Recent Topics

Ads

Balancing scenarios for 50% winrate even with pug vs premade.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sofong

Re: Balancing scenarios for 50% winrate even with pug vs premade.

Post#41 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:18 am

the game need a seperate brackets system like silver, gold, diamond tier, player in low tier should be match with players in low tiers, ppl with high winrate should be match with their equals.
but as the above said, player base not big enough for such a system, and all we can hope for is faster pop and not wasting time fighting same players every sc.

Ads
Maltar

Post#42 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:54 am

Haha, Zulnam that has to be one of the funniest posts I have read in ages. Made me laugh for a good while there. Especially loved the Disco Inferno idea, as someone that played large amounts of Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2, that song is a trip of nostalgia in gaming.

And to Sofong a silver, gold, diamond tier system would probably not have worked out even when the game was in it's heyday, even back when Live was still running the playerbase was quickly too small for such big separation to be feasible, even when ranked was introduced there just wasn't the numbers here either.

Nudging the sc size is the closest one could get to at least giving balance a nudge these days, since many of the other things tried over the years had more detrimental effects in total, waiting for composition balance which breaks down if only one player archtype is missing.

But even if my suggestion should be unfeasible, one aspect could be useful, getting to see average players and archtype composition that has qued within the last 15 minutes(so one full sc duration period) So you can easily see if there is a very obvious imbalance you could que to fill for fast pop, or expect longer wait times on. (like order/destro sc queing imbalance in numbers.)

Ruin

Post#43 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:53 pm

@Maltar i do like your idea regarding the informatons on archetypes in quee, just like its introduced in ranked SC, it would allow Players to chose what toon to log in at a given time to balance the scales, so the sc won't be consisting of to many heals, dps or tanks.