Recent Topics

Ads

Remove lockout entirely

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
tazdingo

Re: Remove lockout entirely

Post#11 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:42 am

extend it, kill xrealming entirely

pvprangergod wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:11 pm For example at the time of starting the first post, there was 100% aao for order in a zone.

Now, only a short time later well less than 90 minutes, there is aao for destro which might easily pick up further to the point i wouldn't want to play order.
this wouldn't happen if lockout was 24h

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#12 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:15 am

As usual the general population and devs stance is off the mark.

Here's what I think is important to fix xrealming

- All encompassing and engaging campaign. Keep all stages of the zone and even pairing relevant, tie PvE and SC's into it more, look to live how this was done and learn

- Make sieges less boring and tedious, explore options to add flavor to the sieges i.e the gliders into top floor of fortress and such.

- Make siege weaponry more relevant, most of it's bullshit also losing a ram to a bug or a well performed ambush is too punishing, keeping 100+ people waiting so long for it to be available again is simply horrendous, makes people log off.

- Re-implement the "Attrition" debuff, having your entire zones population in the keep should starve you out fairly fast without map control, be it the "terror aura" or reduced hp idk.

- Disable t4 chat for plebs, some random guy yelling "KEEP DEF IN KV EZ FARM" has a massive pull effect to that area, also there is too much chatter

This is(in my humble opinion :mrgreen: ) a good start to treat the actual illness, not some random symptom of people logging off in frustration or people swarming to defend for an easy farm. I'd wager highly that THIS is more of an issue than people actually xrealming to be a winner

tazdingo

Post#13 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:54 am

nebelwerfer wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:15 am - Re-implement the "Attrition" debuff, having your entire zones population in the keep should starve you out fairly fast without map control, be it the "terror aura" or reduced hp idk.
having aao influence character stats in any way whatsoever would kill the game dead

its not people logging off in frustration we literally sit there every night, one eye on the server pop one eye on sor. you can see them one by one switching over to the zerging side. the literal meta on destro NA right now is to play around xrealming, its our biggest concern at all times if we want to achieve anything. im sure many on order feel the same when it swings the other way. stop people from being able to do this and the campaign will work as intended

Everdin

Post#14 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:31 am

Would like a one week "Choose a side and stay there" campaign. Not because I think this would help, but that all people will see that there will be no difference.

The big number switching during a day are most depending on timezones and playergroups, not on single players switching.

People that really like to join the winning side have 2 accounts and if needed will use VPN to keep with the playstyle. That didn't matter, these people are the minority and the influence of these people who switch all few hours depending on most profit is nearly irrelevant.

Most influence are big guilds switching on a weekly basis playing for longer time on one or another side. Lockout wouldn't affect this as well.

Inbetween are people that join one or the other side depending if they feel like order or destro and don't give a **** at all.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Meliannia

Post#15 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:52 am

The Community already overwhelmingly voted once to make Lockout 24hrs
this has not been carried through

may as well make a post 'remove prisons entirely'
remove speed limits entirely
remove red lights entirely

Come on, man.,....

warlover

Post#16 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:51 pm

pvprangergod wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:59 pm Lockout makes playing the game overly difficult. There is zero point me playing the game on destro when there is >100% aao for order. Even >40% aao is pushing it.

If I log to order and want to play, I might not even find a single person to join up with. So it would be pointless and I would be better of trying to do something on destro like scenarios. However, getting instantly locked out for 90 minutes just because I dared to actually PVP on order instead of stand around and cry that destro has too many people in general chat (or vice versa) is ridiculous and is punishing me for doing something that should infact be rewarded (as aao does reward us, but we can't make use of it fully because of the insane lockout).

I should be able to easily switch sides based on whether or not I can find some people to play with. Lockout just makes it super inconvenient to play the game. Fort lockout is even worse, there is zero chance I will ever do a fort on order side because I have no level 40 order character. That means when city happens I literally can't play the game at all because all my 40s are on destro side. Again, preventing me from playing as I want to, for fun and not for some xrealm conspiracy theory, for no real reason.
All i heard in this post was me me me me me like nobody else even plays the game, stop Crying :cry:

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#17 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:35 pm

There's an ongoing discussion to increase the lockout timer in a specific way that will be shared soon. It may or may not see light based on internal review and a community survey which will be pushed later on.

But I do believe that no matter what we do, if players want to PvDoor there will always be a way to do it. In this game, the community decides whether there will be fair and competitive fights in the lakes or not. Locking logins based on faction population has so much more impact than balancing population, you're forgetting the player that you left outside of his guild's warband, friends, etc. Either ways it's a really heavy topic that - in my opinion - has a lot of perspectives rather than right/wrong opinions.

dwyur

Post#18 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:06 pm

Lockout of 24hrs is not the answer; current lockout, with possibility of minor tweak, is fine. You are attempting to prevent the immediate xrealming to the other side for bagrolls. That should be the only purpose of the lockout. 24 hours is pretty ridiculous.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Ads
Meliannia

Post#19 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:12 pm

dwyur wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:06 pm 24 hours is pretty ridiculous.
In your opinion, which i respect.
but heartily disagree with.

In the majority of the community opinion as per prior forum vote, it's fine as paint.

'Swords In The Wind!"
The Mel.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#20 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:37 pm

So I am EST NA time zone. I was on around my lunchtime two Saturdays ago. I was running in a WB where everyone was Guildies together save for me and maybe 3 or 4 others.

We were in High Pass and our side was slightly heavier than the other; there was a 20% AAO. I was running with them we will say an hour when we just spawned ram on order. As soon as the ram spawned the WB leader said in chat that he had a 40/45 Choppa that needed renown so he was going to take his Guild and the Alliance to Destro and thanked us for joining. He and 17 others left the WB to switch to their Destro toons.

Obviously, you know the rest of the story, the siege never took place and destro rolled for the next 3 or 4 hours all the zones.

What if we did 3 hour lockouts, but gave a thirty minute "Grace Period" when you login to get online assess which side you want to be on and make your decision then?
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!