Recent Topics

Ads

Please start changing things

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mergrim

Re: Please start changing things

Post#21 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:03 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:26 am I think I can speak for all when I say we are in desperate need of some fresh air and changes.

ORVR:
Increase spawn rate of boxes and add the ability to carry more of them to level and flip zones faster. Add a def tick and bag roll for defenders even when losing to prevent the logging to one side and having boring PvDoor.

SC:
Add a SOLO_RANDOM mode that puts >= 1/6 healer >= 1/6 tank and >= 1/3 dps in groups to have a play mode for people with not much time or new players. No fancy UI needed. Just a SOLO_RANDOM queue with random maps for solo queuers only.

PVE:
Decrease the difficulty of the end game instances a bit. It should be possible to run them with any group comp, as long there is one tank and two healers in it. They are slightly too hard for randoms. With decreasing pop numbers it is so hard to find a 2/2/2 group with a good tank for it.

Careers:
It would be very welcome to change the numbers a bit from time to time. It's not a secret which careers are currently very strong and which are not. I don't wanna turn this in a GTDC / rampage thread again, however, people are complaining because some abilities are too strong. e.g. a z-axis limitation for GTDC pulls and a second range check for maras pulls is long overdue. The power gap between certain careers is too big for no reason (e.g. slayer and engi or SW and sorc, etc). Having fall off damage for melee aoe which is very dominant atm would be also very welcome. No big class overhauls needed. Just a little tweaking.

Again. Please stop holding to the status quo. Changes is what we are all waiting for.

Thank you!

Cheers
ORVR- remove box system
SC- make mixed teams pop same as ranked is.
-Make barrier in every sc. In last 7-8 weekly sc eternal citadel will be first one that not promote RDPS( champions play should never be allowed)
PVE- dont see any reason to decrase it. It's already to easy.
Remove ward system. Fastest way to gear up is do pve...in pvp game. Sad
Careers- remove rampage/gtdc, wh/we instant stealth- balance problem solved.

Remove Vale-Walker ring slot 3 to give ppl more option combine set.

Ads
forsa

Post#22 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:30 pm

Asderas27 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:01 pm If you aren't finishing C/T in 45 mins, you have to be special imho.
If you aren't finishing BBBE in 30 mins, you have to be special imho.

And the issue stands that bbbe takes less time to finish while only tank and spank ( last boss requests to use 3 items omg !!!) , while CnT takes longer and has all the BS mechanics (10%, boss invis , pull different bosses from eachother, dont stand near when x, etc)

With current skip meta it takes roughly the same time (and effort) to finish CnT and BS.

lumpi33

Post#23 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:05 pm

Xergon wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:16 pm
lumpi33 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:26 amCareers:
It would be very welcome to change the numbers a bit from time to time. It's not a secret which careers are currently very strong and which are not. I don't wanna turn this in a GTDC / rampage thread again, however, people are complaining because some abilities are too strong. e.g. a z-axis limitation for GTDC pulls and a second range check for maras pulls is long overdue. The power gap between certain careers is too big for no reason (e.g. slayer and engi or SW and sorc, etc). Having fall off damage for melee aoe which is very dominant atm would be also very welcome. No big class overhauls needed. Just a little tweaking.
Changing numbers just for sake of changing is not smart approach. If you have enough experience and good gameplay understanding, u should know that even just slightly tweaking numbers can create big diff in the whole PvP system balance (ex. GCD change).

Overall, i like a lot yours DATA MINING topics, but i get the feeling that either u getting wrong conclusions out of that data, or u already had ur mind set, so data is irrelevant. Not that u can always trust data completely when u consider making changes.
The thing is, if you keep things as they are then the strong class gonna stay strong forever and the weaker classes weak forever. Is that good? No, it isn't.

Since you cannot balance things in a way that everybody is happy and everything is perfectly balanced you gotta keep changing things from time to time so that the balances shifts again. The less changes you make the more people start rolling the more powerful classes and then you are at the point we are now. Monthly leaderboard: choppa, slayer, slayer, slayer, choppa, choppa (https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com). You GOTTA make balance changes from time to time. It is a must for every MMORPG.

Thank you for the compliment. Yes, it is not easy to make conclusions only on the numbers. You gotta play as well and verify that this is really an issue. In case of SC both the numbers and my experience in there say that they are very one sided most of the time. The numbers say that 2/3 of the time one side steam-rolls the other side with > 3x the kills of the opponents. That's from over 20000 SCs. That cannot be argued away. That's just how it is and I think it is far from optimal.

Another evaluation showed that the hardcore premades in there have insane win rates and kill:death ratios. That is not surprising when you put up premades in BIS gear with veterans and discord against random groups.

I think a SOLO_RANDOM mode would be very good for the game and people would play it a lot. They could try it for a month. If it has a neagtive impact then turn it off again.

