Recent Topics

Ads

Realm Champions not needed, we need Time Zone Champions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Archimediss

Re: Realm Champions not needed, we need Time Zone Champions

Post#41 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:37 pm

The mel why dont you tell the truth for a change ? timezones its a joke no ?
Ive known IC zerged twice a day for months by order , and you say you dont know about that ? Now destro after all that time is finally getting gear and organised your crying you are being zerged , i dont see you crying over the abuse of exploits your side seems so famous for ( and i have the screenshots to prove it ) but the devs cant do anything about that on live this was a banable offense here i will prolly get banned for saying it

Ads
Amdus

Post#42 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:45 am

Meliannia wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:53 pm that must have been 3 years ago

or in NA west coast time
IC has never been 'on farm' GMT CET time, and its rare as rocking horse plop that GMT CET Order get any IC cities at all, nearly all IC Cities are NA West coast time when CET GMT Order are asleep bene that way for 2years+
any cities during our prime time are almost always Altdorf.
Extremely low quality bait. This is a troll thread that got derailed from it's original topic, soon the NB crybabies will flood it and we'll have the classic thread that goes nowhere (again).

regularspecial

Post#43 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:50 am

some sort of mercenary system would be nice

I think lessons learned from allowing cross faction play in ranked could apply to the wider game

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#44 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:29 am

Wanted to address the RoR subreddit posts quoting my ****:
Spoiler:
due what secret wrote, i can propose myself....

Pro:

-alredy have in mind how make viable in rvr wb all 2h tank and s+b BG

-alredy have in mind how fix zerg issues/snowballing during keep ranking.....

-alredy have in mind how fix this stratification of not used stuff being in game

-i wont mind write super long explaining patchnote

-i dont need gm to cover for my mistake or when being attacked.

-i played this game for more than 10 years so far.

-i can work 10/h day

-finaly someone that DONT KNOW HOW TO CODE will fix the balance ; how it should had been from the begginig because these are 2 different competence ...... you'd say they arent well this is why you keep fail in fix teh problems wrong vison.

Contr:

-lot of you dont like me probable because i keep telling you where you fail and you cant accept that

-i want free controll over flag/keep system you wont like it.

-i have vison of rvr, sc etc you wont like maybe, but again is the right one pretty confident of it.

-i hate op stuff ( not unique stuff but i'll nerf it tought not remove it)

i wont code, you will (i cant) but stuff we need to do to fix this mess is abyssmall....test me.....
The person in charge must present their information to the public in a coherent way.
The above post is a solid way to never get invited to any position of power. You need to be humble and have technical skills, and strong communication / a personality that isn't abrasive. The above post is considered 'non-constructive feedback'.

Additionally, the post:
Spoiler:
Secrets dropped the game? Haha.

At least he knows his faults unlike trolls like wargrimarse. I cant believe they promoted gamesbond. He must’ve gone far up wargrimarse’s ass to get that bump.

That game hasn’t made any real changes since azarael left.
The faults in balancing were shared by the entire team. My changes were constantly modified or adjusted by leads and other developers in various positions for 4 years.
If I objected, I would spend 3 hours arguing and no time actually making changes to the code, db, etc.

My departure from the team had nothing to do with my own ability to perform tasks. It had everything to do with being fettered and having to take feedback on my proposed changes that I simply fundamentally disagreed with, but was powerless to 'force them through' despite a majority of the feedback from players I sampled in private considering my changes, when presented, being a net benefit for the games' health.

I respect that the devs here have their own opinions, and are trying to think outside the box, but there are very few things I could actually do while staying within the parameters of the team.
And if I went outside of them aka Azarael's level of toxicity, I would be even further from my goal. 'Revolts' normally don't result in a healthy population, so I defended people that **** upon his decision - this game is either unified under one server or not at all. It's not healthy enough to support competition. Those players that have quit either will need leadership here to change their direction, or they're gone forever. No 'rival server' will ever bring them back and that's just an acceptance of reality.

Acidic

Post#45 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:29 am

@Secrets from what I saw you write a lot is covered by the difference of designed by comity versus designed by visionary.

There is no doubt that design by comity has never produced anything good historically , however it is also true that the biggest disasters and screw-up are produced by visionaries.

I am a strong believer that there is a middle road that tends to be missed and discarded when it comes to these types of development routes. One of the biggest issues with balance on the server is actually quantifying what is balanced and how it is proven, without significant effort in defining and measuring balance no changes will be able to clearly show if it worked or not and it’s back to “feel” and other emotive bs .

Once a measure of balance is in place it should be fine to leave broader assignments of say “fix” 2h choppa/slayer without the micro management of how. The results can be measured rather than opinion. If things went wrong way revert , tweak and or give assignment to another. (On RoR not so easy as not so manny devs)

My personal issue is that getting stats from game is almost impossible (except ranked) which makes quantitative analysis hard.

I would think that once decent stats are available and stats understood (often they are badly used here and claims based on stats completely mis-represent what those stats are showing) then proposed changes should come with a prediction of effect on the stats .

Garamore

Post#46 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:18 am

The game will always be super hard to balance. It was launched on live with lots of different tools on both sides to give variety and we have seen massive balance swings over the years. Unless there are exact mirrors there will always be the 'destro has too many pulls/order has rampage' arguments. Its also super hard to balance across the game modes. What's balanced or not an issue in Ranked can be completely game breaking to RvR and vice versa. Likewise what's balanced in RvR might be completely broken in forts (remember broadheaded arrow spam and destro not even getting in the door before dieing).

In the current system there does need to be some population imbalances otherwise there would be no zone locks and therefore no bags. EU primetime is often a stalemate with maybe 1 zone lock but 1000s of kills. Rest of the day its either order or destro running through the zones taking empty keeps. The empty keep takers end up with all the loot and the prime timers get 1 or 2 bag rolls.

