PVE Mercenary System (FF14 is #1 for a reason)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Community Management

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
eldriyth
Posts: 32

PVE Mercenary System (FF14 is #1 for a reason)

Post#1 » Fri May 20, 2022 3:31 pm

There is a growing decline and hate for pve on the server. And if you want to do it you're forced to find friends and that could take a long time as people lose interest quickly. Throughout the game is a lot of pve content that is a wasteland because nobody does it. This is why a Final Fantasy 14 like system (Top mmorpg in the world) would be great on here to people who just want to play and get some public quests or dungeons done without the hassle of relying on other humans. With that said I suggest the following to be added immediately:

A system where you can hire a mercenary to help you out in pve content. Each merc would cost some coin and they would last 24 hours game time. You can only have two total at any time. Giving you a self party of three.

The mercenary vendor would have each class and faction available with various tiers so it makes it fun and fitting to your class fantasy. The mercenaries would come in the form of an inventory item that you could just click. Examples: If you're a Chosen you could hire a Shaman and Witch Elf to help you. Or if you played a Zealot you could hire a Black Orc and Sorcerer. Whatever you want really.

Mercenaries would despawn during any PVP situation. You could never use them against other players. Once out of pvp you can resummon them.

I feel this would save Public Pve Quests and Dungeons, and bring back a good deal of players that just want to enjoy the game on their own time.

Ads
User avatar
Haojin
Posts: 986

Re: PVE Mercenary System (FF14 is #1 for a reason)

Post#2 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:45 pm

what happened to good old "looking for real people" ?
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Hysteri4
Posts: 15

Re: PVE Mercenary System (FF14 is #1 for a reason)

Post#3 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:04 pm

This is genius. I genuinely can't tell if it's real or a troll thread. The absolute absurdity of the suggestion coupled with that earnest delivery.

Implementing an entirely new companion NPC system when we can't even get the pets to act normal is a marvelous idea. Especially when the target audience for this change will be people who want to run around alone in pve...so pretty much the opposite of the people RoR is designed for. Not to mention that this kind of population increase would have zero benefits for the current player base.

eldriyth
Posts: 32

Re: PVE Mercenary System (FF14 is #1 for a reason)

Post#4 » Sat May 21, 2022 12:13 am

Hysteri4 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:04 pm
This is genius. I genuinely can't tell if it's real or a troll thread. The absolute absurdity of the suggestion coupled with that earnest delivery.

Implementing an entirely new companion NPC system when we can't even get the pets to act normal is a marvelous idea. Especially when the target audience for this change will be people who want to run around alone in pve...so pretty much the opposite of the people RoR is designed for. Not to mention that this kind of population increase would have zero benefits for the current player base.
I can see your point of why you think I'm trolling. This is a request to make the forgotten pve game a little more convenient. Does it effect pvp? No. But why should the game only be about pvp aside from the Warhammer brand? The more options you have for content the better your game is. And if the server was 2000-3000 people on off hours it wouldn't need it as you could find a group easy. However, that's not the reality we live in right now and finding a group for pve is a painful experience. Also, not everybody enjoys grouping with other players all the time either. So even a shitty AI group of mercenaries would be better than nothing or having to roll a solo class that can only do so much.

User avatar
tvbrowntown
Posts: 155

Re: PVE Mercenary System (FF14 is #1 for a reason)

Post#5 » Sat May 21, 2022 4:17 am

Personally, I like the idea - but at the same time this game needs more attention to its immediate problems first.

dekadd
Posts: 9

Re: PVE Mercenary System (FF14 is #1 for a reason)

Post#6 » Tue May 24, 2022 9:24 am

MANY hours of dev for make some alone players doing pve content on a pvp game.

Better solution: Vendor with dunjon pve gear. No one really want to do pve but lot are "forced.

User avatar
zzzRevanzzz
Posts: 26

Re: PVE Mercenary System (FF14 is #1 for a reason)

Post#7 » Tue May 24, 2022 4:55 pm

FF 14 is a disgusting game. Annoying weeb world, grey PS-2 graphics, ugly characters and classes, extremely boring campaign.
But millions of flies can't be wrong :mrgreen:
Image

User avatar
agemennon675
Posts: 425

Re: PVE Mercenary System (FF14 is #1 for a reason)

Post#8 » Tue May 24, 2022 5:02 pm

How about a simple dungeon finder to make dungeons more accessible ? + A crossfaction dungeon finder to reduce time wasted on trying to find others to do funbad/city dungeons with low population etc. ? Whats wrong with that ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
eldriyth
Posts: 32

Re: PVE Mercenary System (FF14 is #1 for a reason)

Post#9 » Tue May 24, 2022 5:04 pm

zzzRevanzzz wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:55 pm
FF 14 is a disgusting game. Annoying weeb world, grey PS-2 graphics, ugly characters and classes, extremely boring campaign.
But millions of flies can't be wrong :mrgreen:
It is still the #1 mmorpg in the world with over 60 million active MAUs. Regardless if you think it's weeb world or hello kitty island your point and opinion is invalid.

User avatar
zzzRevanzzz
Posts: 26

Re: PVE Mercenary System (FF14 is #1 for a reason)

Post#10 » Tue May 24, 2022 5:06 pm

eldriyth wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 5:04 pm
zzzRevanzzz wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:55 pm
FF 14 is a disgusting game. Annoying weeb world, grey PS-2 graphics, ugly characters and classes, extremely boring campaign.
But millions of flies can't be wrong :mrgreen:
It is still the #1 mmorpg in the world with over 60 million active MAUs. Regardless if you think it's weeb world or hello kitty island your point and opinion is invalid.
Nah its still ****. And i said about your millions before. Flies loves poo-poo.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests