Recent Topics

Ads

[Open RVR] WA only starts to kick in if a minimum of Players in Zone to

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
b00n

[Open RVR] WA only starts to kick in if a minimum of Players in Zone to

Post#1 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:33 am

Hi,

What do i want to address?
Give more incentives to move to other zones

Background:
Currently Praag has 160% AAO for one Side;
Population is 157 Players and there are two actives zones - the Second Zone is empty...
If you want to fill the second Zone you get Wartorn Aparthy

What can be done?
New Minimum for "War Torn Aparthy" :
  • A minimum of x players of your faction in the zone
i suggest 12 - 2 partys

Regards
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Ads
lumpi33

Re: [Open RVR] WA only starts to kick in if a minimum of Players in Zone to

Post#2 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:29 am

So you want more incentives for people to avoid each other? What's the point of having destro in one zone and order in the other?

There should be incentive to fight each other, not avoid each other.

It's obviously very hard to get kills when the enemy has twice the numbers. This is where changes could be made, allowing the underdog to get some kills instead of just getting stomped.

One idea would be to add something like a warcry to the lords that gives some kind of boosts for a short amount of time when being outnumbered. To help with holding keeps when you are heavily outnumbered. Same with BOs. Add NPCs and add that warcry so that the underdog can go there and have some kind of advantages when facing enemies there. That ticking aoe dot at the lord that one fort has would also help. Add it to keep lords when being outnumbered and the underdog would have a higher chance to get some kills there. Currently the underdogs gets almost no kills when being greatly outnumbered in a keep. No matter where they trying to hold. Therefore they don't hold at all, don't go there or leave when the second door is open.

Another idea would be to block the postern doors when the aao is high. That would also give the defenders a much higher chance to hold.

Id love to have a damage/heal/wounds buff when playing underdog but I think it would make roaming premades far too strong. Their dps would start erasing things and they wouldn't die either. I think it only makes sense near keeps and bos because these are very very hard to hold when being outnumbered. Some kind of boost wouldn't hurt there.
Last edited by lumpi33 on Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

b00n

Post#3 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:36 am

lumpi33 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:29 am So you want more incentives for people to avoid each other? What's the point of having destro in one zone and order in the other?
It's not all about Zerg vs Zerg fights. I want to have a healthy landscape where a fair fight can occur everywhere not just one big blob rolls over the map.

And i'm addressing here numbers of ~12 Players those missing can't hurt the Zerg.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+

b00n

Post#4 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:37 am

lumpi33 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:29 am One idea would be to add something like a warcry to the lords that gives some kind of boosts for a short amount of time when being outnumbered. To help with holding keeps when you are heavily outnumbered. Same with BOs. Add NPCs and add that warcry so that the underdog can go there and have some kind of advantages when facing enemies there. That ticking aoe dot at the lord that one fort has would also help. Add it to keep lords when being outnumbered and the underdog would have a higher chance to get some kills there. Currently the underdogs gets almost no kills when being greatly outnumbered in a keep. No matter where they trying to hold. Therefore they don't hold at all, don't go there or leave when the second door is open.

Id love to have a damage/heal/wounds buff when playing underdog but I think it would make roaming premades far too strong. Their dps would start erasing things and they wouldn't die either. I think it only makes sense near keeps and bos because these are very very hard to hold when being outnumbered. Some kind of boost wouldn't hurt there.
Feel free to make your own suggestion with this :)

lumpi33

Post#5 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:45 am

b00n wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:37 am Feel free to make your own suggestion with this :)
Im using your thread for that ;) :lol:

Cyrylius

Post#6 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:01 am

@b00n it's not a bad idea, but I don't think it's necessary. After all, you're not getting almost any RR/influence in a zone with this small event population, so % based penalty shouldn't matter this much.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Akalukz

Post#7 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:22 pm

I tend to agree, when less that warbands I don't think malus should be in play, only AAO. Why penaalize the "bigger group" in the off zone that broke away for the "main zerg" in another zone.
-= Agony =-

b00n

Post#8 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:12 am

i want to give this suggestion another up. Since times have changed and the playerbase really tends more to just PvDoor...

Ads
Ruin

Post#9 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:15 am

Cyrylius wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:01 am @b00n it's not a bad idea, but I don't think it's necessary. After all, you're not getting almost any RR/influence in a zone with this small event population, so % based penalty shouldn't matter this much.
I think you are mistaken, you get crest for zone locks and bags and that is what Zerg is after. A chance for getting around 20-60 crest is the motivation for the zerg.
Maybe increase the rewards when you take zone with AAO or equal numbers and reduce it to 0 when there are not sufficient defenders?

Akalukz

Post#10 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:44 pm

Ruin wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:15 am
Cyrylius wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:01 am @b00n it's not a bad idea, but I don't think it's necessary. After all, you're not getting almost any RR/influence in a zone with this small event population, so % based penalty shouldn't matter this much.
I think you are mistaken, you get crest for zone locks and bags and that is what Zerg is after. A chance for getting around 20-60 crest is the motivation for the zerg.
Maybe increase the rewards when you take zone with AAO or equal numbers and reduce it to 0 when there are not sufficient defenders?
If you tie it to defenders, you will just see the other side not defend/leave. Maybe figure out a way to increase renown/rewards when fighting in the off zone. Compare the 2 active zones, one with least amount of players overall gets a bonus. And do something about forts. the other night was 66 v 4 that is a game issue, not a player base issue.
-= Agony =-