Recent Topics

Ads

LOTD balance anyone?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Elemint

Re: LOTD balance anyone?

Post#11 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:30 pm

Just get good lel.

What a waste of what could have potentially been a great regen wh/we whine thread

Ads
Wam

Post#12 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:12 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:25 am LOTD - 14-08-2022 summary:

Order kills: 385
Destro kills: 1217

Zone population - we dont know, but Tier 2+:

Order: 41%
Destro: 59%

Conclusion: Destro farmed Order. No matter what Order can or cannot do, this is not balanced and not fun. Xrealm is a huge factor there too.

Solution: For good and competitive play, for good fights and for the fun, there should be equal population balance in the zone.

Discussion on:
133 db's from 4 dps out of our 12 man on destro

enemy wb's running away from our 12 man

from past events, ive known guildies who have been solo on order being top kills with 0 healers and 0 support... when we was on order as a 12 man we was top killers with destro wb's always adding into our fights ... while the "order guilds" spent literally the whole event regrouping at bitter... you cannot balance around being bad and having learn to play issues so cut the dev's some slack.

Conclusion: order need to learn how to fight, the usual stack and zerg tactics not working so well for order when tried

Solution: spend more effort on improving own combat effectiveness and skill level instead of asking overlords for assistance ... because three warbands chasing 12 people at the start of the event is a massive waste of manpower and also you then complain about "zerg" and population imbalance but when its like this its okay because it favours you? :lol: that is order mentality problem... you need to lure the combat ready and more effective warbands to CARRY order... you need beavers/oaths/nightmare/vii to stack order side but they have little interest in zerg event... so the only other solution is up own game, less combat effective groups need to really get organised... it was just like city and you ask for dev's to put training wheels on again :roll:
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Everdin

Post#13 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:16 pm

Some reactions here are pathetic, if someone speaks about inequality in numbers there should be a way to discuss it together like adaults most of us are.

The reason for this is simple: What now is a problem on order is a problem for destro in a few month and vice versa.

You can't counter a number inequality of nearly 20% with "git gud" or "get organized", but instead of talking about solutions some forum-warriors start small fights over useless bullshit that hurted their ego.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

JohnnyWayne

Post#14 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:18 pm

Wam wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:12 pm

from past events, ive known guildies who have been solo on order being top kills with 0 healers and 0 support... when we was on order as a 12 man we was top killers with destro wb's always adding into our fights ... while the "order guilds" spent literally the whole event regrouping at bitter... you cannot balance around being bad and having learn to play issues so cut the dev's some slack.

Conclusion: order need to learn how to fight, the usual stack and zerg tactics not working so well for order when tried

Solution: spend more effort on improving own combat effectiveness and skill level instead of asking overlords for assistance ... because three warbands chasing 12 people at the start of the event is a massive waste of manpower and also you then complain about "zerg" and population imbalance but when its like this its okay because it favours you? :lol: that is order mentality problem... you need to lure the combat ready and more effective warbands to CARRY order... you need beavers/oaths/nightmare/vii to stack order side but they have little interest in zerg event... so the only other solution is up own game, less combat effective groups need to really get organised... it was just like city and you ask for dev's to put training wheels on again :roll:
Are you really standing here defending an immense overpop for easy destro wins while throwing l2p accusations through this thread? Don't you see the irony in that? *SMH* These people....

Omegus

Post#15 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:23 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:25 pmBest they could do is to even the numbers. As it should be from the beginning.
There is an equal population cap that both sides hit to begin with, then over time order seemed to have stopped queueing quite so much even though they had organised warband leaders much like destro did. Why?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Wam

Post#16 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:24 pm

Everdin wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:16 pm Some reactions here are pathetic, if someone speaks about inequality in numbers there should be a way to discuss it together like adaults most of us are.

The reason for this is simple: What now is a problem on order is a problem for destro in a few month and vice versa.

