Recent Topics

Ads

Low numbers quing for city.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kpi

Re: Low numbers quing for city.

Post#21 » Mon May 16, 2022 7:32 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:02 pm 1) Nobody actually likes city. They like the rewards from city. They like stomping the opposition in city so they feel good about themselves. But nobody actually likes it as a game mode. It is boring, unimaginative and basically the mechanics are the same as putting two warbands in a box for three rounds.
My favourite part of the games is city siege, and not for rewards. I only hope play one in this year 2022 :(
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
Martok

Post#22 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:18 pm

tazdingo wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:34 amwhats with all the constant bad faith, some ppl just don't like city. standing around in reik/maw is dull...

My suggestion would eliminate the requirement to go to the city gates in order to que. Place an NPC or a portal thingy or a swirly icon near the Flight Master in each capital city where players can que, and eliminate all the running around trying to get to the appropriate gate.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

BluIzLucky

Post#23 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:13 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:02 pm 1) Nobody actually likes city. They like the rewards from city.
Nobody likes one sided stomps, of course winning side is happy to get a lot of crests, but the best cities are the ones were both sides get plenty of kills and there's back and forths, sweaty city is awesome. Just stop pugging :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

havartii

Post#24 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:25 pm

Yesterdays poor city turn out was a direct result of Order zerg most of the late day.. Then all top players log one side. What do you expect is going to happen ?? The game has a very limited population right now and if you really cared you would que for the underdog side. What I propose is a window that shows how many que on each side ( like a fort) then maybe people will see for themselves what side needs help. This is not a dev problem, this is players fault.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Omegus

Post#25 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:31 pm

Considering the current bug where the kings can't be killed, and a draw in stage 3 is a win for the defenders, it's no surprise that people are stacking on the defender's side. As destro seem to have more success taking forts at the moment (for whatever reason), that will put them at a big disadvantage when it comes to cities: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/20044

Personally, having done cities to death in the first half of 2020 when they were new, were the "end game" and couldn't leave home due to lockdown, I am very tired of them. A lot of people (not all, but a lot) in my guild no longer have any interest in doing cities either, regardless of how the rewards go up and down either. For a fairly recent EU city - which happened to fall on a guild warband night - we decided to do RVR in Praag instead.

Even if the bugs were fixed, cities are no longer end game and not particularly fresh anymore. Personally no amount of war crests (well okay, I'm sure there's some threshold that would tempt me...) will entice me to sit through either stomping the enemy (honestly not fun anymore after 2 years...) or getting stomped.

Finally, the strats for cities are pretty much optimised these days and it often feels flow-charty. You know the most important fight on stage 1 is the middle BO. The warlord routes on stage 2 are known and cannot be influenced, and the warlords don't do anything interesting anyway. Other NPCs just serve as an annoying speed bump to be dismounted. Cannons guarding the BOs don't do anything useful, and unless something changed the defenders are actively discouraged from using them as it allows the attackers to come in with morales built up.

I'm hoping when the sieges are added to KaK and K8P that they come with brand new mechanics and are not a mirror of Altdorf/IC.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Garamore

Post#26 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:25 pm

Martok wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:18 pm
tazdingo wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:34 amwhats with all the constant bad faith, some ppl just don't like city. standing around in reik/maw is dull...

Place an NPC or a portal thingy or a swirly icon near the Flight Master in each capital city where players can que, and eliminate all the running around trying to get to the appropriate gate.
This. If I had an order char I’d always defend so I didn’t have to run. Right now your realm is penalised for winning the campaign.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Strakar

Post#27 » Tue May 17, 2022 2:08 am

I think it’s a game mode worth saving but needs some variety added in.

1. Put crest rewards back some where between this patch and last.
2. Need sov weapons and maybe some non power creep perks like appearance items or another way to get the weekly event item to attract the 80+ crowd. Only problem is I don't know how to tie to city without new currency or putting it in bags which all classes don't have equal access to.
3. I cringed at adding 3x to the weekly rvr but I think one city is doable for most players, if they switch to every 2 days. Change the other to 5x or even 7x participation instead of winning keeps/forts so everyone isn't blobbing to zerg for zone wins.
4. Vary the objectives in each instance, different BOs opening up in stage 1, patrol patterns of the lords change in stage 2, etc. You pretty much know who is going to win by the first battle at the center in stage 1, introduce some new strategies to give the underdog a chance.

Valarion

Post#28 » Tue May 17, 2022 2:42 am

There is definitely a city pop issue. Im about 2 for 15 successfully queueing for city on the order side and 3/3 from the destro side. If I had to guess, there are very low numbers of destro queueing.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
Shogun4138

Post#29 » Tue May 17, 2022 4:58 am

I stopped trying to get in cities a year ago. Rewards are lack luster. Mechanics at this point are tedious to say the least. Now with it on a timer I can just either log off or go to another zone for fun.

Put cities back on push (with good rewards) and lotd with a mechanic that we the player base can push to open.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

billyk

Post#30 » Tue May 17, 2022 5:05 am

Detangler wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:40 pm What I really want to know is why Order is suddenly massively dominating cities. what happened to the years of destro dominance winning cities 60-80% of the time? what game mechanics were buffed/nerfed so that one side is now winning city instances 8-1?
nb ban
pug vs premade reworked