Recent Topics

Ads

[Keep Fights][Repair Behavior] Remove Instant Repair of Keeps

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
b00n

[Keep Fights][Repair Behavior] Remove Instant Repair of Keeps

Post#1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 am

Hey,

i would love to see a certain behavior to be stopped.

What is happening ? During a Siege, the defending realm tends to wait until outer or inner door is taken down, to enforce the bag roll.

What is the problem with it? Instead of fighting, people just afk inside the keep or play minigames around postern.

What to do? Remove instant repair of a bag drop when outer or inner is down, make it like a regular repair, that means 0 -> 100% by running supplys or any other repair mechanics.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: [Keep Fights][Repair Behavior] Remove Instant Repair of Keeps

Post#2 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:43 pm

That would drastically change the battlefield outcome, allowing one side to camp the inner keep area while the defenders try to repair the keep's outer. You didn't resolve the issue you mentioned but you made it extremely more punishing.

Player behavior has been always pushed towards maximum rewards, it's why some people also tend to quit after rushing too many forts and cities. We've added a defender bag as a reward for truly defending keeps, but you can see how it gets treated sometimes.

Aethilmar

Post#3 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:59 pm

@OP I am unclear on exactly what you are asking for:

1) Are you saying eliminate the bag roll completely and still repair by box running?
2) Or only give bag roll when keep fully repaired by box running?
3) Or give bag roll when timer expires but still have repair by box running?
4) Or something else?

Cyrylius

Post#4 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:53 pm

Quick explanation, with an example to illustrate the issue.
1. Attackers break the outer gate
Option a: defenders defend the keep and get nothing out of it, additionally making fights in the zone terribly stale as one side logged off and the second one has to turn at least 50 boxes to even spawn the ram
Option b: you let attackers break the inner and take keep, get zone lock RR, possible bag roll and you farm them in the next zone where you try to spawn ram first.
I'll let you guess which option was often taken before defence ticks were implemented.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

b00n

Post#5 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:09 am

Aethilmar wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:59 pm @OP I am unclear on exactly what you are asking for:

1) Are you saying eliminate the bag roll completely and still repair by box running?
2) Or only give bag roll when keep fully repaired by box running?
3) Or give bag roll when timer expires but still have repair by box running?
4) Or something else?
1) Sorry was not clear on this, bag rolls are important and should be handed out. I'm just saying that it shouldn't be done by just one supply drop after 10min.
2) Here i'm not sure i wouldn't say that u have to full repair it but atleast the threat of enemy should be proven to be treated.
3) This option could tbh atleast be a fix for the lazy appliance. Would recommend this for now.
Last edited by b00n on Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+

b00n

Post#6 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:11 am

GamesBond wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:43 pm That would drastically change the battlefield outcome, allowing one side to camp the inner keep area while the defenders try to repair the keep's outer. You didn't resolve the issue you mentioned but you made it extremely more punishing.

Player behavior has been always pushed towards maximum rewards, it's why some people also tend to quit after rushing too many forts and cities. We've added a defender bag as a reward for truly defending keeps, but you can see how it gets treated sometimes.
Hey, so after some time i realized that i should have first started a discussion in general and then should brought up a suggestions. So at the moment i'm more claiming that there is a certain problem, which should get worked on.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#7 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:28 pm

b00n wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:11 am
GamesBond wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:43 pm That would drastically change the battlefield outcome, allowing one side to camp the inner keep area while the defenders try to repair the keep's outer. You didn't resolve the issue you mentioned but you made it extremely more punishing.

Hey, so after some time i realized that i should have first started a discussion in general and then should brought up a suggestions. So at the moment i'm more claiming that there is a certain problem, which should get worked on.
Sure no worries, feel free to post the structured suggestion when you have it ready :) Or maybe continue discussing its ups and downs here, maybe it'll give you better ideas/suggestions to share later?