You can't counter a number inequality of nearly 20% with "git gud" or "get organized", but instead of talking about solutions some forum-warriors start small fights over useless bullshit that hurted their ego.
the problem is people talking about balance and zerg when they are part of the problem

their inadequate fighting in the past has caused the current problem... there is no desire to self improve and "git gud" or "get organised" that is the problem... want cake and eat it without putting in any effort for just showing up. Destro got organised, if it isnt brogun, bombling, even destro pugs. Order can too, but are pretty inept at it, the "stack on me" and bring 50 people in same comms tactic didn't work out so they disappear... you needed to try different stratergies, and more small scale instead of "zerg to win" then complain when lose. Make multiple smaller groups with different roles, Dev's have made it easy to back cap there is tools to do this but order lack's will or awareness. So you reap what you sow from not learning the obvious that current stratergy doesnt work so mix it up and do your best. If you keep repeating same failed stratergies with same failed setups thing then blame balance I have some bad news for you its not a balance issue.

Haojin

Post#17 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:26 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:15 pm It had to be discussion, Haojin, not the "cry me a river" post. But what should I expect, right?
Yes, we hunted your 12-man with Bene WB and 1 ally WB, thats because because of you if you have to know (a well known - hard to kill - bad ass moron, who has to be killed at all cost, nothing personal, you know).
But do I really need to shout here, how many times order were zerged yesterday? Really? I think not. Just read the topic and everyone with a brain allready know.

what you need to expect is you shouldn't whine about the stuff -getting zerged- while you are doing the same all the time. so you are telling me that you guys had several warbands coordinating (aka blobbing) together and still failing ? maybe don't waste your time chasing 12 man with 3 warbands while you losing every BO in the zone. that's on you my friend, i understand it's harsh to fail with 3 warbands hence you rushed to forums and started whining but this is gaming, sometimes you win sometimes you lose. hard to swallow pills, i guess.

Ninjagon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:15 pm It is not about who zerged who, and who is zerging and who is not (because both factions, and every organized guilds zergs in LOTD).
Question is, is it OK? Are you satisfied with it? Is it fun for you?

i am very satisfied and happy about the result. and yes it was fun for me. (thanks for the speedrun btw)

Ninjagon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:15 pm If you want just good fights and kills, why are you so afraid of balance pop, Haojin?

feel free to check the timestamp of 12:34 , let's see how 10v24 was ended.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Wam

Post#18 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:30 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:18 pm
Wam wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:12 pm

Are you really standing here defending an immense overpop for easy destro wins while throwing l2p accusations through this thread? Don't you see the irony in that? *SMH* These people....

if you read what i wrote... about some of my guildies being top killers on order with 0 support... and also we went order a couple times but your guilds regrouping the entire event, when we was fighting our asses off was a little bit triggering that you do not deserve that kind of help from us... warbands should be top killers in zone and carry, not small scale groups. The fact your warbands are not doing this is huge part of the problem, and the reason order get destroyed, so there is a issue, i addressed the issue for you... its not a balance issue, its not making the most of the tools you have available issue. Just like cities in the past, Dev's time is precious and should be spent where its needed most like orvr and real balance issues not faux balance issue.

See the point where order literally need oath/vii/nightmare/beavers to carry them because they as warbands know how to fight more effectively and are more adaptable. But they have little interest in zerg event and 2 of them could be on destro if they wanted also.

Ads
JohnnyWayne

Post#19 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:39 pm

All these words and not a single reason why pop shouldn't be balanced in LotD aside of "I dont feel like it".

IIRC last time order was leading in kills, but had less players. Order stopped the destro zerg but the additional players capped the map.
My point? Kills don't matter as much as pop.
Last edited by JohnnyWayne on Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wam

Post#20 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:45 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:39 pm All these words and not a single reason why pop shouldn't be balanced in LotD aside of "I dont feel like it".

IIRC last time order was leading in kills, but had less players. Order stopped the destro zerg but the additional players capped the map.
My point? Kills don't matter as much as pop.
there is the same population cap for both sides mate

maybe there needs to be a bigger carrot to attract for lotd and not just lowbie cloak/jewl that got nerfed but that is different topic to "balance" issue... wrong words used.

Why is order not showing up? maybe previous bad performances where warbands attending are not carrying and lack of big enough carrot