Recent Topics

Ads

GCD Ability Que

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
medvtank1

GCD Ability Que

Post#1 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:42 pm

With the new changes in GCD came a change in a feature where within the window of the GCD your ability would fire off if pressed once the GCD is finished. However, the ebb and flow of battle is fast, many time I think I want one ability but I change my mind ( i need a pot or to use detaunt etc).

Please add a feature where we can turn off this que. I would like to use the ability im pressing not the one I pressed 0.5 seconds ago.

Thanks !

Ads
Sulorie

Re: GCD Ability Que

Post#2 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:19 pm

medvtank1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:42 pm With the new changes in GCD came a change in a feature where within the window of the GCD your ability would fire off if pressed once the GCD is finished. However, the ebb and flow of battle is fast, many time I think I want one ability but I change my mind ( i need a pot or to use detaunt etc).

Please add a feature where we can turn off this que. I would like to use the ability im pressing not the one I pressed 0.5 seconds ago.

Thanks !
I agree but queue doesn't need to be turned off, just update the next skill in line, when you press the key before GCD has ended.
Dying is no option.

Minisynn

Post#3 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:13 pm

I've contacted both Dalen and Secrets about this in the past 1.5 months and they're both aware, but no word on whether or not they're going to fix it. It should be #1 priority imo - it's doubly punishing with the new increased GCD because you're locked out from using the ability you actually wanted to cast for even longer

https://imgur.com/sLGCdxI

This is the last I've heard about it
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

cmraz

Post#4 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:43 pm

Honestly, any "instant cast" skill or ability reactionary needs to be straight up instant... For example, Confess! Should be able to cast at the exact same time as say Torment or Seeker's Blade.

With the extra caveat of being reactionary it deserves the extra help of being instant.

Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#5 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:05 pm

It'd be really nice to have an ability to turn it off or have it at a lower time like 300ms

Tyrodan

Post#6 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:39 am

Minisynn wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:13 pm I've contacted both Dalen and Secrets [...]
Wait is Secrets back in the dev team? Last information I had was that he left because he was unhappy how changes were implemented.

Minisynn

Post#7 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:42 pm

Tyrodan wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:39 am
Minisynn wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:13 pm I've contacted both Dalen and Secrets [...]
Wait is Secrets back in the dev team? Last information I had was that he left because he was unhappy how changes were implemented.
No but I let him know anyway since he cyclically joins and quits the team between drama/etc, and it's a really important issue that needs to be fixed so more visibility is always good
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube