Recent Topics

Ads

LOTD balance anyone?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Uberlix

Re: LOTD balance anyone?

Post#141 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:48 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:36 pm Order was mega zerging and dominating fights, but seemed no one of significance wanted to take BOs. I had fun taking 14 ppl and running around capping BOs and getting into small scale fights. Would be curious what the population totals were.
Was part of that krew with my choppa, the fight at library was nutty. Video footage of that fight went into my personal kollektion huehue.

It is also pretty hilarious to me, how order seems content on moving in one big blob for the most part, every LOTD i took part in was that way (could have been different on the one recently that was on 3 am EU time, couldn't really tell on that one tbh)
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

Ads
Detangler

Post#142 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:20 pm

Uberlix wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:48 pm
Detangler wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:36 pm Order was mega zerging and dominating fights, but seemed no one of significance wanted to take BOs. I had fun taking 14 ppl and running around capping BOs and getting into small scale fights. Would be curious what the population totals were.
Was part of that krew with my choppa, the fight at library was nutty. Video footage of that fight went into my personal kollektion huehue.

It is also pretty hilarious to me, how order seems content on moving in one big blob for the most part, every LOTD i took part in was that way (could have been different on the one recently that was on 3 am EU time, couldn't really tell on that one tbh)
That was a Damm good fight against far superior numbers. I liked the organic no call push to wipe order after we held em back for far longer than I expected us to hold out. :lol:
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

JohnnyWayne

Post#143 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:45 pm

I was with one of the organized WBs fighting in mid. What happened was just the result of the realisation of being outnumbered - once again. It was kind of a "**** it" reaction - it seemed liked we just decided to get our renown with different means, if devs don't give a damn about balancing pop in lotd.

Mindset of taking mid is, that pugs and smaller groups should spread out and take our side while organized groups stop the flow of destros (which outnumbered us every lotd during EU times I can think of). Seems like our pugs are too incompetent to take care of business and the only times I won lotd was when we had a considerable numbers in harassing small scale groups.

I still hope we can get some numbers from anyone of the last lotd. Would be interesting.

Garamore

Post#144 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:30 pm

Order will lose every lotd whilst their main warbands are blobbing up together and moving as one. Order won on kills but at one point only had 1 bo.... You cant cap BOs quick enough if everyone is withing 100ft.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ninjagon

Post#145 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:25 pm

One would assume that when organized forces fight at middle, the rest will care about back capping the red BOs on your half of the map.
Well, for Order, the answer looks like "nope, not gonna happen".

At last I finally have the picture of destro, running in fear all the way back to their base camp.
Spoiler:
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Nameless

Post#146 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:06 pm

Hey on that pic I see Grezko. Is this the same engi that was guildleader on some orders guild at norn?
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ninjagon

Post#147 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:04 pm

Nameless wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:06 pm Hey on that pic I see Grezko. Is this the same engi that was guildleader on some orders guild at norn?
He could be, but better ask him at CNTK discord:
https://discord.gg/7pKKZCx3
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Detangler

Post#148 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:39 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:25 pm One would assume that when organized forces fight at middle, the rest will care about back capping the red BOs on your half of the map.
Well, for Order, the answer looks like "nope, not gonna happen".

At last I finally have the picture of destro, running in fear all the way back to their base camp.
Spoiler:
Did you just... did you just complain about your fellow order players chasing kills and not taking BOs and then in the same breath post proof about how you chased kills all the way to the Destro warcamp and ignored all the destro BOs along the way as evidenced in the minimap?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Ninjagon

Post#149 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:00 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:39 pm Did you just... did you just complain about your fellow order players chasing kills and not taking BOs and then in the same breath post proof about how you chased kills all the way to the Destro warcamp and ignored all the destro BOs along the way as evidenced in the minimap?
No Detangler, thrust me that we did what we could to win the event. This picture is from the post - end stage of the LotD event, where you cannot retake BOs anymore. Order lost that map again but neither side give up, and both factions fought until the campaign reset.
There were some very good and long fights between both factions during the event, though.
After the destro win, order pushed them all the way back to their base, where I took that picture.
I think about it like small moral victory despite the event loss.

(And off course, there was population dis-balance again!)
Spoiler:

Uberlix

Post#150 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:53 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:00 pm
No Detangler, thrust me that we did what we could to win the event.
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!