I think its a pretty simple swap to make this better - put more rewards behind kills and less behind pvdoor. Putting the loot behind bag rolls drives Pvdoor which drives the zerg to run from zone to zone and keep to keep. It also drives defenders to let the outer door drop and funnel which creates dead time whilst the ram is on the outer. You don't get many kills when zerging or hiding in a keep so if the rewards were behind kills then people may spread out a bit.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

nebelwerfer

Post#47 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:36 am

i got quite sad by the way msh got nerfed, then rsh reworked and msh nerfed some more.

It seemed like the original dev had a strong beautiful vision which was torn apart by others and it put him in an apathic state where he didn't care to object anymore.

Same thing goes for gunbad. Others get involved and the original genious behind the dungeon become enstranged and apathic.

That is just me projecting and speculating, but I fear that this is happening.

It's all in our best interest to keep devs engaged and somewhat autonomous, to be left to their work. Preferably with some solid polling and data-analyzing before any major changes, but a vision (like the idea of improving MSH and snb WP/DoK) did lead to an extremely popular and fun to play class spec - it just worked!

It's important to be grateful for the work even if it's not perfect, and leave well enough alone. Having said that, I think a lot of excitement from RVR went away with the participation trophy system for bagrolls, it used to be public, it used to be only for the biggest tryhards in the zone etc. Gosh I am ramblin', hopefully someone can take something useful out of this post.

sergteo

Post#48 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:36 pm

Secrets wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:29 am Wanted to address the RoR subreddit posts quoting my ****:
Spoiler:
due what secret wrote, i can propose myself....

Pro:

-alredy have in mind how make viable in rvr wb all 2h tank and s+b BG

-alredy have in mind how fix zerg issues/snowballing during keep ranking.....

-alredy have in mind how fix this stratification of not used stuff being in game

-i wont mind write super long explaining patchnote

-i dont need gm to cover for my mistake or when being attacked.

-i played this game for more than 10 years so far.

-i can work 10/h day

-finaly someone that DONT KNOW HOW TO CODE will fix the balance ; how it should had been from the begginig because these are 2 different competence ...... you'd say they arent well this is why you keep fail in fix teh problems wrong vison.

Contr:

-lot of you dont like me probable because i keep telling you where you fail and you cant accept that

-i want free controll over flag/keep system you wont like it.

-i have vison of rvr, sc etc you wont like maybe, but again is the right one pretty confident of it.

-i hate op stuff ( not unique stuff but i'll nerf it tought not remove it)

i wont code, you will (i cant) but stuff we need to do to fix this mess is abyssmall....test me.....
The person in charge must present their information to the public in a coherent way.
The above post is a solid way to never get invited to any position of power. You need to be humble and have technical skills, and strong communication / a personality that isn't abrasive. The above post is considered 'non-constructive feedback'.

Additionally, the post:
Spoiler:
Secrets dropped the game? Haha.

At least he knows his faults unlike trolls like wargrimarse. I cant believe they promoted gamesbond. He must’ve gone far up wargrimarse’s ass to get that bump.

That game hasn’t made any real changes since azarael left.
The faults in balancing were shared by the entire team. My changes were constantly modified or adjusted by leads and other developers in various positions for 4 years.
If I objected, I would spend 3 hours arguing and no time actually making changes to the code, db, etc.

My departure from the team had nothing to do with my own ability to perform tasks. It had everything to do with being fettered and having to take feedback on my proposed changes that I simply fundamentally disagreed with, but was powerless to 'force them through' despite a majority of the feedback from players I sampled in private considering my changes, when presented, being a net benefit for the games' health.

I respect that the devs here have their own opinions, and are trying to think outside the box, but there are very few things I could actually do while staying within the parameters of the team.
And if I went outside of them aka Azarael's level of toxicity, I would be even further from my goal. 'Revolts' normally don't result in a healthy population, so I defended people that **** upon his decision - this game is either unified under one server or not at all. It's not healthy enough to support competition. Those players that have quit either will need leadership here to change their direction, or they're gone forever. No 'rival server' will ever bring them back and that's just an acceptance of reality.
That was a fun read, the pros are "im the best and i know better than you" and the cons "you'll do my **** and you won't like me but i'm right" , what a gem
Last edited by sergteo on Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Meliannia

Post#49 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:40 pm

Garamore wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:18 am EU primetime is often a stalemate with maybe 1 zone lock but 1000s of kills.
Rest of the day its either order or destro running through the zones taking empty keeps.
1st statement has not been the case for weeks GMT CET time, 2nd statement is true that destro are running thru the zones with 5 to 7 wbs overrunning half a wb or 1 wb

last 50 zones taken CET GMT time destro have taken 46.
46 vs 4

Order took praarg, ellyrion, dragonwake, caledor, then got mashed up at fell landing fort, thats our 4.

this trend only continues...
since ive logged on today destro have taken 5 zones and Shining way Fort. Order have no progess as usual.

the sheer numbers playing destro helped out by the all too willing to join destro 50 to 100 x realmers is making CET GMT time Order unplayable.

As i finish this post Destro have also just taken Thunder Mountain so that's 6 zones to 0 in a couple of hours on Monday, no doubt Praarg is next.

if your 'stalemate and 1000 kills each' comes up, Garamore, ill let you know.

Evilspinnre

Post#50 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:43 pm

When EU Primetime hits there are usually 3-5 organised warbands on each side. Some are dedicated to one side, some swap to whichever side is outnumbered.

If you run around solo on AM all day you will only see "zergs" as you get run over. Maybe join an organised warband and see the bigger picture.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp