Recent Topics

Ads

WH and WE steath 30 seconds again

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
vanbuinen77

Re: WH and WE steath 30 seconds again

Post#71 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:36 pm

I dont see it getting fixed.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Ads
Morradin

Post#72 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:08 am

Dabbart wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:45 pm
Spoiler:
Morradin wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:40 am So, everyone want to nerf WE/WH.
Question? What are the other classes going to lose?
Can we finally get rid of over the top regen?
Can we finally have tanks that do not do damage as an mdps?
Can we finally nerf the OP never fail pull from mara?
Can mdps SQH finally take damage?
CAN WE NERF GTDC so it does not pull down from heights through walls and floors?????????????????

Or do we just want WE and WH to be easy kills again so we can feel superior?
Rofl. So in your opinion, nothing should be changed or balanced unless every single class is changed/balanced at the exact same time? No room for progress at all. Lol.

Also, a bunch of your list is Bugs, solo pug issues, or **** you made up after reading the forums for the what, 16months you've been on this server? Lol.

Yep that's a fantastic argument to attempt to balance the game from... either fix everything all at once or your just a loser trying to get easy kills.

Wh/WE are overtuned. They have been given a **** load of utility on this server. Changing stealth back to a timed ability or even allowing aome way to reliably break stealth wouldn't break the classes. They worked just fine for years and years getting plenty of kills both solo and grouped. Perma stealth is like magus/engi attack range. It was never intended to be a thing in Warhammer Online. Just cause RoR gave it to you, doesn't mean you need it, and it certainly doesn't make it balanced...

Try to be just a little bit realistic about your class, and at least try to limit your whataboutism.
Just going to use ONE of your arguments to debunk all. ONE of your arguments to show how all those arguing to nerf WH/WE are actually just serving their own self interest.

Stealth at the moment can be broken by;
- AoE.
- Auras
- Dots
- GTDC pulls

At the same time, dots, and ranged attacks to axe / knife throws can stop stealth from ever taking hold AND puts ability on cooldown.
ANY and all types of damage and CC, will break stealth, or stop a WE/WH from getting stealthed.

And ALL of that has happened to me in just the last 24 hrs I played as a WH over the weekend. So, either you are clueless and want easy kills against stealthers, or just don't want to deal with stealthers, or I only am bugged.

You choose.

YES, WE/WH are tough customers right now. But I have no problem dealing with them. So why do you?

Detangler

Post#73 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:40 am

Morradin wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:08 am
Spoiler:
CAN WE NERF GTDC so it does not pull down from heights through walls and floors?????????????????

Rofl. So in your opinion, nothing should be changed or balanced unless every single class is changed/balanced at the exact same time? No room for progress at all. Lol.

Also, a bunch of your list is Bugs, solo pug issues, or **** you made up after reading the forums for the what, 16months you've been on this server? Lol.

Yep that's a fantastic argument to attempt to balance the game from... either fix everything all at once or your just a loser trying to get easy kills.

Wh/WE are overtuned. They have been given a **** load of utility on this server. Changing stealth back to a timed ability or even allowing aome way to reliably break stealth wouldn't break the classes. They worked just fine for years and years getting plenty of kills both solo and grouped. Perma stealth is like magus/engi attack range. It was never intended to be a thing in Warhammer Online. Just cause RoR gave it to you, doesn't mean you need it, and it certainly doesn't make it balanced...

Try to be just a little bit realistic about your class, and at least try to limit your whataboutism.
Just going to use ONE of your arguments to debunk all. ONE of your arguments to show how all those arguing to nerf WH/WE are actually just serving their own self interest.

- AoE.
- Auras
- Dots
- GTDC pulls

At the same time, dots, and ranged attacks to axe / knife throws can stop stealth from ever taking hold AND puts ability on cooldown.
ANY and all types of damage and CC, will break stealth, or stop a WE/WH from getting stealthed.

And ALL of that has happened to me in just the last 24 hrs I played as a WH over the weekend. So, either you are clueless and want easy kills against stealthers, or just don't want to deal with stealthers, or I only am bugged.

You choose.

YES, WE/WH are tough customers right now. But I have no problem dealing with them. So why do you?
Lol the only true statement there is that damage can stop stealth from taking hold - its a casted ability that can be set back by damage. thats why you see good WH/WE players pop an absorb pot as they try to stealth.

the rest of your statement is just straight up lies and fabrication.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Dabbart

Post#74 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:49 am

Spoiler:
Morradin wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:08 am
Spoiler:

- AoE.
- Auras
- Dots
- GTDC pulls

You choose.

