Recent Topics

Ads

Remove lockout entirely

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
heybaws

Re: Remove lockout entirely

Post#21 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:52 pm

In 2022 there is still not a single example of specific guild warband on a specific date switching to specific overpopulated side to specifically pvdoor the zones by the way.

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#22 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:41 am

tazdingo wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:54 am
nebelwerfer wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:15 am - Re-implement the "Attrition" debuff, having your entire zones population in the keep should starve you out fairly fast without map control, be it the "terror aura" or reduced hp idk.
having aao influence character stats in any way whatsoever would kill the game dead

its not people logging off in frustration we literally sit there every night, one eye on the server pop one eye on sor. you can see them one by one switching over to the zerging side. the literal meta on destro NA right now is to play around xrealming, its our biggest concern at all times if we want to achieve anything. im sure many on order feel the same when it swings the other way. stop people from being able to do this and the campaign will work as intended
Take off your tinfoil hat and go touch grass my friend.

For the campaign to work as intended you can't whip people into doing what you want - you need to make doing the right thing attractive.

For example, removing the public limited bag-rolls did the opposite, the more mediocre the performance by the general zerg is, the easier and higher the odds of rolling a good bag is.

Completely counter intuitive, reintroduse the good old public bag roll system with extremely limited bags, imrpove it's loot and you will see that people are competing and striving to get the most contribution and zerglings will be left behind. And where is it easiest to get good contribution? By farming the zerg - doing maverick ambushes and sabotage, etc etc. My 2c

warlover

Post#23 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:07 pm

heybaws wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:52 pm In 2022 there is still not a single example of specific guild warband on a specific date switching to specific overpopulated side to specifically pvdoor the zones by the way.
What makes you so sure of this, do you have all the info the Dev's have?

tazdingo

Post#24 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:23 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:41 am
nebelwerfer wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:15 am - Re-implement the "Attrition" debuff, having your entire zones population in the keep should starve you out fairly fast without map control, be it the "terror aura" or reduced hp idk.
having aao influence character stats in any way whatsoever would kill the game dead

its not people logging off in frustration we literally sit there every night, one eye on the server pop one eye on sor. you can see them one by one switching over to the zerging side. the literal meta on destro NA right now is to play around xrealming, its our biggest concern at all times if we want to achieve anything. im sure many on order feel the same when it swings the other way. stop people from being able to do this and the campaign will work as intended

For the campaign to work as intended you can't whip people into doing what you want - you need to make doing the right thing attractive.

For example, removing the public limited bag-rolls did the opposite, the more mediocre the performance by the general zerg is, the easier and higher the odds of rolling a good bag is.

Completely counter intuitive, reintroduse the good old public bag roll system with extremely limited bags, imrpove it's loot and you will see that people are competing and striving to get the most contribution and zerglings will be left behind. And where is it easiest to get good contribution? By farming the zerg - doing maverick ambushes and sabotage, etc etc. My 2c

no you need to prevent them from doing it. it happened again in shadowlands last night, about 3/4am GMT. aao is flipping between 20/40 either side, good fights, people playing objectives, order get to 2st first. they push with 20 destro aao, we defend twice after door goes down

we hit 2 star and repair door, momentum swings and now order have 40 aao. we spawn ram, push and order repels. we rel, second push and order repels again. at this point aao has still not gone more than 40 either way

suddenly a bunch of people start whining in destro chat rather than trying to reorganize. many of us fall back to our keep in anticipation of what we know what is coming - boom, 140 destro aao in 3 minutes. about 9 people make it to our keep, rest trapped at spawn or cave, order walks it in and takes keep

miserable for those of us fighting and coordinating for two hours. miserable for the order who pulled together after a failed push and defended well now get pvdoor because of brainless xrealmers chasing a free bag

it happens every single night. it is ruining every facet of the campaign with its inevitability. we know who is doing it - we know them by name, we know them by guild, but no name and shame. it is the sole thing that decides who wins a zone and it needs to be stopped

nebelwerfer

Post#25 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:31 pm

tazdingo wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:23 pm
nebelwerfer wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:41 am

