Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked feedback and sugestions after season 3.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mergrim

Ranked feedback and sugestions after season 3.

Post#1 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:01 pm

Positive:
-Mixed teams make ranked alvie again
-All class are viable to play ranked(ofc some less some more:D)

Negative:
-MMR system needs rework, currently not enough player base.(waiting 2-3h with 30ppl in que and 0 games up)
-Lucky strike wins make you top class with low game played.
My suggestion is:Win +1 lost -1 Draw-0(i hate to have draw and -30..) This system should also promote players who have been playing with one class longer and have a positive win ratio.

-Group ranked-90% time it's just kill trade(played few games in season 3 all of them done in 30sec-2min fight)
Don't see any reason why there is free insignia on it.
-Group ranked- free emblems at end of season for some classes that played just 1 game.(BW/SW for example)

Suggestion: do the minimum required amount of solo games played (80-100)for group ranked(10) to count for end season reward.
Remove insignia from group ranked and solo 1k mmr, just make option to buy 1 insignia for 50emblem.

Machmaking system need rework.
Sometimes you have 2xchalice dok/book wp vs zealot/rp+shield wp/dok/shammy/am.
Kotbz / Chosen + dealer of magic dmg vs no kotbz / chosen + dealer of magic dmg .. makes the first team win in 90% of cases.

Class balance suggestions:
-Choppa need finnaly fix on lotsa choppin(slayer still have 11-13% more base dmg on flurry than choppa)

-Black Orc in 2h need ST punt(make it close to IB punt). BO is worst tank in game now.
Black Orc str:172 bs:98 int:74 thoug:221 ws:196 ini:123 will:147 wounds:606 sum:1637
Swordmaster str:219 bs:74 int:123 thoug:196 ws:237 ini:172 will:98 wounds:610 sum:1729
This is base stats both mirror class, idk BO need boost or SM a little nerf.

-Wh/We remove this instant stealth skill....

Ads
pvprangergod
Suspended

Re: Ranked feedback and sugestions after season 3.

Post#2 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:26 pm

why does solo ranked exist if ror is a team game?

delete solo ranked.

Mergrim

Post#3 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:15 pm

pvprangergod wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:26 pm why does solo ranked exist if ror is a team game?

delete solo ranked.
Keep such comments to yourself. You fight in solo ranked 1 vs 1 or 6 vs 6?...braindead?

Boernsen

Post#4 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:24 pm

Your IB gameplay always gave me a headache but this tops it

sergteo

Post#5 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:55 pm

Black ork needs at least a tactic that enables single target punt, it's just too bad of a tank for ranked, if at least it had the brutal damage of swordmaster that'd make up for it's shortcomings but playing the class well and having luck with the matchmaking is gonna give you a 50% winrate at max.

Chalice dok pretty weak as healer compared to any other one, it's only thing that makes it stand out the m2 aoe cleanse for when you really need to cleanse that heal debuff.

Kobts needs more damage.

IB needs more duration in it's buffs.

Stacking magic damage dealers is also a big source of imbalance, i agree.

Caduceus

Post#6 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:25 pm

Mergrim wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:01 pm

-All class are viable to play ranked

I disagree.

Certain classes are too weak in ranked. Even if some players manage to carry them over 1k MMR, it is not realistic to take the performance of a player who is likely the very best at their class (and probably among the very best players in the game) and call a class viable on that basis.

Besides, with the system being as flimsy as it is, it is very difficult to tell what part of a player's performance is the result of their proficiency at a class and what part is a product of "knowing when to queue".
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

regularspecial

Post#7 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:40 pm

Let BO use ya missed me with no shield and give it some sort of punt

ya missed me is a 10 second -20% dmg done to a target and is unavoidable so it is a very nice ability to slap on a dangerous target that they must deal with but it requires a shield and so will never really be applied in a situation where the it will shine.

tactics need a look as well. the parry to best plan is a cool idea; in theory you could spam out a bunch of free attacks, and "best plan" abilities do hit harder than any other plan.

However it is almost impossible to play with and even the ability to change to da good plan to use a snare is unreliable at best.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:56 pm

Mergrim wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:01 pm
Machmaking system need rework.
Sometimes you have 2xchalice dok/book wp vs zealot/rp+shield wp/dok/shammy/am.
Kotbz / Chosen + dealer of magic dmg vs no kotbz / chosen + dealer of magic dmg ..
This is what I dislike most about current MM.
When nobody else is in queue, ok - I prefer to get a pop instead of none - but seeing zeal+shaman in one team and dok + wp in the other team, feels just dumb.
Same with the famous IB+BO with dok+wp against a team with SM and casters, resist buffs and st healers.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Caduceus

Post#9 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:02 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:56 pm

This is what I dislike most about current MM.
When nobody else is in queue, ok - I prefer to get a pop instead of none - but seeing zeal+shaman in one team and dok + wp in the other team, feels just dumb.
Same with the famous IB+BO with dok+wp against a team with SM and casters, resist buffs and st healers.

RoR was never meant for balanced 6v6. I suppose all sorts of conditions could be put into the system to prefer certain types of matchups and not allow others (or only when there's no alternative) but wouldn't it be much easier to simply accept Ranked as an imperfect game mode, mostly there for fun and the niche of players who enjoy the experience, and to stop having BiS gear gated by this flimsy gamemode?
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ashoris

Post#10 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:27 pm

not a single comment to best punt and best KD on 1 class ? :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras