Recent Topics

Ads

RvR campaign - forts - citiese: We need a change!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ninjagon

Re: RvR campaign - forts - citiese: We need a change!

Post#21 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:40 am

There will be new weapons one day. And other stuff too.

The campaign needs a change to have purpose / goal / exclusive reward.

RvR campaign proposal (pasted from another my post):

Faction X wins a fort 1 -> pairing 1 locked, then
Faction Y wins a fort 2 -> pairing 2 locked and pairing 1 opens again, then
Faction Y wins a fort 3 (or fort 1) -> unsheduled CITY, then
All 3 pairings will be open again.

LOTD proposal:
Every Battle Objective there should be a lot more difficult to capture. The difficulty should be set around Beastlord bosses level, that you need like average 6 man to be able to capture BO.
Currently, you can see 2 DPS or 1 healer + 1 dps, which are camping BOs super easy. That is poorly designed.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Ads
facundo7777

Post#22 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:27 pm

Kpi wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:40 am City rewards should not be raised. RVR rewards must be lowered and zerg mode must be killed by GMs as soon as possible.

But I totally agree with the post. The campaign needs to be fixed so that the game doesn't die due to boredom of the players.

A good idea for improve the RVR campaign can be only RVR Zone winners roll gold and purple bags (and of course, Defense bag must be removed). So we will see more sieges
You want to stop zerging by removing def bag and awarding gold/ purple winning side only? It will even increase one side zerg problem

Garamore

Post#23 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:45 pm

Kpi wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:40 am A good idea for improve the RVR campaign can be only RVR Zone winners roll gold and purple bags (and of course, Defense bag must be removed). So we will see more sieges
Best idea to turn the game into a one sided, pvdoor, all swap to the winning side and zerg empty keeps game I have ever seen.

Sieges dont occur because once there are over 100 people online attacking rarely works. If there are 3 org groups defending then its almost impossible to push a keep. Yes sometimes it works (mainly when numbers are even but the defenders are not in an org wb) but most time it doesn't and then your side logs off. This is why in primetime unless there is a heavy mismatch its rare that there is a siege and even rarer its successful.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Garamore

Post#24 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:47 pm

Forgot the actual point I wanted to make!

I was a fan of the proposed changes but they havent worked - id flip it back so the campaign and cities were as they were previously.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

inoeth
Suspended

Post#25 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:55 pm

AAO is meant to be a motivation to join the losing side, but i have the feeling it fails.
the question is: why does everybody want to play order now?
is it missing WB leaders?
is it rampage?
is it everybody feels like he was imperator franzm

no it is just easier to win bags on order and to face the truth: most people play for the reward, a new shiny item. 400% AAO rp is just numbers, there is no satisfaction. but we don't want to dump everything, so how can we make people want to win items on destro again?
can we pair it with something that is also discussed for a longer time? let's say new weapons? my idea would be to give the under dog realm the opportunity to earn a speacial weapon which needs alot of "realm progress" and a specific time you have to stay in one realm to gain. so you can not just l log over, do a few raids and have it. therefore many people might log destro to gain it. meanwhile order will lose people and might get the underdog after it was underpopulated for a specific time. as soon as that happens, it will not be possible to get the weapon on destro anymore till destro becomes the under dog again.

it might not be a perfect system but at least it would provide a forced change in realm popularity from time to time. my idea grew as i wrote it down, so there might be some flaws. feel free to think this further.

Scottx125

Post#26 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:38 pm

inoeth wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:55 pm AAO is meant to be a motivation to join the losing side, but i have the feeling it fails.
the question is: why does everybody want to play order now?
is it missing WB leaders?
is it rampage?
is it everybody feels like he was imperator franzm

no it is just easier to win bags on order and to face the truth: most people play for the reward, a new shiny item. 400% AAO rp is just numbers, there is no satisfaction. but we don't want to dump everything, so how can we make people want to win items on destro again?
can we pair it with something that is also discussed for a longer time? let's say new weapons? my idea would be to give the under dog realm the opportunity to earn a speacial weapon which needs alot of "realm progress" and a specific time you have to stay in one realm to gain. so you can not just l log over, do a few raids and have it. therefore many people might log destro to gain it. meanwhile order will lose people and might get the underdog after it was underpopulated for a specific time. as soon as that happens, it will not be possible to get the weapon on destro anymore till destro becomes the under dog again.

it might not be a perfect system but at least it would provide a forced change in realm popularity from time to time. my idea grew as i wrote it down, so there might be some flaws. feel free to think this further.
I feel the same way, I mean I only ever play order. But I honestly wouldn't change over faction because there's 400% AAO reward on that side. Because as I see it. That reward gain is going to be negated by how much you get completely destroyed. Plus I will never play destruction that's just my perference. I've never found a reward like that to be motivating unless it's a ridiculous reward like 200% RR gain, 200% crest rewards etc. But that's too OP. So the only way I see factions being balanced, is locking people out of one faction till the other is filled (I don't like that solution) or, having a dynamic AAO that impacts players in a 200ft radius decreasing their damage and health if they outnumber the enemy so that it effectively always has the same stats at most of being outnumbered 2:1.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.