Recent Topics

Ads

City siege need solutions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Phantasm

Re: City siege need solutions

Post#21 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:51 am

Lion1986 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:21 am so far queueing cities is worthless as destro because.
1)rewards are pathetic
2)mass slayer wb abusing bugs
3)why bother when I can go for the tier 2 or 3 areas and get double, if not triple, warcrests?
4)as casual player standing point of view, queuing as a 40/50rr is worthless because you match only top geared player.
You realise its a closed cycle? as casual not wanting to improve playing WITH better players AGAINST better players you will be always in same place.

Ads
Lion1986

Post#22 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:56 am

Phantasm wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:51 am
Lion1986 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:21 am so far queueing cities is worthless as destro because.
1)rewards are pathetic
3)why bother when I can go for the tier 2 or 3 areas and get double, if not triple, warcrests?
4)as casual player standing point of view, queuing as a 40/50rr is worthless because you match only top geared player.
You realise its a closed cycle? as casual not wanting to improve playing WITH better players AGAINST better players you will be always in same place.
1) many guilds if you are under RR 70 the high end guilds wont even invite you
2)90% of ROR guilds are 1 man guilds
3)BETTER PLAYER normally in this game are sweaty tryharder frustrated that at first mistake instakick you (heppened yesterday evening by mistake when I joined warband in KV)
4)Read point 3 of what I did write
5) So far i am cool with "my place". I log in the evening for 1 hours, have some fune in RVR and logoff. pretty simple to me.

Valarion

Post#23 » Sun May 15, 2022 8:25 am

1)rewards are pathetic
I'd recommend you join a good Destro guild, otherwise its just not worth pugging the city.

I think I once went 9 months straight without a single city loss on the Destro side and I can still count the single digit number of losses as they were memorable. Damn you Bombling. Dominating the city actually grew boring, which is why a lot of us are slumming on Order atm.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Sulorie

Post#24 » Sun May 15, 2022 9:36 am

At the same time all the low RR order can't get into city with solo queue, because destro makes rvr and too few players are available to make instances. Just bad when destro then don't even take a zone, because order comes to defend. Imagine you queue city and if you face a too strong opposition you leave, instead of refusing to join right from the start.

At least at prime time it doesn't make sense to skip city, as pop numbers are balanced and the order not getting into city are going to defend zones destro is attacking. Without quick locks, city gives more crests compared to being in a pug WB without much kills and most players actually make quite little kills.
Dying is no option.

facundo7777

Post#25 » Sun May 15, 2022 7:25 pm

Iam on the same boat. Since scheduled cities has been released i played city once while i was queueing myself solo or with grp 6 times.
I play around 2,3 hours per day so from my pov old campaign was better

wonshot

Post#26 » Sun May 15, 2022 7:55 pm

Valarion wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:25 am
1)rewards are pathetic
I'd recommend you join a good Destro guild, otherwise its just not worth pugging the city.

I think I once went 9 months straight without a single city loss on the Destro side and I can still count the single digit number of losses as they were memorable. Damn you Bombling. Dominating the city actually grew boring, which is why a lot of us are slumming on Order atm.
Those days are long gone and in the past though. The playerbase seem to be useing Citysieges for gearing alt number 8 now, and the mangement burden as a guildleader/buillder not only to get skilled player in but juggle that expectations burden of players wanting to get the tokens on chars who need it, but also wanna win the fight is just splitting the focus of what city should be in its current form imho.

"Baiting or luring" players in with higher tokens is probably not the solution, either city needs to be more fun somehow :roll: to appeal in it self.
or new gearing/ reward avenues needs to be explored. City weapons released, realm-account wallet or some way of bringing mains back to city instead of alt gearing while also being the "best endgame fights" is just too wide points on the spectrum of why players would want to queue city. But that also opens up for a very harsh enviroment for newer players trying to catch up.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO