Recent Topics

Ads

GCD and AP proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
normanis

Re: GCD and AP proposal

Post#11 » Sat May 21, 2022 8:34 am

increase ap tick by few points more when gcd trigers.
for example if current ap regen is 25 increase it to 30. and test is it better or no changes
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
wewso11

Post#12 » Sat May 21, 2022 9:16 am

I don't know if someone suggested this before but a way to tackle AP regen is to track the time between casts and let the time left carry over after each cast.
Think of it like a bucket of water fulling up after each cast. This way you will get a tick every 5-6 casts.
Even better, you can also add a small constant to the "bucket" each spell cast so that AP ticks are more consistent. That is if we want more AP of course.
Sparklz Image Vishnu Image
Errorbeauty Image Lyzolda Image

dalen
Developer

Post#13 » Sat May 21, 2022 9:31 am

wewso11 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:16 am I don't know if someone suggested this before but a way to tackle AP regen is to track the time between casts and let the time left carry over after each cast.
Think of it like a bucket of water fulling up after each cast. This way you will get a tick every 5-6 casts.
That's exactly how AP regen already works and has always worked on RoR.

With support for a queued ability though it is much easier to cast abilities in sequence with zero downtime between them.
Source Developer

yuaa2

Post#14 » Sat May 21, 2022 9:56 am

dalen wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:31 am
wewso11 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:16 am I don't know if someone suggested this before but a way to tackle AP regen is to track the time between casts and let the time left carry over after each cast.
That's exactly how AP regen already works and has always worked on RoR.

With support for a queued ability though it is much easier to cast abilities in sequence with zero downtime between them.
Why you increase GCD? answer plz.

Haojin

Post#15 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:04 am

the only proper proposal would be reverting the change and acting as if nothing happened.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

nailinthehead

Post#16 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:54 am

Current GCD is ok for me, combat feels less chaotic now and latency doesn't have that much of an impact on the fight. But the current state of AP regen is a total disaster. With all those AP drains around, as a mdps, for most of the time you just run around like a headless chicken not able to use any ability... Really, AP was fine as it was before the patch.

Scottx125

Post#17 » Sat May 21, 2022 12:11 pm

The only thing that I dislike about the new changes is the AP regen, I know they had to revert it but with the GCD I'm always tapped for AP. As a healer who uses RF.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Minisynn

Post#18 » Sat May 21, 2022 1:43 pm

We had a 30 minute wb v wb fight last night against Evil's crew and with every party running 2-3 AP pumps we were all completely out of juice for 90% of the fight. Wtf is the point of having an expansive kit if you can't use any of it reactively because you're just permanently out of resources unless you're literally sitting there with your finger up your arse doing nothing except waiting for AP regen ticks.

Please fix this disaster asap Dalen because of all the shite over the years, this is the first change that has given me 0 desire to keep playing this game
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Ads
siglade

Post#19 » Sat May 21, 2022 2:03 pm

Minisynn wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:43 pm We had a 30 minute wb v wb fight last night against Evil's crew and with every party running 2-3 AP pumps we were all completely out of juice for 90% of the fight. Wtf is the point of having an expansive kit if you can't use any of it reactively because you're just permanently out of resources unless you're literally sitting there with your finger up your arse doing nothing except waiting for AP regen ticks.

Please fix this disaster asap Dalen because of all the shite over the years, this is the first change that has given me 0 desire to keep playing this game
It's not a change, the change they tried to push was not working so right now we just have to wait for a fix..
bachata, excommunicate abuser

Minisynn

Post#20 » Sat May 21, 2022 2:11 pm

siglade wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:03 pm
Minisynn wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:43 pm We had a 30 minute wb v wb fight last night against Evil's crew and with every party running 2-3 AP pumps we were all completely out of juice for 90% of the fight. Wtf is the point of having an expansive kit if you can't use any of it reactively because you're just permanently out of resources unless you're literally sitting there with your finger up your arse doing nothing except waiting for AP regen ticks.

It's not a change, the change they tried to push was not working so right now we just have to wait for a fix..
Dalen has been actively posting in our discord about the changes this week and has given 0 indication of a time frame or whether he's even planning on working on a solution for the current AP famine.

And for the record, this was an inevitable outcome of the GCD change because AP regen ticks are static starting 1 second after your GCD ends, so they were knocked back by default - plus the ability queue means that no backlogged AP ticks come through after x casts due to consistency of chain casting now - plus lower APM due to longer globals and AP starvation from healers means a net loss in AP pumping for your entire party because healer uptime has lowered, and less casts = less direct heal crits = less AP pump. It was an obvious outcome of a change like this so either it was intentional or insanely short sighted

The only optimism I have about this getting sorted in any reasonable timeframe is that Gravord wants the AP starvation fixed too, so it might actually happen lol
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube