Recent Topics

Ads

Add barriers in all SCs respawns

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kpi

Add barriers in all SCs respawns

Post#1 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:16 pm

Hi!!

I think can be a good idea add barriers in all SCs respawns, like Battle of Praag or similar. If the barriers are in some SCs, maybe is a good idea add this to all SCs.

This will be do the SCs more playable and will prevent RDPS hiding in the respawn guarded by champions. :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
Mergrim

Re: Add barriers in all SCs respawns

Post#2 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:33 pm

100% agree

I have proposed it several times, unfortunately without much response... NO to champions play.

Sulorie

Post#3 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:07 pm

Why would the superior team need more advantages?
Dying is no option.

kirraha

Post#4 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:08 pm

Yes pls. No going back inside spawn after respawn.

Dabbart

Post#5 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:12 pm

Kiting back to spawn, and players fighting from respawn area because the enemy team is farming them rather than completing the objectives are separate issues. I think each spawn area should be ensured to have some LoS breaks in their vicinity to help with teams that refuse to fight and simply Kite back to their Safe Space. But no, I wouldn't encourage spawn farming by giving more barriers.

The entire reason we have a surrender option is because of teams refusing to play the obj and just farming the enemy at spawn for 15min. It has been an issue forever, and remains an issue.

I think some SCs need a barrier. Battle for Praag springs to mind, where you almost have to pass near the enemy spawn just to complete the objectives. An SC like Gates of Ekrund doesn't. There is no reason for the enemy to stay down there enmass unless they are just farming spawn. And then there's SCs like MKT, which unless you remain in the dead center, you're only ~150ft from someones spawn.

I dislike Champs and the 1hit mechanic. But without alternative, I wouldn't vote for anything that encourages bad gameplay. And farming enemy spawn/WC is not good gameplay. I'd rather see more SCs have their obj tweaked than more spawn barriers. Maybe just change how Champs work. Instead of a 1shot Kill, you get super-duper punted 100ft away, or ported to the nearest Flag you control. Or a stacking debuff is applied the longer you stay w/i 100ft of enemy spawn. Something to discourage wanting to stay there.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Kpi

Post#6 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:24 pm

Dabbart wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:12 pm Kiting back to spawn, and players fighting from respawn area because the enemy team is farming them rather than completing the objectives are separate issues. I think each spawn area should be ensured to have some LoS breaks in their vicinity to help with teams that refuse to fight and simply Kite back to their Safe Space. But no, I wouldn't encourage spawn farming by giving more barriers.

The entire reason we have a surrender option is because of teams refusing to play the obj and just farming the enemy at spawn for 15min. It has been an issue forever, and remains an issue.

I think some SCs need a barrier. Battle for Praag springs to mind, where you almost have to pass near the enemy spawn just to complete the objectives. An SC like Gates of Ekrund doesn't. There is no reason for the enemy to stay down there enmass unless they are just farming spawn. And then there's SCs like MKT, which unless you remain in the dead center, you're only ~150ft from someones spawn.

I dislike Champs and the 1hit mechanic. But without alternative, I wouldn't vote for anything that encourages bad gameplay. And farming enemy spawn/WC is not good gameplay. I'd rather see more SCs have their obj tweaked than more spawn barriers. Maybe just change how Champs work. Instead of a 1shot Kill, you get super-duper punted 100ft away, or ported to the nearest Flag you control. Or a stacking debuff is applied the longer you stay w/i 100ft of enemy spawn. Something to discourage wanting to stay there.
The barriers protect at players and avoid get farmed from far away. The players can avoid get farmed staying safe inside of the base base if the enemy push to the warcamp, and encourage to "siegers" to play objectives.

This barriers works in city at this moment
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Dabbart

Post#7 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:33 pm

Kpi wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:24 pm The barriers protect at players and avoid get farmed from far away. The players can avoid get farmed staying safe inside of the base base if the enemy push to the warcamp, and encourage to "siegers" to play objectives.

So... Just ignoring all my points about people wanting to farm rather than play objectives... Shocking.

How does it encourage siegers to play objectives? They can chase people running all the way to their spawn without any punishment. Why would they not do this? And then sit out there, waiting for someone to leave. Y'know, exactly how it works now minus the occasional Guard kill.

I don't see how barriers helps the losing team. You can already break LoS in every(I think?) spawn area if you want too.

You just want an easier way to farm PUGs before they can surrender out.

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Kpi

Post#8 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:35 pm

Dabbart wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:33 pm
Kpi wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:24 pm The barriers protect at players and avoid get farmed from far away. The players can avoid get farmed staying safe inside of the base base if the enemy push to the warcamp, and encourage to "siegers" to play objectives.

So... Just ignoring all my points about people wanting to farm rather than play objectives... Shocking.

How does it encourage siegers to play objectives? They can chase people running all the way to their spawn without any punishment. Why would they not do this? And then sit out there, waiting for someone to leave. Y'know, exactly how it works now minus the occasional Guard kill.

I don't see how barriers helps the losing team. You can already break LoS in every(I think?) spawn area if you want too.

You just want an easier way to farm PUGs before they can surrender out.
All SCs have at least 2 ways to go out of the WC. You can use the secondary door to go out
Last edited by Kpi on Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
Dabbart

Post#9 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:37 pm

Really? Wheres the 2nd exit in Nord? Or gates of ekrund? Run to the left/right of the spawn instead of straight out?

Again, just flat out ignoring my points. Shocked.

Kpi

Post#10 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:39 pm

Dabbart wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:37 pm Really? Wheres the 2nd exit in Nord? Or gates of ekrund?
Gates of Ekrund map

Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+