Recent Topics

Ads

Flame Arrow

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Orontes

Flame Arrow

Post#1 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:54 pm

Gentlemen,

Flame Arrow has traditionally been part of the Scout line. It was moved to the Skirmish line and made exclusive to the Skirmish stance. The tactic Enchanted Arrows still impacts both Festering Arrow and Flame Arrow. With the two abilities now under two distinct masteries, and Flame Arrow exclusive to the Skirmish stance, I don't think Flame Arrow gets much use, or that the tactic Enchanted Arrows gets its original full impact. I suggest that Flame Arrow have use in both Skirmish and Scout Stances.

thank you

Ads
Sever1n

Re: Flame Arrow

Post#2 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:36 am

So u want to skip gcd and stance change, to get resistanceignoring dot from 65ft? Dont think that kinda of buff will help. If enemy at 65ft ant you you will still switch into skirm and start to kite so no big deal from where shoot flame arrow. Sw now in bad shape and need some changes for sure but dont think another jorney of flame, swift strikes, or shadowstep will help. Its now part of skirmish rotation so scout will slightly benefit from it, and skirm will lose part of dmg as mass dps. Class need serios help but looks like its not so easy to balance it to not broke completely. I hope that new season of ranked and new program will help devs to make sw something whole.

Orontes

Post#3 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:32 am

Sever1n wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:36 am So u want to skip gcd and stance change, to get resistanceignoring dot from 65ft? Dont think that kinda of buff will help. If enemy at 65ft ant you you will still switch into skirm and start to kite so no big deal from where shoot flame arrow. Sw now in bad shape and need some changes for sure but dont think another jorney of flame, swift strikes, or shadowstep will help. Its now part of skirmish rotation so scout will slightly benefit from it, and skirm will lose part of dmg as mass dps. Class need serios help but looks like its not so easy to balance it to not broke completely. I hope that new season of ranked and new program will help devs to make sw something whole.
Perhaps, Flame Arrow could be given the same range (100ft), like with Spiral Fletched Arrow, and Broadhead Arrow, and be subject to the same distance reduction when Split Arrows tactic is slotted. This creates even more stance continuity, and allows Flame Arrow some actual use (assuming it is useable in both Scout and Skirmish stances).

BluIzLucky

Post#4 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:38 pm

From my testing and others, Flame Arrow does not get effected by Enchanted Arrows, not sure if it's intended or a bug: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/19112
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70