Recent Topics

Ads

Realm Champions not needed, we need Time Zone Champions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: Realm Champions not needed, we need Time Zone Champions

Post#11 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:52 pm

Meliannia wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:33 pm we discussed this in chat today in game
a Gm intervened and said it was 'anti-russian' and threatened me to be silent
im hoping this gm was a one off and misguided and misunderstood , as other players did speak out and said no1 is anti anythign, it is about the numbers one side has. Logistics and maths. No emotion.

it is the elephant in the room
and it seems the road is harder than we thought if a GM wishes to not only ignore the discussion but try to suppress it,
Game Masters are there to monitor the game and enforce the rules, as well as support players in some cases. The development path and the decisions are not tied to a GM's reply to your in-game chat. While you may not have been anti-Russian, the words you used could have been a reason to scale drama so a GM would interfere to try and prevent such incidents. If at least one Russian player has replied to you, I bet it would have started a whole argument on general chat, with several people going back and forth.

Feel free to express such opinions on the forum, where you could properly explain yourself and avoid being misunderstood. For example what you said in your last reply is completely logical and pure data, I gather such data by nationality on social media for instance and that's completely not against anybody - it's just how you word your argument.

Ads
MMXX43

Post#12 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:56 pm

Here is where you are wrong tho.
There is a reason people will focus 1 realm ( besides aesthetic values ).
Destro has lower skill ceiling, has actual debuff synergy, is cc overstacked, has anti kite and kite counters and the list goes on and on.

The above are non debatable facts.
So at its core, it is a class balance problem.

knick

Post#13 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:23 pm

questionable nerf decisions leads to a questionable balance. we have classes without a natural predator leading to a unhealthy overuse. Part of the original balance based on a disadvantage when fighting certain classes simply by design. But games like this and specially the community(not all) not willed to accept the fact that you are in a disadvantage fighting some classes

Simple example: Wl nerf in mobility and damage leads to a indirect shaman buff leads to a shaman overuse leads to a small nerf of RUN AWAY! leads to unhappy player on both sides.

I can understand the pressure for the dev team and the will to develop RoR their own way but some times it feels like a missing foresight and impact some changes can have.
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

sharpblader

Post#14 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:49 pm

knick wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:23 pm questionable nerf decisions leads to a questionable balance. we have classes without a natural predator leading to a unhealthy overuse. Part of the original balance based on a disadvantage when fighting certain classes simply by design. But games like this and specially the community(not all) not willed to accept the fact that you are in a disadvantage fighting some classes

Simple example: Wl nerf in mobility and damage leads to a indirect shaman buff leads to a shaman overuse leads to a small nerf of RUN AWAY! leads to unhappy player on both sides.

I can understand the pressure for the dev team and the will to develop RoR their own way but some times it feels like a missing foresight and impact some changes can have.

Which classes don't have a natural predator currently?

Martok

Post#15 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:52 pm

I agree with the underlying premise:

Meliannia wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:53 pmRealm Champions not needed...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Amdus

Post#16 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:01 pm

I started to read and I just couldn't finish it. I suppose you are talking about xrealming while you stab destro in between, as usual. On the xrealming part lockouts should be 3 hours at the very least since the moment you logout. You pick a side and you don't zerg surf at convenience, xrealming doesn't benefit anyone but xrealmers who are a small minority fortunately. On the typical destro pathological whining of yours: Get good and stop calling us CCCP, it's not funny to anyone but yourself.

Meliannia

Post#17 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:28 pm

so you don't think 72% vs 28% every day now for 16hrs a day is an issue and not a problem?

Says it all.
perfect example of 'Self >All.'

Ive played 13 MMO since EQ 1999 (the Granddaddy of all MMO), this is the ONLY MMO i've known that the people who perma quit still love the mmo,
its not like WoW when ppl left coz it got dumbed down every single year
or LOTROL that ppl quit coz no end game
or ESO ppl quit coz of the bugs
or AoC people quit coz of the main game being vastly underfunded and inferior to the tutorial level
or Rift ppl quit coz it went pay to win

why quit an mmo you love?
Because you are Unlucky enough to play GMT and CET time zone and want to play Order, and you find out its unplayable for Order 16hrs a day nearly every day on GMT and CET and some people have the Ethics not to run to destro or to Xrealm for free wins, they'd rather not play and not sell out. These decent folk perma quit, sad they had no choice.

We cannot ignore these problematic truths about the damage that X Realming and faction imbalance numbers especially GMT CET time for poor Order (but also west coast NA time too for poor destro), are doing to the game we love. We must show the courage to face these problematic truths and conquer them.

'Swords In The Wind!"

The Mel.
Last edited by Meliannia on Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sulorie

Post#18 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:38 pm

Meliannia wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:28 pm so you dont think 72% vs 28% every day now for 16hrs a day is an issue and not a problem?

Says it all.
perfect example of 'Self >All.'
Where do you even pull those numbers?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Martok

Post#19 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:54 pm

Meliannia wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:28 pmso you dont think 72% vs 28% every day now for 16hrs a day is an issue and not a problem?

I believe in the maxim touched on up-thread, that any action taken which hinders ones ability to successfully prosecute a fight by default aids your enemy. An example:

The nerf of Wings Of Heaven equated to a minor buff for all Destruction classes. That is how the system works.

Balance in this game constitutes a broader question requiring applications more profound than the heretofore evidenced simple mentality of "I want this for my class." That is why your underlying premise has the most merit.
Last edited by Martok on Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Archimediss

Post#20 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:04 pm

I for one play EU time and after being zerged by order for 18 months find it refresshing that the numbers are evening up . I find it pityfull that this was ever posted because its a figment of your imagination . Posting this shows only that you have little idea of the population playing this game and how they move . I could complain about the fact that its damn near impossible to get your gear now 70 hours of winning scenarios to get your weapon/weapons .Considering how many order play in sov gear well count about 4 times as much time
As an after thought i will leave you with this aao is there so you can get better renown for your kills