Recent Topics

Ads

Realm Champions not needed, we need Time Zone Champions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Everdin

Re: Realm Champions not needed, we need Time Zone Champions

Post#71 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:13 pm

Don't want to jump on the order panic train but just to mention - this picture is not convincing for the last few weeks
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Sulorie

Post#72 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:28 pm

Garamore wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:10 pm Just logged in. Its EU prime time.

Come on, this was edited in paint, you swapped red and blue colors!
Dying is no option.

Garamore

Post#73 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:56 pm

And at the end of the night

Safe to say 0 zones taken and AAO for destro pretty much all prime time.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Garamore

Post#74 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:14 am

And now we have stopped its back to normal

knick

Post#75 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:04 am

You should know it better. Player in the lakes doesn't represent the true power of faction. It's not uncommon that player enter pvp zones in the moment of siege and shifting balance of power.
Destro order distribution yesterday was 51%-49% for destro.
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

Garamore

Post#76 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:42 am

They were the screenshots from last night - only time when there was no aao to destro was when order went to another zone before coming back. In that other zone destro had 400% AAO This morning IC is back to 1 star and Altdorf its 4 stars. Doesn't look like a destro dominated server as the original poster was claiming......

Everdin

Post#77 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:16 am

Garamore wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:42 am They were the screenshots from last night - only time when there was no aao to destro was when order went to another zone before coming back. In that other zone destro had 400% AAO This morning IC is back to 1 star and Altdorf its 4 stars. Doesn't look like a destro dominated server as the original poster was claiming......
I'm pretty sure you were online the last weeks, just don't pretend order was on par with destro in a big picture in this time. I'm not saying this is a balance thing, not saying this happens only to order, I know this things changes. But yesterday evening don't mirror the current state of realm population
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Morradin

Post#78 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:58 am

I admire the amount of work you put into your argument. That is one mega dissertation. I am sorry I stopped reading at " 1.log in numbers for one faction need to be frozen when the larger faction reaches 55% ..."
I hit a wall and came down here to reply. NO! This is game suicide!!!!

ONE fact remains the same as it always has;
" You Can Not Tell Someone What To Play, and when to play "

I am sorry, if I want to play my WH, and I can not because Order is zerging, I am not going to go play destro. I will go play a totally different game. And most players feel the same way.

So sure, if you want this game to completely die, make it so that people have to wait in line to play their fav class. If you want RvR to be completely empty, sure set up population % limits. People will migrate to other games, not the other faction!

Final thought.
Where was this post six months ago, three months ago, two months ago, or even one month ago, when Order was zerging the entire game, practically 20 hrs a day? No where, or coming on other versions, from a player who plays primarily destro.
I take it, you play primarily Order. Good for you. As a veteran of over 10 years of playing WAR, I have one piece of advice for you;

Population does this. Spend 6 months to a year playing one faction, then switching for 6 months to a year to play the other faction. For nearly a year (or more I think) Order has been dominating. Well, time has come for players to switch to their Destro.

Final final thought.
Can we stop with the anger at people who play both realms? Really. Anyone who knows anything about this game, knows that it is so called XRealmers, that keep it alive. Can we stop laying blame at the feet of people who choose to play the entire game, and not just one or two easy mode classes on one realm?

Again, well thought out argument (I am sure). But it will not work. Unless you want the majority of players, who play both realms, to go to other games.

Ads
Templa

Post#79 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:56 pm

my 2 cents....
nowadays xrealm dictates the game.
The core member all have bis or near bis gear so they decide what is more fun/beneficial or help friends
One faction pushes towards an objective(keep/fort/city) and then the individual player decides what faction they wanna play on.
Due to the fact that many people have multiple accounts to split up destro and order the whole lockout system does only partially work.
Locking people out of something they want to do (play order or play destro) never worked well in any part of human history. Either we try to destroy the limitations or quit.
Also Order made some moves to gather up more intel and build big alliances so they dominate rvr more regular.

I am not sure if i understood the realm-champion thingy but making realm champions will probably result in smallscale groups forming to benefit more from being empowered?
Image Image

Spellbound

Post#80 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:08 pm

Class Balance is never ending, never. DAOC and other games that exist over 20 years still have Class Balance to change the meta.

I doubt the Devs believe and focus on just class balance and Realm Champions don't balance, the Dev team does. They just ask for suggestions on certain topics they'd like feedback on. So you're talking about two different things saying the game doesn't need Realm Champions, but then focus on a totally different topic which they can easily do multiple things.

Balance isn't done frequently now and you see them working on other content all the time such as new cities, etc. while living their lives and doing this on their free time.

If they want to "punish" a realm for having more than 55% and AAO is not enough, you'd have to look at decreasing amount of bag rolls based on % the realm has logged in, increase the HP on the door, lords, damage they deal based on the same %. However as you mention and obviously blame CCCP which is mentioned ton of times, topic could've been brought up without focusing so much on "CCCP" or Realm Champions to get a point across.

You can't force players to login a certain realm no matter what you change as it's player driven, but you can help incentivize swapping. However if you place a 24 hour lockout, guess what? They can no longer swap realms to even out the realms if one already has 55% and they're locked to it, then you'll just kill the population.

As for realm populations, it's nearly the same people swapping back and forth. if you say it's just 100 or so, that's not worth a 24 hour lockout. 24 hour lockouts are made when you want people to be dedicated and attached to one realm only, and we know that won't exist at this point in time and split up friends and guildmates being locked to different sides.