Recent Topics

Ads

feedback on renown ranking post 80

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
nebelwerfer

Re: feedback on renown ranking post 80

Post#11 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:28 pm

diegomess wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:45 pm Make RR87 or 90 players to have increased size, (taller) if they want. Like 5, 10%.

Other hair color and skin color would be nice as well. Hell imagine a blueish tzeentch warrior

Currently every 2 or 3 lvls u get a dye, that most of the time is worthless. Make it every lvl and give us more unique dyes.

I think these sugestions are easy and reasonable to implement
you can't grow bigger ffs, imagine thorbolt at this point he would dwarf the high king in comparison (høhø)

Yes, more hair colors is a really nice idea, more dyes too but has been mentioned, btw i think they should be unlockable at the regular vendor palette, that would be awesome!

Ads
diegomess

Post#12 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:23 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:28 pm
diegomess wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:45 pm Make RR87 or 90 players to have increased size, (taller) if they want. Like 5, 10%.

Other hair color and skin color would be nice as well. Hell imagine a blueish tzeentch warrior

Currently every 2 or 3 lvls u get a dye, that most of the time is worthless. Make it every lvl and give us more unique dyes.

I think these sugestions are easy and reasonable to implement
you can't grow bigger ffs, imagine thorbolt at this point he would dwarf the high king in comparison (høhø)

Yes, more hair colors is a really nice idea, more dyes too but has been mentioned, btw i think they should be unlockable at the regular vendor palette, that would be awesome!
why not is just a small increase in size, imagine towering your equals by a little is a nice flex. Thorbolt would look like a stronger imposing engi and any BO would be the biggest and they deserve it
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

nebelwerfer

Post#13 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:59 pm

diegomess wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:23 pm
why not is just a small increase in size, imagine towering your equals by a little is a nice flex. Thorbolt would look like a stronger imposing engi and any BO would be the biggest and they deserve it
Interesting idea, but I think it's a bit rigid. I would be more in favor of a consumable that'll make you grow continuously for a few hours, alternatively an item with a cool-down that makes you grow continuously until you change zones or die. Like a pocket item with this effect when equipped. Would be fun and more interesting to avoid deaths. 1 hour = 10% increase in size? What do you think?

I fear being permanently bigger won't appeal to all, and it might get old fast. :o

diegomess

Post#14 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:48 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:59 pm
Interesting idea, but I think it's a bit rigid. I would be more in favor of a consumable that'll make you grow continuously for a few hours, alternatively an item with a cool-down that makes you grow continuously until you change zones or die. Like a pocket item with this effect when equipped. Would be fun and more interesting to avoid deaths. 1 hour = 10% increase in size? What do you think?

I fear being permanently bigger won't appeal to all, and it might get old fast. :o
a pocket item would be cool as well because you can get taller wherever you want, thing is what i say is something that would be optional like the rr85 appearances which in some cases people dont like (like the ugly cyclops chaos one) i believe every lvl after 85 you should get rewarded by something even if its little.
Last edited by diegomess on Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

nebelwerfer

Post#15 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:10 am

diegomess wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:48 pm
nebelwerfer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:59 pm

a pocket item would be cool as well because you can get taller wherever you want, thing is what i say is something that would be optional like the rr85 appearances which in some cases people dont like (like the ugly cyclops chaos one) i believe very lvl after 85 you should get rewarded by something even if its little.
I agree, it keeps it fun to rank up. Strongly disagree that the eye of chaos is ugly but hey it's a matter of taste :lol: as i posted earlier in this thread, I think getting renown points after 80 that you could only buy cosmetic items from would be bis.

Elvicof

Post#16 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:27 am

Why ppl need gear and appeareance items as a motivator to play the game is beyind me.

Put less focus on those things and more on killing stuff and you'll discover the only motivator you'll need to keep playing.
Moonlapse and VII

nebelwerfer

Post#17 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:22 am

Elvicof wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:27 am Why ppl need gear and appeareance items as a motivator to play the game is beyind me.

Put less focus on those things and more on killing stuff and you'll discover the only motivator you'll need to keep playing.
Need? Nobody used that word before u. But we would like to, because it's fun :D

That's not to say the game isn't enjoyable and fun already, i mean obviously as fans and players we are trying to improve it from our perspective.
it's why they have suggestions and feedback right..

Morradin

Post#18 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:28 pm

Some of you just do not get it. Even one more mastery point, one more tactic, a one time increase in stats by only +3, all of that ... dangerously unbalance the game even more.

One idea though hit it right on the head, and could work. Dungeon Gear wards!!!!

At level 81 you get wards from Beast Lord
At level 83, you gain the wards from gunbad, and do not have to do it.
At level 85, you gain wards from Crypts (and destro counterpart)

I know what you will say, this will make dungeons obsolete and all the hard work put into them wasted. Nope!

It is far easier to get the wards by forming a group and spending a few hours per day for a few days in each dungeon, and about an hour or so on beast lord bosses. Would you rather wait for RR85 to get crypt wards, or have it done around rr65 or so?
</5 LF GB group full run> is a lot easier than waiting for rr83.

EDIT: And these are the only three dungeons whose wards you would get by RR rank gain. Just the base wards and that is it.
Hunter's Vale, Bastion Stair, LoTD, LV, will still have to be run. No questions.

Ads
CyunUnderis

Post#19 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:59 pm

Morradin wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:28 pm Some of you just do not get it. Even one more mastery point, one more tactic, a one time increase in stats by only +3, all of that ... dangerously unbalance the game even more.

One idea though hit it right on the head, and could work. Dungeon Gear wards!!!!

At level 81 you get wards from Beast Lord
At level 83, you gain the wards from gunbad, and do not have to do it.
At level 85, you gain wards from Crypts (and destro counterpart)

I know what you will say, this will make dungeons obsolete and all the hard work put into them wasted. Nope!

It is far easier to get the wards by forming a group and spending a few hours per day for a few days in each dungeon, and about an hour or so on beast lord bosses. Would you rather wait for RR85 to get crypt wards, or have it done around rr65 or so?
</5 LF GB group full run> is a lot easier than waiting for rr83.

EDIT: And these are the only three dungeons whose wards you would get by RR rank gain. Just the base wards and that is it.
Hunter's Vale, Bastion Stair, LoTD, LV, will still have to be run. No questions.
If you are RR80+ and you didn't do any PvE, why would you want to have PvE wards ? You will not have gears or influence rewards because you didn't do them, so you can't really use the wards. This looks really useless to me.