I never said I did. My Chosen eats WHs. And I have the ability to save/use my taunt to break their stealth attempts, and a M1 root to keep them in place. They still manage to escape, all the **** time. Oh, and my DoK detaunts then /emotes them. That doesn't mean the classes aren't overtuned.
Spoiler:
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:41 pm Combat and Careers
General Changes and Fixes

- [19811] The 15% chance for stealth to break on being attacked was broken and not working at all.

This has been changed to a % chance to break on being attacked by an enemy that has spotted you. The chance depends on your initiative level and uses same formula as chance to be crit * 2.
From 2/24/22 patchnotes

Yes. That is how it is supposed to work. You sound like you want no way for stealth to break... I don't get what you are arguing. There needs to be a way to break stealth. A % chance based on your ini, is not reliable. A reliable method OR a timed stealth, that is what I asked for. Hope isn't a plan, and spaming targetless AoE isn't either.

You are going very hard in the paint here. You open with a laundry list of frequent forum topics, solo complaints, and known bugs saying nothing can be done to your class until all of them are fixed. Then you say your class shouldn't be adjusted because it is physically possible to break stealth, occasionally? Not trying to troll. Did you ever play WH on Live or on this server prior to the stealth changes? Because I can't see how anyone could complain about the frequency your stealth gets broken in 2022 RoR. Is it OK with you if there is any method to take you out of stealth or interrupt the ability casting?

Oh, and Btw. Instant stealth is OP as ****.

Edit: Ninja'd by Detangler.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Martok

Post#75 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:00 am

I have been following this thread with interest and my contribution remains I believe the current stealth mechanic should remain as is.

Oh, and Wampage! or something...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Dabbart

Post#76 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:08 am

Right before bed thought;

What if there was a 50 AP cost for stealth, and (maybe) flatten the cost over time to compensate? I think the previous time one could stay stealthed was like 1min20s, I have no idea what the time is with the added AP. But this should shorten incognito to about 1min max before added ap from RR. This way, disengaging mid fight is still possible, but resource management would actually matter, and the forever stealth is heavily lessened.

Probably stupid idea, that is clearly not well thought out. But I couldn't sleep till I typed it. G'night.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#77 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:53 am

there is no forever stealth, wtf stop these lies.

as said before many ppl do not have a problem with we/wh so it is your very own fault if you do. stop crying for nerfs and gitgut.

juzzieb

Post#78 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:55 am

Im interested in a short cd/short duration stealth. Something similar to elixir of shadows. (although, longer than that of course). So it's more of a tactical movement rather than a way you can hide from fights or pick on less numbers than you which is what this game needs to move away from if it really wants to grow.

WE is also the only class I play and as a solo roamer it gets kind of funny how these WH groups will often run from you even 1v2 but are happy to jump you 1v4+ and jump on your corpse lmao.
I can't imagine solo roaming on a class without stealth and having to deal with that ****. I would definitely quit and can see why most solo roamers have already.

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Post#79 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:31 am

juzzieb wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:55 am Im interested in a short cd/short duration stealth. Something similar to elixir of shadows. (although, longer than that of course). So it's more of a tactical movement rather than a way you can hide from fights or pick on less numbers than you which is what this game needs to move away from if it really wants to grow.

WE is also the only class I play and as a solo roamer it gets kind of funny how these WH groups will often run from you even 1v2 but are happy to jump you 1v4+ and jump on your corpse lmao.
I can't imagine solo roaming on a class without stealth and having to deal with that ****. I would definitely quit and can see why most solo roamers have already.

that's true, however it's not because of stealth or WE being so OP, it's because WH group players are really bad players. there are other WH that roast WEs. propably also applies for WE groups.

WE in regen gear have really low initiative so they get uncovered on a regular basis, WH however just run high dps builds which have high initiative and also tend to group up.
the result is that you can't see WH groups, but the so "OP" WEs. dps WEs deal high dmg but die very fast, imo np even when grouped up.
anyway grouping assassins seem to cause alot of frustration, how about a stealth malus which adds up the more stealthers are around?
they did that on the phoenix daoc freeshard to counter assassin zergs.
i feel that for solo assassins stealth should stay untouched, ppl who die from a dedicated solo assassin will also die when stealth is heavily nerfed.

Snowhawk

Post#80 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:31 pm

How long can a WH/WE be in stealth atm?
- With AP Buff
- Without AP Buff
- Can a WH/WE use Potions in stealth?
- how long stealth in stand?
- how long in stealth when moving?