, I know it since my live-main was IB with over 5000 hours. But honestly, are you really telling me you are not able to just press buttons without external tooling?
its kind of terms - what u calling ABLE and what is GAME
im can toss a heavy weight but im dont wanna do it when im resting
im able to press many buttons but im dont want do it all time - there is was add-on for grouping buttons by myself
im dont use classic map or classic UI in game - im have better addons for it which give me what i want
so i can ENJOY of PLAY GAME. dont work on hard job
im not cheater or bug user - all these addons (and NB too) used special programming tool called API
API give flex for game interface, nothing more, its allowed, its translation between client-side of game and server-side
Hell, humanity flew to the moon and achieved much more since then and you are really telling yourself that you are not able to execute skill rotations (remember there is a GCD inbetween)?
humanity flew to the moon not on water rockets and with clock calculators and radial steerings, humanity used best pieces of technology and ergonomics
and yes - sometimes it really hard to play this game without some kind of NB
for example, PC sometimes have freezes (little but very annoying) when move mouse on button of toolbar
try to imagine how hard play game in huge battles when u already have spike lags and now u need to use 5 buffs (2 of them dont have timer) so u must hover mouse on it and hope u press it without a few seconds delay
im dont understand how NB angry ppl but sequencer dont (since sequencer still no banned but very stupid, sluggish and limited)?
You are vastly underestimating your own potential.
What about swordmaster and PlanB - why SM which used this addon cannot be called Understimated own potential? Or why PlanB allowed then?
Most of the fun in this game comes from everyone not playing perfectly
Sorry, does it mean - ppl must die in game because developers dont wanna make game for them easy and enjoyable?
Is it real reason or elite-players (or overpowered realm) must have a cannon fodder to kill?
Then why u dont ban BuffHead, Enemy, GuardPack etc which even more useful and affect more gameplay?
Return to classic WHO without any addons and enjoy freak show. Not sure how many ppl still wanna play in this cause but who worry about players dont played perfectly?

We all have accidently punted a target away and saved it from dying.
NB dont hit buttons, dont choose target - it player hit wrong button or dont understand when and how use what.
Just accept that you will make mistakes, improve your gameplay through it and just don't rely on NB.
Okay. Can you return NB, please? Im make mistake 24|7. Im improve my gameplay. Im just dont have 4 eyes and 4 hands for enjoy game or have fun on some classes and in some situation. For all other im have API and addons, for buttons im dont have NB. It all.

Remember - its GAME, we here for our fun.

Ads
daje88

Post#72 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:30 am

Snb IB is the class that will take less benefits form NB, because it doesn't have a "proper rotation", people that think otherwise didn't really understand the class. What do you think to achieve with NB on your IB? To have your buffs always up? You just can't. (also buffbot, pretty useless)

Then why u dont ban BuffHead, Enemy, GuardPack etc which even more useful and affect more gameplay?
Return to classic WHO without any addons and enjoy freak show. Not sure how many ppl still wanna play in this cause but who worry about players dont played perfectly?

Saying this shows that you didn''t even know how to set your NB properly, and that you were using it as a simple sequencer, so why not use the current sequencer?

for example, PC sometimes have freezes (little but very annoying) when move mouse on button of toolbar
try to imagine how hard play game in huge battles when u already have spike lags and now u need to use 5 buffs (2 of them dont have timer) so u must hover mouse on it and hope u press it without a few seconds delay

Seriously??
Spoiler:

notre

Post#73 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:53 am

The poll is pretty unfair,

- The players who already answer "2", are those remaining and they are fine without NB, and the first to vote.
- The players who could answer "1", are mostly gone and sure they are not even looking the forum.

This poll was needed before nb ban, when the server "has full pop". But thanks anyway for trying.
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

kodos

Post#74 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:53 pm

daje88 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:30 amSaying this shows that you didn''t even know how to set your NB properly, and that you were using it as a simple sequencer, so why not use the current sequencer?
because the current sequencer does not work well and not at all for some skills

and yes, a lot of people never used the full potential of NB, they just wanted a proper Sequencer to groups some skills to 1 button, so instead of having 20 possible buttons to press, there are just 5 groups of buttons, each for a different situation

and for now I see the Aura mod to be problem as well, because if used properly it offers similar abilities as the part of NB that was considered cheating (telling you exactly the status of the enemy and what skill to use to counter it)

