Recent Topics

Ads

Please start changing things

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: Please start changing things

Post#41 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:34 pm

Kpi wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:21 am
The egofarmers are a big problem in SC. If they are in your team, you will probably lost the SC because they will run to hide in respawn as soon the melees engage with then. And if they are against you, they will hide in the respawn and trying to kill you with RDPS from the NPC guard. So they are a big problem in SC, for example.
Are you mad on them because they kill without getting killed in return? Your comments have this vibe.

How they are a problem, when they (as enemy) retreat to spawn and your team can do objectives to win SC?

When they are forced to kite to spawn on your own side, then they are just smart, because your team lacks a front line to protect rdps.
You don't win SC by feeding the opponent at flag with rdps against a pushing melee team.
Accept that your team has lost. :)
Dying is no option.

Ads
lumpi33

Post#42 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:01 pm

Dabbart wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:29 pm
lumpi33 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:03 pm

Beside that what one poster wants doesn't mean it is good for the overall population.

And why doesn't that logic apply to youself? Reread the opening sentence and the last sentence. In your OP.

Plz stop trying to speak on behalf of anyone but yourself, and maybe your guild/friends. I believe, that your arguments and points will be more palletable.
Did you read the opening post at all? It is about "Please start changing things to get some fresh air and shake up things again. Stop holding to status quo." Giving some "examples" of what could be done without much afford.

If you want to hold onto status quo, ok fine, that is your opinion. The general echo from the community however is that people are waiting for new stuff, for balance changes for over a year, complaining about certain abilities or the orvr campain or stomping in event SCs and stuff like that. That's what I picked up and is also my experience.

You can argue why you want to keep everything as is, but accept others people opinion that they would like to have changes from time to time.

Arthem

Post#43 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:37 pm

One hour mail system delay deployed, there you go. Still want more changes?

lumpi33

Post#44 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:44 pm

Arthem wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:37 pm One hour mail system delay deployed, there you go. Still want more changes?
I have no clue why they did that. Seems to be very unnecessary. I wonder how this contributes to the overall game experience.

Dabbart

Post#45 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:58 pm

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
lumpi33 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:01 pm
Dabbart wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:29 pm
lumpi33 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:03 pm

Beside that what one poster wants doesn't mean it is good for the overall population.

And why doesn't that logic apply to youself? Reread the opening sentence and the last sentence. In your OP.

Plz stop trying to speak on behalf of anyone but yourself, and maybe your guild/friends. I believe, that your arguments and points will be more palletable.
Did you read the opening post at all? It is about "Please start changing things to get some fresh air and shake up things again. Stop holding to status quo." Giving some "examples" of what could be done without much afford.

If you want to hold onto status quo, ok fine, that is your opinion. The general echo from the community however is that people are waiting for new stuff, for balance changes for over a year, complaining about certain abilities or the orvr campain or stomping in event SCs and stuff like that. That's what I picked up and is also my experience.

You can argue why you want to keep everything as is, but accept others people opinion that they would like to have changes from time to time.
"I think I can speak for all when I say we are in desperate need of some fresh air and changes.'' "Changes is what we are all waiting for." That was what I was pointing too in your OP.

I never said I wanted to keep things as they are. I said you don't speak for anyone other than yourself, and possibly your guild and friends. That's it.

Feel free to actually follow your own advice(again). Read what I actually wrote in both my previous posts in this thread. I never said I wanted to "keep the status quo".

And yes, I read your OP. Some of your ideas have merit, others don't. That has already been pointed out in this thread. I chose to comment on the basis of your argument, namely, that the entirety or even the majority of the player base wants immediate change, simply to alleviate boredom/stale meta. That is incorrect. I listed a few reasons why in my first post in this thread.
Edit; On 2nd thought... Why the **** am I engaging with an obvious troll/evasion account. Mb, I'm the hypocrite here. I didn't take my own advice of "don't feed trolls". Bah.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Kpi

Post#46 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:09 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:34 pm
Kpi wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:21 am
The egofarmers are a big problem in SC. If they are in your team, you will probably lost the SC because they will run to hide in respawn as soon the melees engage with then. And if they are against you, they will hide in the respawn and trying to kill you with RDPS from the NPC guard. So they are a big problem in SC, for example.
Are you mad on them because they kill without getting killed in return? Your comments have this vibe.

How they are a problem, when they (as enemy) retreat to spawn and your team can do objectives to win SC?

When they are forced to kite to spawn on your own side, then they are just smart, because your team lacks a front line to protect rdps.
You don't win SC by feeding the opponent at flag with rdps against a pushing melee team.
Accept that your team has lost. :)
Mainly i play as a healer, so i'm not focused on kill nothing. And I'm talking about egofarmers premades on both sides :)

There is a big difference between kitty to run away from melee DPS and hide in respawn behind the champions.

EDIT: And it is very funny with a RP play vs egofarmers because if u use clean rune without CD they cant kill nothing :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Vri

Post#47 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:12 pm

Arthem wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:37 pm One hour mail system delay deployed, there you go. Still want more changes?
^

Strakar

Post#48 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:29 am

I'd give the OP a break, even if you don't agree with the proposals I do agree in principle. However the caveat should be the 'right' changes. Stuff like the gcd and now mail have been curious. City timer, weekly quests etc. maybe not the best result but were worth trying.

Would be cool to see another dev webcast to get the road map for the next year. The mail and gcd changes seem to be fixing the infrastructure for other things, but what?

Ads
Arthem

Post#49 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:24 am

lumpi33 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:44 pm
I have no clue why they did that. Seems to be very unnecessary. I wonder how this contributes to the overall game experience.
Very negatively. 2 hours to buy something and send to an alt, or send money for them to buy and wait for gold and AH to arrive. 2 hours minimum before you can play haha. There's no good reason to screw whole server like that, bad for quality of life bad for RvR numbers just give ppl another reason not to play if they have to wait 1 hour for items to play with.

Panzer80

Post#50 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:39 am

Emissary wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:21 am
Don't forget the AOE knockdown, so give WL aoe knockdown and make fetch not pet dependent.
Can't tell if you're serious, but I play both WL and Mara. The classes are different in different ways, and are reasonably fair as they are. While an AOE KD is very useful, and mara pull is superior to WL (YES mara pull is better) WL has capacity for higher burst damage, higher capacity for mobility with pounce, as well as outsourcing damage and CC to a pet <--(the latter only being useful in small game), but it's still a very potent tool in those situations. Mara has a bit more utility, and survivability than WL. Each different, and strong in different ways.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55