Recent Topics

Ads

[SUGGESTION] Slower keeps

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Toldavf

Re: [SUGGESTION] Slower keeps

Post#21 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:48 pm

Keeps are all over atm I personally would like to see the champions on the bottom floor have their respawn tied to the doors respawn or given a flat 10 minutes.

Currently they hit really hard so having the tactical option to get rid of them first would be nice.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
bangkokeight

Post#22 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:10 pm

having guilds being able to claim the keep and upgrade it made things more interesting on live (before they did away with it).

Also adding back oil, and increasing door hp, would certainly help smaller teams defend against zergs

just my two satang
Always hopeful of finding a DPS AM guild.. if anyone ever sees one, with low entrance standards, please let me know..

Bozzax

Post#23 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:16 pm

Bump think keeps should be slower
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Libra

Post#24 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:39 pm

Keep besiege should definitley be slower, however, there should be a larger reward than the current renown and experince for taking control over them. Especially bringing down the Keep Lord in the last hit (like the event done in February)!

- Doors should be more reinforced but I'd love to see a lesser version of the "Keep Lord" in the bottom of the keep defending the gate called "Gate Master", that way it isn't all about rushing up to the stairs and take out the main lord.
- Another thing would be adding two very strong champions who are patrolling the main staircase from keep lord's room to the bottom floor giving people a larger amount of defence but also an increase of strategy needs.

Thus, they're just a few of ideas of mine!
Sephanol - Chosen || Saora - Magus

Bozzax

Post#25 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:39 pm

So more zerg rewards?
Extra bonus for mdps?

mmm how about more hps?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

normanis

Post#26 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:41 pm

after keep take give some 30min cooldawn for both keeps so ppl can fight in all 3 zones. like zone lock
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Morf

Post#27 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Didnt keep doors have damage reduction % from character attacks on the old war ?
Also if we see working siege weapons especially oil it will be alot harder to storm a keep.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

RyanMakara

Post#28 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:45 pm

Libra wrote:Keep besiege should definitley be slower, however, there should be a larger reward than the current renown and experince for taking control over them. Especially bringing down the Keep Lord in the last hit (like the event done in February)!

- Doors should be more reinforced but I'd love to see a lesser version of the "Keep Lord" in the bottom of the keep defending the gate called "Gate Master", that way it isn't all about rushing up to the stairs and take out the main lord.
- Another thing would be adding two very strong champions who are patrolling the main staircase from keep lord's room to the bottom floor giving people a larger amount of defence but also an increase of strategy needs.

Thus, they're just a few of ideas of mine!
I think it should be a tactical requirement to clear the entire keep before the lord even becomes pullable. A 12 man group can solo the lord if there's no enemy around, how hard would it be to do the logical thing of killing every guard before the keep is yours? Just how it works with battlefield objectives; as long as it isn't cleared of enemy presence yet, you can hardly claim it for your own. The NPCs simply despawning when the lord dies is just weak and promotes sneaking up the stairs while you have a -way- better vantage of attack when using both staircases. 1. it prevents re-inforcements and 2. it prevents flanking within the keep itself.

Ads
Reesh

Post#29 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:37 pm

I'd even vote for a +400% hp for door and keep lord.

Londo

Post#30 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:51 pm

I've ram and oil working, shouldn't be too long now for these changes to make it to ror. It should slow down keep takes.
Spoiler: