Recent Topics

Ads

LOTD balance anyone?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alfa1986

Re: LOTD balance anyone?

Post#61 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:28 am

Ninjagon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:25 am LOTD - 14-08-2022 summary:

Order kills: 385
Destro kills: 1217

Zone population - we dont know, but Tier 2+:

Order: 41%
Destro: 59%

Conclusion: Destro farmed Order. No matter what Order can or cannot do, this is not balanced and not fun. Xrealm is a huge factor there too.

Solution: For good and competitive play, for good fights and for the fun, there should be equal population balance in the zone.

Discussion on:
strategic miscalculations cannot be corrected by tactical victories.
if you don’t have a normal, interesting scenario for the development of a confrontation, when you just launched some of players into N- zone, then no matter how many there are from different sides there will always be chaos and disorder. in fact, destro simply defeated order within the first 30 minutes, and then the whole game consisted of besiding the warcamp of order and making pew pew for the remaining hour and a half. maybe the problem is not the number of players?
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
Templa

Post#62 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:19 am

Limit group size to 6 people.
Only let in x groups.
Image Image

JohnnyWayne

Post#63 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:17 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:28 am strategic miscalculations cannot be corrected by tactical victories.
if you don’t have a normal, interesting scenario for the development of a confrontation, when you just launched some of players into N- zone, then no matter how many there are from different sides there will always be chaos and disorder. in fact, destro simply defeated order within the first 30 minutes, and then the whole game consisted of besiding the warcamp of order and making pew pew for the remaining hour and a half. maybe the problem is not the number of players?
Even before the event started, pop was scewed strongly towards destro outnumbering order. That is why ever SC should be balanced directly by allowing people in depending on the amount of players queueing. If people leave there should be harsh penalties in place.

Martok

Post#64 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:27 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:33 pmThe best part of RoR is that I don't even need to play the game to get the only actually good content left in the game. The drama, the **** flinging and the Dunning-Kruger lolcows on the forums.

You are truly inspiring. Obviously you are the only person on the planet aware of the meaning and thus able to employ a term such as Dunning-Kruger. I am truly in awe, thank you for gracing us plebs with the presence of someone who no longer even plays the game, for the wisdom and insight of those who have risen above sullying themselves by contact with the RoR Morlocks is truly what this server is lacking.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Minisynn

Post#65 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:41 pm

Martok wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:27 pm
Nefarian78 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:33 pmThe best part of RoR is that I don't even need to play the game to get the only actually good content left in the game. The drama, the **** flinging and the Dunning-Kruger lolcows on the forums.

You are truly inspiring. Obviously you are the only person on the planet aware of the meaning and thus able to employ a term such as Dunning-Kruger. I am truly in awe, thank you for gracing us plebs with the presence of someone who no longer even plays the game, for the wisdom and insight of those who have risen above sullying themselves by contact with the RoR Morlocks is truly what this server is lacking.
Why do you always type like a caricature of a 17th century poet when you're trying to roast someone
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

wonshot

Post#66 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:41 am

Ninjagon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:25 am Zone population - we dont know, but Tier 2+:
Solution: For good and competitive play, for good fights and for the fun, there should be equal population balance in the zone.
So I havnt seen anything in the patchnotes about a change to how many players are allowed into lotd, so we would have to lean on previous rounds where it was close and both sides filled it up. think there was one friday some months back where it came down to a difference of like 70points or less between which realm won. but that was even numbers, and many rounds since i had guildies in queue not getting in.
Heck even in the beginning of lotd launch we had to do more friday orvr extended events for players to get their weekly quota of resources to get in as it was contested and you needed a decent ammount to get in for your realm. then a couple of months ago it seemed like handing in 1 would get you in fairly easily and we stopped focusing on funneling resources to the guildies who didnt have as much playtime.

