Recent Topics

Ads

in game crashes getting worse

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
yiddos1111

in game crashes getting worse

Post#1 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:21 pm

hi all but ive noticed that the disconnects are getting worse in keep and forts when defending,ive noticiced it happens when aoe spells are spammed all at once,is this the same for destro on keep and forts, not fun when half your number disconnects at once leaving destro to just walk in,as i said maybe destro got same problem,

Ads
Rydiak

Re: in game crashes getting worse

Post#2 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:25 pm

I personally recommend using DXVK (https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases/tag/v1.9.2). Since I started using it over a year ago I have never had another crash with this game. Take the .dll files from the x64 folder and paste them into your RoR folder.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

tazdingo

Post#3 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:34 am

its client side. i was playing on an old laptop with integrated graphics for many years. my only goal during forts was to head in the general correct direction, use the most basic and important abilities and not crash. i recently got a proper gaming PC and have not crashed out of forts once

i used to have to log out and restart before moving zone too to prevent lag so idk if its ram based

Emissary
Community Management

Post#4 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:43 am

Ive got an amazing pc build comparable to this game and i crash in forts at least once every other day
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Strakar

Post#5 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:54 am

Something changed for me as well. I took a couple months off and came back the last two weekends. Getting constant stutters like every 20 seconds in scenarios or in orvr with more than like 10 total players engaged.

Almost never disconnected before and probably dropped a dozen times the last two weeks.

My laptop is a few years old but considering never having issues before, should I do a repair through the patcher?