Recent Topics

Ads

[VOTE] New Cape Designs | Night of Murder LE

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Vote for 3 concept arts for Order and 3 for Destruction

Poll ended at Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:59 pm

C [Order|Neutral]
6%
L [Order|Neutral]
3%
J [Order|Neutral]
2%
A1 [Order|Neutral]
4%
E1 [Order|Neutral]
5%
C1 [Order|Neutral]
1%
P [Order|Neutral]
4%
D [Order|Neutral]
13%
H [Order|Neutral]
4%
E [Order|Neutral]
14%
A [Destruction]
7%
C [Destruction]
4%
D [Destruction]
6%
E [Destruction]
12%
F [Destruction]
10%
G [Destruction]
5%
Total votes: 1224

GamesBond
Former Staff

[VOTE] New Cape Designs | Night of Murder LE

Post#1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:59 pm

Hello, one of our talented artists has been heavily working on new cape designs since last year, you may have been rewarded with a couple of them if you participated in their respective Live Events.

For this year's Night of Murder live event - which will be happening in February - the artist has presented a couple of concept arts that we wish to get your feedback on and possibly diminish the number to 5 capes for each faction. Please vote on your favorite concept arts, reply to this topic if you have anything constructive to share and share the thread with your guilds/friends so we could get more input from the community. Keep in mind that these concept arts represent the initial versions of the capes and they will be far more developed, colored and well presented in the end.

You can vote on 10 concepts. Please pick 5 Order/Neutral and 5 Destruction designs.

I. Order or Neutral designs:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
II. Destruction designs:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: [VOTE] New Cape Designs | Night of Murder LE

Post#2 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:34 pm

In my opinion order E cape is the best looking one - not only does it look like an actual, realistic cape but it's got swashbuckling feel to it that I really like - if only it could be worn by both order AND destruction without any changes, the realistic simplicity of it makes it perfect.

Oder D cape comes at close second - again, it looks like an actual cape folded over the shoulders, graphic element on it makes it rather elvish and it would make me squirm wearing it on my dwarfs.

Order E1 seems like the best choice for Empire classes.

-
-

Order C makes me think wood elves or chaos classes and frankly none of the capes designed for destruction make me want to wear them - on one hand they are all in Dark Elf aesthetic and on the other are too spiky and over the top to go along with any but elvish sovereign sets.

Simplicity is the utmost form of sophistication - please don't overthink it, the more realistic the design the better it fits into grim dark warhammer world - I might be the only one but I'd actually want designs that I myself would wear. This is the way to explore:

P.S.: Voted E, D, E1 and A1 (high elves variant)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

ekalime
Developer

Post#3 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:35 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:34 pm In my opinion order E cape is the best looking one - not only does it look like an actual, realistic cape but it's got swashbuckling feel to it that I really like - if only it could be worn by both order AND destruction without any changes, the realistic simplicity of it makes it perfect.

Oder D cape comes at close second - again, it looks like an actual cape folded over the shoulders, graphic element on it makes it rather elvish and it would make me squirm wearing it on my dwarfs.

Order E1 seems like the best choice for Empire classes.

-
-

Order C makes me think wood elves or chaos classes and frankly none of the capes designed for destruction make me want to wear them - on one hand they are all in Dark Elf aesthetic and on the other are too spiky and over the top to go along with any but elvish sovereign sets.

Please note that the Night of Murder is a Dark Elf themed event and the designs typically try to follow the race that the event is themed around. Making a single themed cape work across multiple races is a rather hard task (nearly impossible), yet we try to respect the theme of the event. There is nothing against a neutral cape such as E being usable by both factions, however at that point we concede that it has nothing to do with the event and the event is rather an opportunity to introduce new cosmetic gear.

nocturnalguest

Post#4 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:11 pm

Voted order&neutral D, H, E but really dont like prevailing fantasy shapes. I'd personally prefer them being in a shapes of actual cloaks/capes but with some elements, like chains, fur etc.

CrimsonLotus1978

Post#5 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:14 pm

Voting for Order/neutral D and H to be available on Destro side. I also like the shape of Neutral D and imagine its movement as a flowing luxe cape. An option to dye it would be great and would mean it can be used by either. Thanks for your ongoing work in the game, it is a labour of love.

Herlequin

Post#6 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:00 am

10 order and 6 Destro capes so D & E for Order, Destro dont really have anything appealing so something like Orders D & E if you could design something similar as they look like real capes... Please!

oaliaen

Post#7 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:04 am

All destro capes looks like order... Order E looks nice. Why not more capes whit beastlord designs like skulls, trophys , over the shoulder . wolf fangs , etc
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Last edited by oaliaen on Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

insolenz

Post#8 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:29 am

please bring back bloodlord cape banner appearance for chaos on destro!

Ads
sergteo

Post#9 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:10 am

My suggestion:

For Destro:

1- Druchii:
2- Chaos:
3- Green bois:

Ordah:

1- Empire:

2- Asur:

3- Klinkarhun users:

Broad and long cloaks with animal fur on top are what look the best for most races. Variants with lizard/dragon scale also also do well on elves/dwarves. Is not hard to do with Blender, bet there are free models without copyright on repository 3D models sites.

Darks63

Post#10 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:42 am

@sergtio the Druchii cape is in already its the Redeye cape.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.