Recent Topics

Ads

The problem with stealth classes

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Shogun4138

Re: The problem with stealth classes

Post#21 » Mon May 02, 2022 3:11 pm

Aoe damage can knock players out of stealth.

Seems like we get this thread anytime someone was ganked or a warband let one get away.

Reality is We/Wh die a lot to groups and warbands. Yes, they can get away but they also may not.

I'd suggest for you to play one and see the reality of it. Especially on a zerg happy server.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Ads
Detangler

Post#22 » Mon May 02, 2022 3:15 pm

Just revert stealth duration to max 30 seconds like it was a year+ ago or whenever it was changed. It was better when stealth was used to "reposition and attack" rather than "sneak around for 2 minutes 99% undetectable" and wait endlessly to gank easy kills only.

That and reduce the self healing abilities of WH and WE. At a certain tipping point regen goes from being ok to OP, and we have passed that point - on many classes.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Valarion

Post#23 » Mon May 02, 2022 5:38 pm

Here are some solutions:
  • Remove in-combat stealth its a blight on this game but...
  • Make the duration of baseline stealth permanent or
  • Buff dots to more consistently break incombat stealth
  • Buff initiate of players to detect stealth or
  • Introduce a skill that aoe pulls stealthers out of stealth (aka WoW Hunter mechanic)
Problem solved.

I'll just leave this gem here from the old days:
"In-combat stealth will not be implemented here, it rewards bad players playing badly". (paraphrasing) Torquemadra
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Fenris78

Post#24 » Mon May 02, 2022 6:06 pm

Shogun4138 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:11 pm Aoe damage can knock players out of stealth.
Spoiler:
Seems like we get this thread anytime someone was ganked or a warband let one get away.

Reality is We/Wh die a lot to groups and warbands. Yes, they can get away but they also may not.

I'd suggest for you to play one and see the reality of it. Especially on a zerg happy server.
Not anymore, unless the attacker already spotted the stealther.
Before it was about 10% chance to be put out of stealth by any damage, now it's like 15-20%, BUT need to be spotted first AND be damaged by people that spotted you.

Needlessly to say, stealth has been buffed, and I feel like stealth detection is harder than before now.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#25 » Mon May 02, 2022 6:08 pm

Valarion wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:38 pm Here are some solutions:
  • Introduce a skill that aoe pulls stealthers out of stealth (aka WoW Hunter mechanic)
Problem solved.

"In-combat stealth will not be implemented here, it rewards bad players playing badly". (paraphrasing) Torquemadra
What problem and how is it solved by making stealth permanent (so no AP costs I guess)?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Fenris78

Post#26 » Mon May 02, 2022 6:10 pm

Arbich wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:08 pm
Spoiler:
Problem solved.

What problem and how is it solved by making stealth permanent (so no AP costs I guess)?
No I think poster wanted to say "revert stealth to fixed duration, like before". Maybe I misunderstood the wording, but I figured the intention... ;)

Arbich
Suspended

Post#27 » Mon May 02, 2022 6:12 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:10 pm
Arbich wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:08 pm
Spoiler:
Problem solved.

No I think poster wanted to say "revert stealth to fixed duration, like before". Maybe I misunderstood the wording, but I figured the intention... ;)
"Make the duration of baseline stealth permanent or" is the quote... I mean... so just remove quickstealth and revert the changes to normal stealth?! Thats the info you get from the quote? respect! :D
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Sulorie

Post#28 » Mon May 02, 2022 6:20 pm

fangour77 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:50 pm dmg not breaking stealth needs a fix asap
To break stealth simply hit them, while they are semi-visible.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Morradin

Post#29 » Tue May 03, 2022 2:40 am

fangour77 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:50 pm dmg not breaking stealth needs a fix asap
Damage does break stealth. Especially magical aoe damage. Also stealth can be broken by running into a blade of grass. Personally I feel they should revert back to stealth really meaning stealth. It shouldn't break at all.

Grock

Post#30 » Tue May 03, 2022 5:08 am

Damage not breaking stealth was intentional change from years ago to enable Stealth to be played around large scale fights with tons of AoE going around

Back in like 2016 you were able to kick them out just by spamming aoe attacks and it was pretty bad for stealth classes imo
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)