Recent Topics

Ads

Feedback on LOTD Third Test Run

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Martok

Re: Feedback on LOTD Third Test Run

Post#11 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:54 pm

zulnam wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:36 amSkirmishers - Hidden beneath the desert sands, the Nehekhara warriors await to be beckoned by their king and strike when their enemies are most distracted.

I like this idea and support its consideration. The idea of a warbands worth of Mobs springing up out of the ground, a la the skeletons in "Jason and the Argonauts," during a fight is the stuff of nerd dream-works and would contribute, at least in my opinion, positively to the overall ambiance and character of The Land Of The Dead.

I mean come on, who wouldn't want to see this happen in game?

Click here to watch on YouTube
Last edited by Martok on Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Martok

Re: Feedback on LOTD Third Test Run

Post#12 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:03 pm

GamesBond wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:12 pmIt's not gonna be a difference of 10+ hours per day. Also, the zone holds enough players to cover most level 40s - we may look into increasing the population based on what you mentioned.. We don't want to keep a lot of people outside and we also don't want to force players to stay logged in, but there's a minimum of time investment that you will need to do (playing as much as you do now may be more than enough).

I discussed this in my video but I wanted to take a moment and readdress the issue. At some point there is bound to be a cap level imposed, but I support the ideal of allowing as many players to participate as is effectively possible. There is enough angst generated when, after fighting through multiple zones, players are excluded from city siege instances. We don't really need more of that.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...