Recent Topics

Ads

empty keep, empty fort.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Detangler

Re: empty keep, empty fort.

Post#11 » Wed May 25, 2022 10:48 pm

1. remove keeps attacked/defended from weekly.

2. double number of kills required for weekly.

3. AAO gives you a % more credits per kill. 1 kill at 40% AAO gives you 1.4 credits for a kill.

Zerging empty keeps gives you no progress. joining the zerging side thats on a roll gives you no progress. joining the underdog side gives you more targets and more rewards.

Can this be done? Don't know, but it sure seems like it will prevent player behavior that currently infests orvr.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Martok

Post#12 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:14 pm

tvbrowntown wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:01 amwhat's everyone's obsession with winning and losing sieges as a reward? systems should promote gameplay not the outcome of the gameplay.

Well said.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Rubius
Developer

Post#13 » Thu May 26, 2022 3:31 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:01 am what's everyone's obsession with winning and losing sieges as a reward? systems should promote gameplay not the outcome of the gameplay.
I agree with the sentiment, but the reality is that we often make decisions that might lessen our own gameplay experience for the sake of our faction winning.

If I play a tank, and die repeatedly holding the line in a keep door or funnel, I'm not guaranteed much renown by this action alone, despite how useful it may be. I'm not getting any death blows, and my Killboard score is probably plummeting.

But tanks holding doors and funnels is crucial to winning defenses, and so sacrificing gameplay we may find fun is the right call for the realm here.

The reason people fight so hard to win is because the payout disparity between winning and losing is massive, and that gap has only widened over the last two years.

Personally, I also enjoy just fighting, win or lose, but I think the above is what drives the action for a lot of players.