Recent Topics

Ads

Looking for ideas

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
needforsneed

Re: Looking for ideas

Post#31 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:56 pm

new Blackguard class mechanic
Guys, come on: When dropping below 30% you automatically use the highest level health potion in your inventory.

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#32 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:58 pm

SwordMaster - Gusting Wind becomes Cyclonic Vortex

AOE punt -> AOE Pull. Same range. Can re-purpose a tactic (e.g. Bend the Winds) to switch the ability if want to keep the original one around.

Martok

Post#33 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:04 am

Emissary wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:10 pm2 hander tanks get the bonus of focused offense without the negatives ... No tactic slot needed

That could be a good gear ability addition.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Grious

Post#34 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:07 am

Emissary wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:10 pm 2 hander tanks get the bonus of focused offense without the negatives ... No tactic slot needed
Yeah If you remove the ability to guard with a two handed weapon

Emissary
Community Management

Post#35 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:17 am

Grious wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:07 am
Emissary wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:10 pm 2 hander tanks get the bonus of focused offense without the negatives ... No tactic slot needed
What if guard was only half as effective?
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Grious

Post#36 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:52 am

Emissary wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:17 am
Grious wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:07 am
What if guard was only half as effective?
I would be okay with that -if- they dont stack.

Morradin

Post#37 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:07 am

Here's an idea ...
Add in Crit talismans like we had on live. Everything is already there in the game. :)

Lore friendly ideas
WE/WH grp healing; AoE finishers heal for 100% of dam caused everyone in group. Lore friendly because WE's deal with potions and WH's are basic clerics.
The WE is already group/wb friendly, just need to find reasons to include WH's into grps/wb's

Martok

Post#38 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:50 am

Emissary wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:17 amWhat if guard was only half as effective?

That has been tried already. It didn't work out well.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
regularspecial

Post#39 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:43 am

completing a plan/stance dance on a BO/SM should add a stacking short duration dmg boost

the player should be awarded with more dmg from cleverly using change plan/change stance to rapidly complete combos

this should be a mechanic on top of the plan/stance system instead of coming from a tactic

Grious

Post#40 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:30 am

regularspecial wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:43 am completing a plan/stance dance on a BO/SM should add a stacking short duration dmg boost

the player should be awarded with more dmg from cleverly using change plan/change stance to rapidly complete combos

this should be a mechanic on top of the plan/stance system instead of coming from a tactic
I could see tying this to the Blade Buffs that BO/SM use so they have multiple options. Stat Sealing Buff gives small Damage Boost. Wounds Boosting one grants small HoT. Resist Boosting one gives toughness? I dunno what buffs they should be but I feel like just having it be a damage boost on a tank seems a bit strange.