Recent Topics

Ads

Melee Cleave Range is unfair.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
clevend

Melee Cleave Range is unfair.

Post#1 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:32 pm

Been playing the game for 2 years now. One thing that still stands out to me is the range of melee AOE attacks. They're too long. I don't think any melee class should have attacks longer than 10-15 ft, say for special attacks like leaping, pulls, throws, guns. Specifically, choppa and slayer "25ft" range seems to be more like 45 ft. I think a change like this would shift mechanics away from the meta melee blob ,which is all that's ever needed in any situation. Even with latency arguments, I don't think anyone can be taken seriously, saying that you really need more classes than WL/Mara-Choppa/Slayer in any comp situation currently. That's really all anyone ever needs for dps, and that's because of how easy it is to cover distance with rangey melee attacks.

Ads
wachlarz

Re: Melee Cleave Range is unfair.

Post#2 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:39 pm

dont blob. Solved

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:43 pm

Usually when someone has a brand new forum account and they're talking like they know what's been going on for years, it's just a repost bot. They wait a week and edit in some malicious or spam link so it gets indexed by search engines for SEO relevance. The actual content of the post doesn't matter most of the time.

www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&p=510081
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

oaliaen

Post#4 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:20 pm

Check Mate hahaha

Panzer80

Post#5 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:13 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:43 pm Usually when someone has a brand new forum account and they're talking like they know what's been going on for years, it's just a repost bot. They wait a week and edit in some malicious or spam link so it gets indexed by search engines for SEO relevance. The actual content of the post doesn't matter most of the time.

Oh dear, lol. Why don't you try addressing the premise on my original post. I'm curios.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:32 am

Panzer80 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:13 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:43 pm Usually when someone has a brand new forum account and they're talking like they know what's been going on for years, it's just a repost bot. They wait a week and edit in some malicious or spam link so it gets indexed by search engines for SEO relevance. The actual content of the post doesn't matter most of the time.

Oh dear, lol. Why don't you try addressing the premise on my original post. I'm curios.
I don't personally think it's worth addressing, or I would have. Lots of stuff gets posted on the forums. Not a lot of devs around responding to them lately.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

chovudal

Post#7 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:06 am

Weird answer.
And topic opener is so damn right, especially with having double escapes for melee.
Many Range Classes have just 65 feet range w/o any ecapes...
Yours sincerely Geheimrat Chovu

Eng 85+ | SL 84+ | SM 84+ | WL 83+ | IB 82+ | WP 80+
(Eng RR100 on live - Carroburg/ Karak Norn -)

Sulorie

Post#8 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:39 pm

chovudal wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:06 am
And topic opener is so damn right, especially with having double escapes for melee.
Hmm, afaik all have escape tools and not all skills are limited to 65ft.
Dying is no option.

Ads
chovudal

Post#9 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:26 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:39 pm
chovudal wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:06 am
Hmm, afaik all have escape tools and not all skills are limited to 65ft.
Right. But e.g. Engi/magus has None...sw has one jumpback 30 ft, its a joke, melees have 30-40ft range, choppa pulls much more than 65ft. As tink engi with flame u have just 39ft range for gren skills u wont use ws based skills. So running is no option tbh.
Yours sincerely Geheimrat Chovu

Eng 85+ | SL 84+ | SM 84+ | WL 83+ | IB 82+ | WP 80+
(Eng RR100 on live - Carroburg/ Karak Norn -)

space44

Post#10 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:16 pm

when a bot sparks something.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.