Melee Cleave Range is unfair.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Panzer80

Melee Cleave Range is unfair.

Post#1 » Sun May 01, 2022 9:27 pm

Been playing the game for 2 years now. One thing that still stands out to me is the range of melee AOE attacks. They're too long. I don't think any melee class should have attacks longer than 10-15 ft, say for special attacks like leaping, pulls, throws, guns. Specifically, choppa and slayer "25ft" range seems to be more like 45 ft. I think a change like this would shift mechanics away from the meta melee blob ,which is all that's ever needed in any situation. Even with latency arguments, I don't think anyone can be taken seriously, saying that you really need more classes than WL/Mara-Choppa/Slayer in any comp situation currently. That's really all anyone ever needs for dps, and that's because of how easy it is to cover distance with rangey melee attacks.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Ads