Recent Topics

Ads

City siege need solutions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Lion1986

Re: City siege need solutions

Post#11 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:32 am

or simply make a city NOT planned, but that unlocks when you cap all 3 enemy forts. For example, destro cap all 3 forts in 1 day? good city timer starts to get in queue.

Ads
Garamore

Post#12 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:08 pm

99% sure that I will be called a lot of names after this but:

There are 2 main reasons there aren't more people queuing for cities:

1) The outcome is usually decided on the first encounter. Either one side wipes the other or its the stalemate res train guard the flag instance. From that point nothing changes but you have another 1hr + of the same to the point where id rather just throw it and get it over than spend 20 mins on the last stage achieving nothing before you can kill the lord. This is no fault of the RoR team - was same on live and only suggestion is make the time shorter or give the winning side a way to win faster (dare i say a surrender option?).

2) No one wants to get the best of other guilds top players warband as its usually an instant loss. This is then followed by a lot of drama, discord posts, youtube videos etc. Therefore its easier to go solo or go in as 6 or 12. There are no destro wb leaders at the moment looking to form 24 mans (let me know if i'm wrong and someone is). The scheduled city has made this easier to organise and therefore actually made it worse than before where more people took in what they had when city popped.

I think you could put the city between 8PM and 9PM CET and in a few weeks/months it would be down to 2-3 pops with 0 destro 24mans.

It was a good experiment to try it. Would be awesome to go back to the old way for most cities so the campaign was back and have 1 fixed pop per week to keep the people wanting to get the best of other guilds players together. Would be even better if there was a way to get full guild wbs to fight each other as id take in HoB vs Tercio or Gimle or FE or Bene etc. Just not a HoB vs the best players from NM/TUP/PNP/best of other guilds as it would be a pretty instant loss and we would get better fights solo, 6 man etc. We all know running a 24 man single guild wb means you will have a range of players for both ability/gear/class make up.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#13 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:33 pm

City siege will undergo a revamp, we understand it has its ups and downs and we're looking forward to publishing positive changes. Many of these changes have been already mentioned by the community on the forum and the focus groups.

Garamore

Post#14 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:01 pm

Great news! Always worth trying stuff - some worked awesome (crests) some were the first step on a journey (city). Thanks to the team for listening and doing stuff :)
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Lion1986

Post#15 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:12 pm

good thing! city needs to be planned carefully. Looking forward for the revamp!

Phantasm

Post#16 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:29 pm

GamesBond wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:33 pm City siege will undergo a revamp, we understand it has its ups and downs and we're looking forward to publishing positive changes. Many of these changes have been already mentioned by the community on the forum and the focus groups.
You got all data from killboard what every character do, maybe utilise that when city queue is happening? Rate every group from 6-24 members and pair it with similar score. Top players will have a great battles against top opponents and noobs can play pillow fight against other noobs :)

Kpi

Post#17 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:30 pm

GamesBond wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:33 pm City siege will undergo a revamp, we understand it has its ups and downs and we're looking forward to publishing positive changes. Many of these changes have been already mentioned by the community on the forum and the focus groups.
Bravo
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Valarion

Post#18 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:04 pm

havartii wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:14 am Even when you manage to be on when a city happens the chances that your group gets in is slim. New World Failed.. there is no reason to be taking bad ideas from a bad game. Be better ! :lol:

Something has got to be done about these no-pops. The other night was the third time in a row our 12-man queued, but didnt get into the city.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
WaaaghBoy88

Post#19 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:10 pm

Valarion wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:04 pm
havartii wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:14 am Even when you manage to be on when a city happens the chances that your group gets in is slim. New World Failed.. there is no reason to be taking bad ideas from a bad game. Be better ! :lol:

Something has got to be done about these no-pops. The other night was the third time in a row our 12-man queued, but didnt get into the city.
My sixman got into a city, only to come face-to-face with a Nightmare/PNP hybrid Warband of Slayers, IB's and a single BW.

I don't see as "city que times" as the problem. I dont make anything other than Sixman's or Solo to get into a city, because I know the que is going to be wound-up with massive Warbands that will be pitted against me. Yet I am being grouped against them anyways. The city instance-register system has to be altered. It should be only Warband Versus Warband, nothing else included. Random Sixman VS Sixman, including random solo's, is far more balanced.

PS: As long as the devs are working on improvements, only good things are in due time.

Lion1986

Post#20 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:21 am

so far queueing cities is worthless as destro because.
1)rewards are pathetic
2)mass slayer wb abusing bugs
3)why bother when I can go for the tier 2 or 3 areas and get double, if not triple, warcrests?
4)as casual player standing point of view, queuing as a 40/50rr is worthless because you match only top geared player.