Recent Topics

Ads

LOTD balance anyone?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Minisynn

Re: LOTD balance anyone?

Post#51 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:34 am

Haojin wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:34 am
Ninjagon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:25 am
Solution: For good and competitive play, for good fights and for the fun, there should be equal population balance in the zone.
was it fun to chase my 12 man with 3+ warbands until the africa ?
As a guild that loves to chase your 6 mans with a 24 man I can confirm that it is fun
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#52 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:20 am

Martok wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:33 pm
Ninjagon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:25 amDestro farmed Order. No matter what Order can or cannot do, this is not balanced and not fun. Xrealm is a huge factor there too.

Just a friendly FYI. It is never a good idea to begin any thread around here by stating a conclusion one side is poorly balanced against another and therefore can not win regardless of whatever.

The responses tend to be as entirely shallow and predictable as post number two.

Land Of The Dead has great potential as an RvR zone and will improve as time goes by. In the interim, practice and implement a bit of maneuver warfare and misdirection. Strike from where they are not expecting you. Even if you eventually get overrun, it is still a fun manner in which to play.
I hope you are right but I suspect it will continue to degrade.

All the new content in this game goes through (at least) four phases:

Phase 1: This is so cool but we don't know what we are doing yet so we win out of chance.
Phase 2: Alright, now we know how it works so the major guilds try to beat the crap out of each other for bragging rights.
Phase 3 (where we are now): The guilds are done beating each other up and now just want to farm for rewards so they stack sides to make it as quick as possible.
Phase 4: We got all the stuff. We're bored. Guess we'll go on the forums and complain about no content.

:lol:

Martok

Post#53 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:28 am

Aethilmar wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:20 amAll the new content in this game goes through (at least) four phases:

Phase 1: This is so cool but we don't know what we are doing yet so we win out of chance.
Phase 2: Alright, now we know how it works so the major guilds try to beat the crap out of each other for bragging rights.
Phase 3 (where we are now): The guilds are done beating each other up and now just want to farm for rewards so they stack sides to make it as quick as possible.
Phase 4: We got all the stuff. We're bored. Guess we'll go on the forums and complain about no content.

That is a pretty good break-down, thanks. My hope is given the sheer scale of LOTD the powers that be will try and take advantage of it. It could be great, and I have some ideas if anyone is interested.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Kpi

Post#54 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:10 am

Ninjagon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:25 am LOTD - 14-08-2022 summary:

Order kills: 385
Destro kills: 1217

Zone population - we dont know, but Tier 2+:

Order: 41%
Destro: 59%

Conclusion: Destro farmed Order. No matter what Order can or cannot do, this is not balanced and not fun. Xrealm is a huge factor there too.

Solution: For good and competitive play, for good fights and for the fun, there should be equal population balance in the zone.

Discussion on:
I played approximately 6 or 7 LOTD. I Only remember 1 was balanced, and the other ones destro was overpopulated and zerging all the time
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

normanis

Post#55 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:05 am

Haojin wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:00 pm
Spoiler:
dont be drama queen u runed tooo slow
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ninjagon

Post#56 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:36 pm

Martok wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:33 pm
Ninjagon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:25 amDestro farmed Order. No matter what Order can or cannot do, this is not balanced and not fun. Xrealm is a huge factor there too.
Just a friendly FYI. It is never a good idea to begin any thread around here by stating a conclusion one side is poorly balanced against another and therefore can not win regardless of whatever.
The responses tend to be as entirely shallow and predictable as post number two.
Land Of The Dead has great potential as an RvR zone and will improve as time goes by. In the interim, practice and implement a bit of maneuver warfare and misdirection. Strike from where they are not expecting you. Even if you eventually get overrun, it is still a fun manner in which to play.
No offense Martok, but i think that you missed the point. My conclusion was not that one side (Order) is poorly balanced, compared to destro. This is not another whine post: "Destro OP, Order weak, devs do something OMG".

Problem is, that Destruction has just MORE PLAYERS in the LotD zone - from the beginning to the end. And this pop difference means something like "resistance is futile, go home or you will be farmed, order dude".
Looks like some well known players here likes it like it is now. I am not one of them, though. :-)
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Ninjagon

Post#57 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:51 pm

Wam wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:01 pm What have order done different each and every lotd to improve their chances besides whine?
Wam, I need to react to you once more. Because unlike most of the other destro whiners, you have my respect. Why you follow them too?
You play RoR for many years. I remember what you (and your guild) did, to help the population balance. You were the first who as a destro guild created an order one, and played for order too with your guild to help the underdog. To help the RvR balance.
Yes, this is old story now, and the initial good idea (to balance RvR by switching side) is now compromised and abused by many, in favor to create maximum gain for yourself.
HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ?!

Because this is the same - an effort to balance game (LOTD in this case), for the good of us - all players.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Jeliel80

Post#58 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:59 pm

Obviously total cap for LOTD was ok when we had a proper population for RoR.
As total pop keeps going down and down... maybe you can lower the cap a bit, so both realms fill, dunno.

To be fair LOTD is a bit boring, and in this iteration strongly pushes to blob up, a situation that really doesn't need more incentive... as many guilds already often stack up.

I guess to use the live version, there is a lot of work to do still, so not really an option right now (mini instances, Lord that dropped weapon, etc.).
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 80

Ads
Detangler

Post#59 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:05 pm

From what I recall, the coding for all the LotD public quests and bosses was lost to the sands of time, so its not really possible to just reinstall it. The entire thing would have to be built from the ground up by a small group of volunteers who hold this server together. Not ideal for them to spend precious time on that when there are other more pressing issues to attend to.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Vri

Post#60 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:18 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:00 pm Order dominating in LotD - lol, git gud destro
Destro dominating in LotD - this cannot go on

Next step: allow only premade warbands in LotD to ensure even more balance and then watch Zandrii warfare die slowly, like other modes of the game that got "focused"
Nailed it.