Recent Topics

Ads

The loss of purple seeds

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sever1n

Re: The loss of purple seeds

Post#11 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:46 am

If they wouldn't be infinite resource they value become zero. And this tread become useless coz no one care about lose. This is not a solution its just delete of all main sources of liniments and precios rare thing from those who get lucky get it from ton of grind.

Ads
btbw2009
Suspended

Post#12 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:18 am

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:08 pm Seeds don't need to be an infinite resource. It wouldn't take much to change them.
lol, if developers dont worry abut QoL then im dont wonder why this game dead

velkos4ever

Post#13 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:30 am

kirraha wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:04 pm Im sure more than me lost purple seeds to server crash or sudden own Dc.
Is there any plan on trying improve this? Make the seeds bound to char, so you can pick it out from Account entitlements when youre logged on the correct toon?

It surely is quite dissapointing to loose my 2nd seed due to this and not be able recover it.
yea it sucks losing items like that i too lost 2 of em the first the game teleported me away from eataine for no reason when i was roaming and the second i just loged out and when i come back on the seed was just gone can you imagine losing items for login off ? all i can say the items are gone dont waste your time here cause the ones with the power dont care about your time wasted in this game.
Nighteyes

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#14 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:52 pm

velkos4ever wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:30 am
kirraha wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:04 pm Im sure more than me lost purple seeds to server crash or sudden own Dc.
Is there any plan on trying improve this? Make the seeds bound to char, so you can pick it out from Account entitlements when youre logged on the correct toon?

It surely is quite dissapointing to loose my 2nd seed due to this and not be able recover it.
yea it sucks losing items like that i too lost 2 of em the first the game teleported me away from eataine for no reason when i was roaming and the second i just loged out and when i come back on the seed was just gone can you imagine losing items for login off ? all i can say the items are gone dont waste your time here cause the ones with the power dont care about your time wasted in this game.
If you actually read a few posts behind yours, I said that we don't have the tools to specifically corner that bug and fix it, otherwise we'd have done it years ago. It's not like fixing the bug offends anybody or puts them in an awkward situation, completely the opposite. Nevertheless, I also hinted that the CM team will be working specifically with 2 roles; Testers and Developers to try and hopefully fix the bug - it will require a lot of testing and the persons in subject are already aware of the plan.

Sever1n wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:46 am If they wouldn't be infinite resource they value become zero. And this tread become useless coz no one care about lose. This is not a solution its just delete of all main sources of liniments and precios rare thing from those who get lucky get it from ton of grind.
Their infinite presence may not sound reasonable either, removing the infinite resource or everybody owning an infinite resource have the same outcome: Less value. It may be extremely profitable for you because you own one, but utterly unfair or unreasonable for someone else. That's a totally different topic but I just wanted to shed light on the fact that value also diminishes as the number of suppliers drastically increase. In fact more suppliers harm your prices way much more than having to farm for resources as some might just step out of the competition.

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#15 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:32 pm

player's economy never is problem - player spent time for production, another player spent in-game money for buy it
on one side limitation - is time, on another - some quantity of in-game moneys which player can (want) spent on item
price on AH in this cause is balance of these
with low pop on server (and other limits like crafter leaving game, lost seed) you even should raise drop of seeds (both - blue and purple), not talk about cancel infinity of seeds

Rubius
Developer

Post#16 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:22 pm

GamesBond wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:31 pm It's not really something that we're ignoring or putting as a low priority. But as simple as it sounds, the developers couldn't track the issue and since the loss of the seed is linked to a lot of events happening, it's pretty hard to come up with a solution.

Our CM team proposed a way to refund through a less-inconvenient way, which requires the player to record while using the seed. But we also couldn't reinforce our argument when it came to some players abusing this method for their own benefits.

The CM team is still digging into solutions but most likely any solution will require a lot of tests first with various scenarios.
Makes sense, thank you for pitching some options!

Another argument to add to the pile since I saw some discussion of "should infinite seeds even exist?". Purple seeds in their current implementation offer two distinct benefits:

1. Purple seeds add value / a rare reward for repeating PvE content.
2. Purple seeds help reduce the cost of liniments for players overall.

In both cases, I think the net result here is good. Veteran players helping others gear up in PvE with the possibility of getting something valuable is good.

Likewise, I think that having buffs that are very expensive but give players an edge in PvP is a dangerous direction to endorse. A lot of Korean / Pay-to-win games utilize this, and the end result is always that people with more money have a distinct edge. If Liniments become 5 silver each, who cares? That's up to the player market to decide, and demand will also determine it. I'd much rather see Liniments being sold for cheap than see them soar in price so that only the richest can afford them, personally.

Kpi

Post#17 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:20 am

An idea for "fix" the purple seed.

When you plant the seed, obtain a token:
-If the cultivation is ok, and you collect the seed, the system "remove" the token from your bag, and the cycle restarts
-If the server crash and the seed dissapear, you can trade this token in a special NPC with the token plus gold, similar to C&T NPC weapon.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Kaeldrick

Post#18 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:28 am

Kpi wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:20 am An idea for "fix" the purple seed.

When you plant the seed, obtain a token:
-If the cultivation is ok, and you collect the seed, the system "remove" the token from your bag, and the cycle restarts
-If the server crash and the seed dissapear, you can trade this token in a special NPC with the token plus gold, similar to C&T NPC weapon.
:!: Please do that :!:

Ads