Recent Topics

Ads

Question: How to improve Lion's survival under AoE?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
mryay

Question: How to improve Lion's survival under AoE?

Post#1 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:34 pm

Hi Guys,
I am looking for ideas to submit a balance change proposal concerning Lion's survivability under AoE and Zerg.

I tried different variants of build with Train to threaten, stack toughness/wound, Full-grown, guard, heals, etc. It just does not fly under all circumstances.

Problem statement:
- Under AoE/Zerg your Lion (the pet) almost instantly dies under AoE/Zerg
- At the moment, the only possible spec is a spec based on the Loner tactic (excluding the reason of "dumb pet a.i.").

Goal: Allow the player to play a White Lion with the Lion

Some initial could be like:
- The Lion would also beneficiate from the Tank's guard
- The Lion would take much much less damage
- A tactic, like Speed Training, would also allow instant cast of the pet (like Engineers Well Oiled Machine)
- etc.

Can you help ?

Swizz
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Ads
wachlarz

Re: Question: How to improve Lion's survival under AoE?

Post#2 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:09 pm

Order tanks will be happy to take all the dmg from Wl and the pet 😂

Shogun4138

Post#3 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:22 pm

When it comes to Aoe, all squishy classes die almost instantly.. Have your ever been caught in a slayer blender?
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:28 pm

Very easy solution is diminish AE dmg per second like morale bombs.

Skullgrin

Post#5 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:01 pm

Why would you need to balance the game due to a PEBKAC error? Just don't stand in the AoE area and run away from the zerg...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Elemint

Post#6 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:19 pm

Why is it necessary to have a second build in aoe? Why do you want the pet?

mryay

Post#7 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:09 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:01 pm Why would you need to balance the game due to a PEBKAC error? Just don't stand in the AoE area and run away from the zerg...
First, thanks I learn something, I just didn't know there was an actual acronym for this expression ^^.
Second, I disagree with you. There are situations where you need to split the herd, in which a combination between the tanks and mdps is necessary. And you often see it with the "melee blob" technique.
The problem here is that the Lion cannot withstand such damage pressure and losing your pet means substantial losses of damage, and above all, removal of some CCs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

mryay

Post#8 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:12 pm

Elemint wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:19 pm Why is it necessary to have a second build in aoe? Why do you want the pet?
It is not about a new AoE build, it is about having the Lion survive in the AoE. I mostly play single target damage dealer (with various builds), and I want to play with the pet because they're core the White Lion mechanics (damage, CC, debuff, buff). Loner-based build should be "one of those builds", not "essential to all open RVR builds".

Ads
Elemint

Post#9 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:35 pm

If you're playing ST in open neither you nor the lion have any business tanking the aoe. Swap stances if you need it to survive a dive, then swap again when bursting, go revenge, command it to hold position out of AoE until you need it, go guardian if you want to fanboy pull. I've never had issues with pet dying before it did what i needed it to do, especially not due to AoE spam.

Gargis

Post#10 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:57 pm

The WL as a class is a disaster. One poster suggesting that you be in a specific stance to pull is absurd. Of course that caveat is not necessary for a Marauder.

The ST spec for WL is dead. The pull is dead. The pet is for solo or 6 man play in a sea of absurd AE damage. Its a mdps class with no incoming heal debuff. If you spec for the outgoing heal debuff, your af debuff is reduced to 1000, pathetic. You are better off taking a IB for the outgoing heal debuff.

Its nothing more that as AE pressure class in city with Jagged Edge tactic. There is no good resaon to play a WL. If all WL stopped playing the class it would be an improvement for the faction.

The WL is nothing more than a mirror of failure.