no you need to prevent them from doing it. it happened again in shadowlands last night, about 3/4am GMT. aao is flipping between 20/40 either side, good fights, people playing objectives, order get to 2st first. they push with 20 destro aao, we defend twice after door goes down

we hit 2 star and repair door, momentum swings and now order have 40 aao. we spawn ram, push and order repels. we rel, second push and order repels again. at this point aao has still not gone more than 40 either way

suddenly a bunch of people start whining in destro chat rather than trying to reorganize. many of us fall back to our keep in anticipation of what we know what is coming - boom, 140 destro aao in 3 minutes. about 9 people make it to our keep, rest trapped at spawn or cave, order walks it in and takes keep

miserable for those of us fighting and coordinating for two hours. miserable for the order who pulled together after a failed push and defended well now get pvdoor because of brainless xrealmers chasing a free bag

it happens every single night. it is ruining every facet of the campaign with its inevitability. we know who is doing it - we know them by name, we know them by guild, but no name and shame. it is the sole thing that decides who wins a zone and it needs to be stopped
that's a tale as old as the game itself, I think it's a call to arms happening in t4 chat to defend, people flock to it more and more, attackers stagnate and get bored, counterpush happens.

What I'd do to fix this is introduse a harsh penalty for turtle defenders where they starve out of their keep fairly fast unless supplies are brought in.
Bring back the old lootbag system where people who organize and make stuff happen such as yourself are rewarded especially for their efforts.

Maybe create a system where if you hold all BO's for a duration the keep and BO's are upgraded with guards so a timer so no single guy can decap it, which will inevitably lead to the keep defence failing and the campaign rolls on.

Everything there might not be better than what we currently have, and we did move away from this for a reason but I think it'd mitigate the xrealm problem in a more constructive way than just excluding people from what they want to play.

Remember, in a zone flip both winners and losers roll for bags, so there will be plenty of incentive to try to put up a fight on the side there is less competition for bags. This is addressing the lackluster aao aswell.

Deathsaw

Post#26 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:42 pm

shoelessHN wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:07 pm Yeah let people freely switch to the side with more people so they can all PvE the doors and get free medals/renown. Sounds exciting! Also you may want to change your name to pvEangergod.
This is by far the best answer. How about bringing some idea to solve this problem? Since it's bad anyway, one side is always overpopulated, just look at the site before logging in and find out which side is more populated and log in. AAO is no longer an advantage, Dev has decreased RP gained, oil no longer gives RP...

Oldschool

Post#27 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:47 pm

I dont think that this swaping to one site is a "call to arms" thing.....cause there was no other zone adressed for RvR last night. Just shadowlands. And so I guess there wasnt that much Orders hanging around in Altdorf or doing PvE....it is a xrealm what is part of a xrealm-System for Order main chars...I was there last night and have seen as a ongoing swap so many high level orders, that I have to think this is a "order plays Destro as twink and if they can earn medals and make there way to city - they will push it with there order main" chars, Just my thoughts, cause I have seen it too many times that I cant think its just a coincidence. Solution to this xreal issue: limit the site numbers at all to be more or less equal. then Xrealm is gone and the people have to choose there site. Will also help to make each community stronger and more "realm" like...

CyunUnderis

Post#28 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:25 pm

heybaws wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:52 pm In 2022 there is still not a single example of specific guild warband on a specific date switching to specific overpopulated side to specifically pvdoor the zones by the way.
Absolution, NM and friends, TUP, VII, ...

Maybe I forgot some of them.

Nvm, I don't understand english properly.
Last edited by CyunUnderis on Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#29 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:40 pm

oldschool is correct, it was 4am server time and sl was the only active zone. an entire wb stopped communicating. we see black and white what is happening every night

Evilspinnre

Post#30 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:38 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:25 pm
Absolution, NM and friends, TUP, VII, ...

Maybe I forgot some of them.
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaahahahahahhaahhahahaahahhahaahhaahhahaha.

We swap to the underpopulated side/whoever has more AAO.

Zerging and PvD is boring and pointless, I am always open to doing a wb v wb fight when we am running in the lakes on either side. Sadly Abso are the only ones that have accepted.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp