Recent Topics

Ads

Make sc queue like city

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: Make sc queue like city

Post#21 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:14 pm

hriam123 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:39 pm Okey. My another suggestion is to disable " Wait 1 more minut to join". I dont know, looks like destro abuse that option. We always start with less numbers and got equal after game almost over.
Abuse what? Your own side joins late?
Dying is no option.

Ads
btbw2009
Suspended

Post#22 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:20 pm

easy-schmeasy
ppl queue to sc
- if they queue as grp - they will wait grp on other side
- if no grp on other side (like 5 min to wait or float and depend from number of queue per hour) then they count as solo ppl with different hidden timer of join queue
- solo ppl will be join to sc as 1-1-1 (tank-healer-dps, also mdps+rdps but not rdps-rdps vs mdps-mdps) mini-grp filled (on both sides)
- if solo waiting more then 10 min (or float depend from ppl queues per hour) then scenario start balance T with T or H with H etc
- scenario dont start without one tank or one healer on both side (in rare cause can be used ranked SC rule - include different realm ppl, its solution of best match)
developers think game is good when all quests work but no - game good when good math work on ppl fun and gameplay

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#23 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:26 pm

hriam123 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:39 pm Okey. My another suggestion is to disable " Wait 1 more minut to join". I dont know, looks like destro abuse that option. We always start with less numbers and got equal after game almost over.
you wrong
sc balancer trying to fill first (alphabetic) realm with G6+G6 form
so invitation to join SC start when Destro had enough G6+G6
at same time Order can have only G6+3 or G6+G6 but 1 or 2 ppl decline to join scenario
so Destro will always have 2 groups in sc but order only if have extra ppl to join during scenario
low pop realm dont have enough ppl to refill and auto lose sc, yes its order

Talladego

Post#24 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:40 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:26 pm One of the easiest adaptations to the game modes is to join an active guild, make friends and participate in game modes as a group.
Except a large part of the server population don't play that way and have no interest to.
They start playing the game solo, level on public quests solo, join open warbands solo, join scenarios solo.
And when they reach T4 they get stomped to the ground by high-rank premades and possibly quit the game altogether.

Just because you say the core game is about organized group/guild play doesn't make it true.
So many of the features added by the original developers clearly shows they designed the game around casual play: Public Quests, Open Warbands, Free-for all Scenarios with little to no organization required.
At the same time allowing organized guilds to do their own thing.

The subject of premades vs pugs pops up so often you would think the devs would have gotten the message by now: by feeding premades free kills you are slowly draining the game of casual players.
What the hell was the point of Ranked if premades are still allowed to farm casuals?

But who cares, your server your rules.

Xerbolak

Post#25 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:35 am

The discussion is fruitless in my opinion. As you can see from my previous posts (yes, the non-existent ones) i am not to vocal about how i play etc.
I think of myself of a casual player by definition which is why i wanted to make my thoughts known for a change.

What bothers me, is that some here seem to claim to speak for casuals in general. I profoundly disagree there.

I as a casual player for example, do join solo scens, grp scens back and forth.
I adjust my expectations according the situation.

When i join solo, i dont expect to win. I try and make the best out of the given situation. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I had perfect stomps in solo q and grp q also. Also got wrecked in both ways too.

And yeah, thats not always fun either way. I just accept that sometimes a grp is very much in favor over solos.
Nothing beats the feeling of beating a grp setup with pure pugs. So there is the fun in that.

Just my 2 cents....