So if this whole topic was about attendance and numbers on both realms, but the same ammount is allowed to queue on both realms. Maybe this topic is not for everyone to debate, but instead more on order alliances, guilds and groups to figure out why they dont seem to be filling up (some community mangement numbers shreading light on if order actually fills up would be welcome)

I can only speak from personal expriences in lotd, but order rarely seemed to build warbands that could stand on their own. Either it was superstacking on discord, forming a Rolgrom zone-blob, doing the lutz smartblob or guilds going with what they had online without making lotd a priority.
Meanwhile on destro we often had the FMJ spearhead, and many times the 6-18man tryhards would be on destro chasing kills on the outskirts of the battles pulling more manpower from order than destro commited, leading to more map pressure for red.

Forced Entry never seemd to upprioritice the event in the sandbox, and they were probably the biggest order-only guild to face at the time. Leading to remaining order warbands to feel rather underwhelming in 24man fights as it was usually some alliance mixes or zoneblobs.

Best fights I had with <Just Respawn>, was always down at libery BO with destro 24man pulling 1-5 warbands down at times and doing pressure release for destro. One time they came one by one by one by one, and might have been the coolest fight ive had in 2022. By going to outskirts and doing our own thing fighting whatever came, only to coordinate if we went to an other BO in region chat to inform about our movement, not to drag a tail with us, but to make sure not more manpower was waisted going to one location. which i think we were the only ones doing that approach instead of trying to summon more to us.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Martok

Post#67 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:51 am

Minisynn wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:41 pmWhy do you always type like a caricature of a 17th century poet when you're trying to roast someone

I used to teach literature, to include, of course, English Poetry. I have always felt it far more effective to phrase satire in the mold of "would I never trod this English earth or felt the flatteries which grow upon it! Ye have angels’ faces, but heaven knows your hearts" as opposed to simply stating "you suck."

Henry the VIII, by the way, Act Three Scene One.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ninjagon

Post#68 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:14 am

When more content appears in LotD, the rules for the zone has to change anyway. (Or I cant imagine that the dungeons there will be locked for one faction so long, until the next battle.)
This is summer time for EU, less players online. We dont need to reduce LotD population cap. Just keep the same numbers on both sides and if there is more interest - raise the population cap. Easy model, similar to forts, just in equal numbers.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Ads
Lithenir

Post#69 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:17 am

wonshot wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:41 am
Ninjagon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:25 am Zone population - we dont know, but Tier 2+:
So if this whole topic was about attendance and numbers on both realms, but the same ammount is allowed to queue on both realms. Maybe this topic is not for everyone to debate, but instead more on order alliances, guilds and groups to figure out why they dont seem to be filling up (some community mangement numbers shreading light on if order actually fills up would be welcome)
From a small scale guild point of view. It's just not fun.
It's a giant zergfest much like the usual oRvR areas but worse. I have to admit I only tried it like 3 times and that was months ago. I tried wb and 12-man and it was just the same all the time. Even going to the outskirts with the 12-man you end up getting zerged by 2 wbs of destro.
Order seems to lack communication, coordination and leadership pretty badly and it just becomes clearer in an environment like LotD.

So why should I do LotD, if I get the same result and confused order as in oRvR?! And it is much harder to avoid the zerg as in oRvR

Yazeran

Post#70 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:51 pm

Inbalance situation in LOtD is differend against situation in RvR.
Like this Wednesday order fight against stronger destro in BFP and Avelorn.
We had a lot of good fight in Bugmans Brewery because its easy defendable.
We were able split destro into two zone with summoning the ram.
At the end order lock Avelorn even against stronger enemy.
And it was fun.

In last time LOtD we were able beat destro in Library, because its easy defendable.
But in situation 40vs60 inbalance ,when destro blobing near order camp and there was not good defendable place
and we cant even split destro becauce all flags were red and locked
Order hasnt much tactic choices how to fight against stronger enemy.
and that was not fun at all.
Nobody want to be farmed.

So if someone here give order advice like "try to learn how to fight", it realy out of topic.