Recent Topics

Ads

Freedom of appearances

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
SuperStar

Freedom of appearances

Post#1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:45 am

My suggestion is that we should have more freedom with the appearances. For example dok has a dagger from a long quest and he cannot use it as alternative appearance.

If it's not against lore, I can't see why not.

We have an option to turn off the enemy appearance. And we have a very cool cut off dwarf head as appearance. (Sadly I haven't got it, I hope in the future I can) so if it doesn't bother anyone a dagger what matters.

Thank you.

The unique, alternative appearance can be expensive, gold, royal, both and lock 🔒 behind RR.

They can be cool goal.

Ads
TrancaNapiaz

Re: Freedom of appearances

Post#2 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:12 am

Seems like a nice idea

Sinisterror

Post#3 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:32 am

Appearances and cross realm/different class gear should really be allowed in fitting cases. Dark elfs/High elves all have the same bodies, same for CH/EMP. In live this allowed so good looking possibilities without really making any difference for recognizing the class you are. Like Welf had SW hood and it was better looking on WE than SW by miles. Also sorc robes for dok with sorc(was it WE?) sovereign helm appearance on DoK worked perfectly. WL got SW / SM chests, even WP with Chosen Shoulders actually worked or dual wielding when using 1h+book. All order tanks got blorc shield appearance and wpn looking shield appearance so dual wielding tanks but really using shield was <3

Too much real nice examples from live to mention but this is a thing that would make ALOT of the players really happy and not feeling like 'It's their server their rules and free so full praise hail respects to all RoR staff<3 but this makes no sense' regarding to why appearances cannot be loosened.

There is no mirror classes so there will never be real 'meta's that some other weird spec and classes couldnt beat using something very spesific etc so there was much more freedom feeling when playing. This feels same with how many procs and buffs/debuffs there was in AoR (like t4 epics/even class mechanics) vs procs/buffs/debuffs here are in RoR and i still dont get why they made copy paste set bonuse's in ror when there was much better originally. Dont fix what aint broken=)

So more freedom and spec possibilities is always better even if it feels like OP and makes balancing a bit harder it is worth it!
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

tazdingo

Post#4 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:06 pm

devs ruled against this pretty hard last time it came up, but with the new epic quests theres hope that more alt appearances will be reintroduced in a measured manner. atm its a little sad that the main questlines are largely completely functional but there is very little reason to explore or do any of them. alt appearance gear was the main driver for anyone 40+

TrancaNapiaz

Post#5 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:44 pm

tazdingo wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:06 pm devs ruled against this pretty hard last time it came up, but with the new epic quests theres hope that more alt appearances will be reintroduced in a measured manner. atm its a little sad that the main questlines are largely completely functional but there is very little reason to explore or do any of them. alt appearance gear was the main driver for anyone 40+
Why are they against it? We're talking just about looks right? Maybe it would make the game fall from the Warhammer looks?

tazdingo

Post#6 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:41 pm

TrancaNapiaz wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:44 pm
tazdingo wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:06 pm devs ruled against this pretty hard last time it came up, but with the new epic quests theres hope that more alt appearances will be reintroduced in a measured manner. atm its a little sad that the main questlines are largely completely functional but there is very little reason to explore or do any of them. alt appearance gear was the main driver for anyone 40+
Why are they against it? We're talking just about looks right? Maybe it would make the game fall from the Warhammer looks?

there were many items that could be seen to be exploiting, breaking the silhouette of your class. ie, a dual wielding black orc mixing in lower tier appearance gear could be mistaken for a choppa, forcing an incorrect snap decision that could lead to disaster in some circumstances. the same thing with dark elves that are hard to distinguish at the best of times. particularly if you're fighting in melee, tab targeting and making decisions before you seer the class icon you could waste cc or morales on the wrong target

the approach that was taken to remedy this was to remove vast numbers of alt appearance (anything not belonging to a determined set) items instead of specifically the obviously problematic ones, thus my hope that these less problematic ones will be reintroduced in time

Estigia

Post#7 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:30 pm

I know it may sound stupid but I would love to be able to use the black hair from the dark elves on my high elves XD

TrancaNapiaz

Post#8 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:55 pm

tazdingo wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:41 pm

there were many items that could be seen to be exploiting, breaking the silhouette of your class. ie, a dual wielding black orc mixing in lower tier appearance gear could be mistaken for a choppa, forcing an incorrect snap decision that could lead to disaster in some circumstances. the same thing with dark elves that are hard to distinguish at the best of times. particularly if you're fighting in melee, tab targeting and making decisions before you seer the class icon you could waste cc or morales on the wrong target

the approach that was taken to remedy this was to remove vast numbers of alt appearance (anything not belonging to a determined set) items instead of specifically the obviously problematic ones, thus my hope that these less problematic ones will be reintroduced in time
Seems fair, maybe locking some gear or banning it? I don't know what bad can do some cloack or hood (?)

Ads
diegomess

Post#9 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:35 am

this is something a lot of players want and would not hurt gameplay at all, its a cool way to reward players +85. I dont think there is any players that are against this but the devs don't even consider it, the content, the assets are there and could bring so much uniqueness to the game and each player.

RIP chosen naked chest armor and my shao khan costume... never forgotten
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Dajciekrwi

Post#10 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:30 am

tazdingo wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:41 pm

You talking like 99% of time is for small scale fights or duels:)
Im only gankin in RoR, so must confess that i dont care what solo Orderling set have, i try kill him BEFORE a wb comes. And when 24 ppl is comig, they can be naked its no matter