All suggestions I made in here were mainly examples of changes that could be made without much afford. It is on you all to come up with better ideas and suggestions.

However, don't hold onto the status quo. Please start changing things.

ravezaar

Post#24 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:54 pm

3 worst things brought into RoR: Killboard, AoE cap increase and New Weekly system
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

lumpi33

Post#25 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:11 pm

ravezaar wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:54 pm 3 worst things brought into RoR: Killboard, AoE cap increase and New Weekly system
What's wrong with the Killboard? I think it was a very good idea to start collecting data and showing them. The public query interface is even better.

I kinda like the new weekly system more than the old. I was always missing 1-2 keep sieges on the old one and couldn't finish it.

About the AOE cap increase, yeah, that didn't went well. But everything can be changed again. In my opinion the best solution for that would be to decrease melee aoe damage with range. It should fall off from source. It would only be fair compared to ranged classes that cannot stack certain abilities at all - which can be annoying when you cast it, do no damage at all and still get the cool down.

Kpi

Post#26 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:15 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:11 pm
ravezaar wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:54 pm 3 worst things brought into RoR: Killboard, AoE cap increase and New Weekly system
What's wrong with the Killboard? I think it was a very good idea to start collecting data and showing them. The public query interface is even better.
The problem are not the killboard... The problem is the Egofarmers, who is ruining the game because they want appear on killboard top 10. If top10 is removed, everyone will be more happy
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

ravezaar

Post#27 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:46 pm

I kinda like the new weekly system more than the old. I was always missing 1-2 keep sieges on the old one and couldn't finish it.

About the AOE cap increase, yeah, that didn't went well. But everything can be changed again. In my opinion the best solution for that would be to decrease melee aoe damage with range. It should fall off from source. It would only be fair compared to ranged classes that cannot stack certain abilities at all - which can be annoying when you cast it, do no damage at all and still get the cool down.
Killboard has e very negative impact on Guilds and Playerbase where all that matters is K/D ratio. Its a epeen stroker and a destructive tool imho. I have more to say but dont want to get banned.

New Weekly as I made a post on that already I after yet another week soon gone has had really bad effect on RvR and the playerbase mentality isnt helping. When everything is made so EZ that no effort is required, no effort will be taken. Nothing will be pushed, nothing will be done and WC-Farm or kill-trading as I see is at a record high, yea we seen it before but now past 3 weeks we see SO much more of it Zerg standing infront of mostly underdogs side WC just farming each other over and over until weekly is done. I hoped new weekly would be positive for "winnerjoining" reducing Xrealming but this effect we see now is worse.

AoE-Cap yea speak for itself
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

lumpi33

Post#28 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:39 pm

Kpi wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:15 pm
The problem are not the killboard... The problem is the Egofarmers, who is ruining the game because they want appear on killboard top 10. If top10 is removed, everyone will be more happy
I wonder if that is really an issue. How many Egofarmers are there? What happens when they have reached the top 10? Will they even care after? Who is even looking at the top 10? It's probably a really small percentage that doesn't have much impact.

Maybe they should change the TOP 10 to "renown gained", not kill/death counts. Then kill trading infront of a warcamp would stop working or at least wouldn't be that effective.

Ads
Emissary
Community Management

Post#29 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:53 pm

Only thing that has caused me to stop playing seriously the last few weeks is the laughing stock we call NA primetime in the lakes. It is always just one sided. Now I try to play SCs for the competition in t2/t3 on destro side and i may get one pop every 45 minutes. These last two weeks for me have been really morale draining, no pun intended. NA side is almost gone and its leaving me with thoughts of is it even worth playing.

I have watched a streamer on order side now play 6 scs and I have gotten zero pops, something has to be done with the way the sc logic works
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

lumpi33

Post#30 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:01 pm

Emissary wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:53 pm Only thing that has caused me to stop playing seriously the last few weeks is the laughing stock we call NA primetime in the lakes. It is always just one sided. Now I try to play SCs for the competition in t2/t3 on destro side and i may get one pop every 45 minutes. These last two weeks for me have been really morale draining, no pun intended. NA side is almost gone and its leaving me with thoughts of is it even worth playing.

I have watched a streamer on order side now play 6 scs and I have gotten zero pops, something has to be done with the way the sc logic works
Try queuing up as team. You gonna get way more pops. Solo queuers got screwed with a patch about 1 year ago. Don't know what they changed back then but you can test it. As soon you are in a team the pops are coming in and as solo queuer you wait and wait. I've tested it. Queued solo and a streamer in a group of the same realm got almost instant pops while I was waiting and waiting. Then I joined a team and boom, there is the pop.

The behavior of the queuing system for premades is also very odd. The SC manager seems to create a new instance whenever a group is queuing and is then filling up with whatever is available. Most of the time it is pugs it uses to fill up because if there is a premade on the other side it does the same thing for them. It basically throws pugs at premades for free stomping.
Last edited by lumpi33 on Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.