Have fun, cya in the lakes

Everdin

Post#26 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:47 am

btbw2009 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:20 pm easy-schmeasy
ppl queue to sc
- if they queue as grp - they will wait grp on other side
- if no grp on other side (like 5 min to wait or float and depend from number of queue per hour) then they count as solo ppl with different hidden timer of join queue
- solo ppl will be join to sc as 1-1-1 (tank-healer-dps, also mdps+rdps but not rdps-rdps vs mdps-mdps) mini-grp filled (on both sides)
- if solo waiting more then 10 min (or float depend from ppl queues per hour) then scenario start balance T with T or H with H etc
- scenario dont start without one tank or one healer on both side (in rare cause can be used ranked SC rule - include different realm ppl, its solution of best match)
developers think game is good when all quests work but no - game good when good math work on ppl fun and gameplay
Peope have guilds and make the effort to build groups in this MMO (the last few month it feels necessary to mention the MM stands for massive MULTIPLAYER).
Let them build groups and split them up right after is the best way to keep them away from scenarios or the game.
May sound like a premade-free lucid dream for you, but maybe the fun ends if the only two or three scenario that opens up during your playtime are looses because you forget that the other realm still has 2:2:2 and you are 1:1:4 because they have a better balance through the archetypes.
btbw2009 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:26 pm
you wrong
sc balancer trying to fill first (alphabetic) realm with G6+G6 form
so invitation to join SC start when Destro had enough G6+G6
at same time Order can have only G6+3 or G6+G6 but 1 or 2 ppl decline to join scenario
so Destro will always have 2 groups in sc but order only if have extra ppl to join during scenario
low pop realm dont have enough ppl to refill and auto lose sc, yes its order
Already answered this in the other thread, don't thinky this is how it works, unless you know the code of the balancer and can prove that this is a "Make decent destro groups and throw some order trash in". At least it sounds like bullshit to do this in a alphabetical way.

Of Course if one side can provide 2:2:2 and the other not this can cause disadvantages, but this is the only way it works without waiting hours in the que. If noone plays tanks on one side there is no chance you will get one.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#27 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:03 pm

what better - play on both side and win sc
or play on one side cuz it almost always win?
open pop monitor and find truth - order underpopulated cuz live on order is weird and useless
from t1 to t4 SC live is ended when destro premade in game
its error of development when premades in game can fight with equal amount of random ppl
its error of development when balance in classes, balance in SC matchmaking dont developed, only downgraded with simple BS in mind - lesser time to wait
leesr time to lose? is it working? no
so order will lost pop more, more and more
who you will kill on destro?

Ashoris

Post#28 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:30 pm

too many ppl here in the thread who do not remmeber the old queue times or havent played then.
Like mentioned in the thread THEY tried ... but the wait time was way too long so even the casual player begged to reverse it : better a loose than no pop was one of the most used sentence !

there was also a time when the solo SC popped instantly because a lot of people where queueing solo Only (Thats literally in the hand of all the solo players) ....
BTW: asking for better matching mechanics while complaining that even the simplest matching mechanic (solo and duo only) leads to not frequent enough POPs is hilarious !

Right now you have 2 Options if it gets too frustrating:
1) quit queueing
2) Invite People

I can just speak for myself but if am queueing solo and its too frustrating i look out for other random Players i met in a SC before and Ninja invite them or send a short msg like : invite :) cant be worse than solo !
If you have a little bit understanding of the game and that showed in the SC the right ppl will often accept your invite and you have a decent grp/smallman to play with !
soo thx to all the players in the past who have accepted an invite !

note: i queue Solo (with either Devo/Verey or Beworas) and as FG depends on mood
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Ads
Everdin

Post#29 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:33 pm

Where do all this guys come from complaining about the multiplayer component of this game? Try some offline singleplayer games, noone will hurt you and you don't need other people.

what better - play on both side and win sc
or play on one side cuz it almost always win?
it's better to play the side you want
open pop monitor and find truth - order underpopulated cuz live on order is weird and useless
pop monitor has zero effect to premade population in sc. I enjoy playing order as long as my guild is around!
from t1 to t4 SC live is ended when destro premade in game
We played with a not very optimized group on weekend, and had great fights during primetime with premades and nonpremades (I play order) - lost TWO (one because of we got stompt, other was equal fight with loose on points)
its error of development when premades in game can fight with equal amount of random ppl
its error of development when balance in classes, balance in SC matchmaking dont developed, only downgraded with simple BS in mind - lesser time to wait
Maybe you could call it error in development if there are so much people not willing to play in a group, but if so, please provide better performence instead of attacking people trying the best to keep this game alive.
lesser time to wait
leesr time to lose? is it working? no
so order will lost pop more, more and more
who you will kill on destro?
Again. if matchmaking works on one side and not on the other it is not a development problem, it's an issue of missing tanks/healers on one side. The only chance devs have, is buffing order tanks to heaven so everyone want to play one or reduceing the number of pops to nearly zero.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#30 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:46 pm

you dude dont understand simple thing
ONE player cannot affect on current matchmaking system cuz it fall under ur or like u fans of Fast scenario invite
im dont talk here about balance of classes or realm
only for machine finder tool
its have error, its can be fixed
but you post more and more things about BS like order tanks, join to grp etc
dont go to shop for milk, cuz ppl already invent nuclear bomb...same logic and same realisation ingame