I get that people who invested a lot of time to learn and get good are upset about others having an easier time, and from a lot of posts I also get that this is the reason why people call for nerfs of some classes and skills
not because they are too strong but because they are too easy to use compared to others and people want to keep the skill gap high so classes that make it easy for people to get good are a bad thing (and the same reason a working sequencer is not allowed, because it would make it too easy)
thou shall not whine

daje88

Post#75 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:03 pm

kodos wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:53 pm
I get that people who invested a lot of time to learn and get good are upset about others having an easier time, and from a lot of posts I also get that this is the reason why people call for nerfs of some classes and skills
not because they are too strong but because they are too easy to use compared to others and people want to keep the skill gap high so classes that make it easy for people to get good are a bad thing (and the same reason a working sequencer is not allowed, because it would make it too easy)
I'm not upset or anything, just tired of this "IB is unplayable/worst class ever" bs. I came back to this game after several years, I''ve used NB with the "proper settings" on my IB, took me few days to tune it right, after two weeks they removed it. Quite traumatic at first time, but believe me when i say that without NB i've started knowing my class better. If you think that you can play IB pressing just one button, you're not using it the way you're supposed to. How that affects me? when i log in with my dps and have useless tanks all around me. Ror is not casual/noob friendly, people who likes this game should really try to take an extra step to understand his mechanics imho. NB will be super usefull only to people that already knows how the game works, it will actually ruin the experience for entry lvl players. Imagine a new player lvling his slayer in a pug sc, knowing nothing about the class, facing alts of good players using NB at his best potential. He will end up thinking that sl is useless or unpleyable and delete. Players should aim to close up their skill/knowledge gap if they wants to make their gameplay easier. On the other end I don't understand people that are already good players/knows the game, do you really need to achieve that lvl of gameplay, like insta interrupts on channels or other bs NB used to do? Maybe they''re only avarage players, with a good understanding of the game, and needed NB to shine because they have no hands.

kodos wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:53 pm because the current sequencer does not work well and not at all for some skills
if the real problem is that you (you as in generic NB supporter) want to have less buttons to push, then use the sequencer for some skills that can work well with it. you won't have all your rotation on just 1 button, but it will hepls you greatly. Also, if some skills doesn't work with it, i''m pretty sure thats because there's some core mechanic bind with them. Otherwise you (not you, just the random NB hooligan) want it back just for the exploits
Spoiler:

kodos

Post#76 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:40 pm

I tried to get the current sequencer working, as it does not work well with all skills, it is useless for now (it has less functions than a mouse macro)

and regarding new player experience, this is one reason why I want a working sequencer for the default game (like some shooters have auto-aim or racing games have automatic build in by default, the full potential of a class/char is only obtained without them but it helps to keep up while you learn other things)
thou shall not whine

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#77 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:57 pm

daje88 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:30 am Snb IB is the class that will take less benefits form NB, because it doesn't have a "proper rotation", people that think otherwise didn't really understand the class.
stop whine about "people that think otherwise didn't really understand the class", this bs which invented for protect bugs and lack of Qol on this server
What do you think to achieve with NB on your IB?
i want decrease number of buttons with NB, add potions and morales - make UI for user, not for mad ppl which think APi can cheat
To have your buffs always up? You just can't. (also buffbot, pretty useless)
its my decision how use my spells and why, dont touch my freedom
Saying this shows that you didn''t even know how to set your NB properly, and that you were using it as a simple sequencer, so why not use the current sequencer?
do you reading my answer or im talking with bot? sequencer is stupid, sluggish and bugged
Seriously??
seriously
https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&q=mouse%20freeze

daje88

Post#78 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:31 pm

its my decision how use my spells and why, dont touch my freedom
Either you're a 12 yo spoiled kid, or you are just a troll. Don't reply, answer will not be read.
Spoiler:

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#79 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:31 pm

notre wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:53 am The poll is pretty unfair,

- The players who already answer "2", are those remaining and they are fine without NB, and the first to vote.
- The players who could answer "1", are mostly gone and sure they are not even looking the forum.

This poll was needed before nb ban, when the server "has full pop". But thanks anyway for trying.
this poll is not a guide to action, it's just that topics about nb arise every month (and will continue to arise) despite all the developers' attempts to hush up and freeze it. I'm sure this is the most discussed/hot topic of the past year. but it is clear from this poll (and 250 people have voted at the moment with the total number of about 1000-1500) that at least 30-40% either want the return of NB or do not mind.

here you can add some corrections:
-The players who could answer "1", are mostly gone and sure they are not even looking the forum.
- we see that some players can still use the upgraded NB, and some players have the technical means that allow them to implement such functions. Will they be happy to have NB available to everyone again? of course not, it is beneficial for them when only they can have such an advantage. how will they vote? Definitely for point 2.

- some of the players who voted against NB simply do not have (misinformed) true information, and think that the NB is a cheat.
- some of the players do not have their own opinion in reality, but rely on the opinion of the head of their guild, or on the opinion of friends.
as a result, when we now look at what the majority is for blocking (50-60%), we can say that all the same, this is far from the vast majority (80-90%), and also if we look closely at the reasons, the results will be far from as unambiguous as it may seem at first glance.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

daje88

Post#80 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:37 pm

kodos wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:40 pm the full potential of a class/char is only obtained without them but it helps to keep up while you learn other things)
Amen to that! My fear is that you won't reach that point with something like NB, because the game will became pressing just "1" on your keyboard while in braindead mode, like the crying kid above.
Cheers for argumenting what you really think, instead of just crying like a lot of people does on the forum.
Spoiler: