Recent Topics

Ads

Remove lockout entirely

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
CyunUnderis

Re: Remove lockout entirely

Post#31 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:41 pm

Evilspinnre wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:38 pm
CyunUnderis wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:25 pm
heybaws wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:52 pm In 2022 there is still not a single example of specific guild warband on a specific date switching to specific overpopulated side to specifically pvdoor the zones by the way.
Absolution, NM and friends, TUP, VII, ...

Maybe I forgot some of them.
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaahahahahahhaahhahahaahahhahaahhaahhahaha.

We swap to the underpopulated side/whoever has more AAO.

Zerging and PvD is boring and pointless, I am always open to doing a wb v wb fight when we am running in the lakes on either side. Sadly Abso are the only ones that have accepted.
My bad, I didn't understand properly the first quote. I understood the opposite ...

Ads
Garamore

Post#32 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:32 pm

Most of the in night balance swaps usually come from organised warbands logging off/logging on than switching sides. It can be frustrating to be winning and then all of a sudden be loosing but 1 organised wb starting/stopping can make a huge difference.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

heybaws

Post#33 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:45 pm

warlover wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:07 pm
heybaws wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:52 pm In 2022 there is still not a single example of specific guild warband on a specific date switching to specific overpopulated side to specifically pvdoor the zones by the way.
What makes you so sure of this, do you have all the info the Dev's have?
It's not devs who constantly whine about "xrealmers" ruining rvr fun for them. It's a bunch of same players bringing this topic on and on without proving any specific info about it.
It's not up to me also to prove that something doesnt exist, at first someone should actually provide proofs that there is a systematic issue with warband premades switching towards overpopulated zones to pvdoor the lakes. So far we have none of it, and personally, i think that anyone who brings that topic to justify why they suck should be permabanned from forums, but thats just me ofcourse.

Ainu

Post#34 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:21 pm

Switching sides should be stopped forever. Devs should give short period for players to choose preferable side, and then delete characters of other side. Any player trying to play for both sides, must be banned forever. Existing of multiple accounts can be revealed by investigations, IP-tracking, community appeals etc. Permission for switching side is ruining the game, that’s why lockout timer solves nothing.

There are 2 different paradigms may exist for players.

First. There are 2 different realms in the state of eternal war. Each player belongs to only one realm, that’s why all other players of the same realm are allies. Community of the realm may become friendly and work together for improvement of realm power (so called ‘Order pride’). In this paradigm, realm can evolve by improvement of leadership skills, quality of coordination between all players, and tries to act as united force.

Second. Current realm means nothing for player loyalty. Each player is individual fighter and fights on his own only, or may be loyal to his group/guild which is very limited part of realm. In this case, coordination between players of one realm is unnecessary, and your own reward is much more important than your realm achievement. In this paradigm each player evolves by his own efforts, and cannot whine like ‘no tank guards me’ or ‘healers are dps’, because tank/healer has the same right to play his own game, and their goal is not your profit. You are nothing for other players among you, despite on that case that game shows them to you as ‘allies’.

You can still waste time and discuss cross-realming reasons for lockout’s value, but without basic paradigm this game will not survive. I just want to remind you, that originally WAR was designed for the only side loyalty, and many mechanics inherit this logic.
Eversong

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#35 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:31 am

there is literally no reason for lockouts to exist other than to appease some losers who deem it neccessary for, you guessed it, no reason.

Sulorie

Post#36 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:42 am

Ainu wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:21 pm Switching sides should be stopped forever. Devs should give short period for players to choose preferable side, and then delete characters of other side. Any player trying to play for both sides, must be banned forever. Existing of multiple accounts can be revealed by investigations, IP-tracking, community appeals etc. Permission for switching side is ruining the game, that’s why lockout timer solves nothing.

There are 2 different paradigms may exist for players.

First. There are 2 different realms in the state of eternal war. Each player belongs to only one realm, that’s why all other players of the same realm are allies. Community of the realm may become friendly and work together for improvement of realm power (so called ‘Order pride’). In this paradigm, realm can evolve by improvement of leadership skills, quality of coordination between all players, and tries to act as united force.

Second. Current realm means nothing for player loyalty. Each player is individual fighter and fights on his own only, or may be loyal to his group/guild which is very limited part of realm. In this case, coordination between players of one realm is unnecessary, and your own reward is much more important than your realm achievement. In this paradigm each player evolves by his own efforts, and cannot whine like ‘no tank guards me’ or ‘healers are dps’, because tank/healer has the same right to play his own game, and their goal is not your profit. You are nothing for other players among you, despite on that case that game shows them to you as ‘allies’.

You can still waste time and discuss cross-realming reasons for lockout’s value, but without basic paradigm this game will not survive. I just want to remind you, that originally WAR was designed for the only side loyalty, and many mechanics inherit this logic.
This sounds more like "the cure is worse than the illness".
There is no realm pride, because outside of rvr premade warbands - which conflict with the pug attitude of most players - there is hardly anything to be proud of.
Last edited by Sulorie on Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

dwyur

Post#37 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:22 am

Ainu wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:21 pm Switching sides should be stopped forever. Devs should give short period for players to choose preferable side, and then delete characters of other side. Any player trying to play for both sides,
Game has survived until now, with population increases & decreases while remaining steadily 1k+ during peak hours; why exactly will this "game not survive" now?

The idea of forcing everyone to choose one side, and have their other characters deleted, is so absurd it's not worth discussing.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa