Recent Topics

Ads

[SUGGESTION] Emblems bound to account

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Evildoor
Former Staff

Re: [SUGGESTION] Emblems bound to account

Post#31 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:14 am

As a person with lots of alts and jumping between them on daily basis, i like this idea. However, i'm afraid that this will be too complex to implement, so devs would not bother with it...
P.S. Premades farming scs to get emblems for their alts? They will do it anyway, alts or no alts. One of the main activities in WHO is bashing your head against premades and having fun doing it.

Ads
Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#32 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:10 am

when there already are account bound item in warhammer (i actually dont know?) it shouldnt be to hard to implement as you have a raw model you just need to apply to the emblems.

if not, indeed it could be a hard task ^^
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#33 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Bad idea.

Who does this help? Players with BiS gear that aren't getting any further use from the medallions so they can more easily farm on their OP characters to feed their low level characters.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#34 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:21 pm

you mean instead of weak enemies without any gear, you have good geared challenging oponents?

yes that would be very very bad! no stomping over lowies eh? lol

actually considering this under this aspect, its an even BETTER idea to do it...
- Smooshie (Destro)

Joshwa70

Post#35 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:51 pm

Don't do it devs... don't let these tools farm for all their alts on their Alphas. Make them actually play their alts and get their hands dirty.

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#36 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:55 pm

i always read "they", you do know that YOU are THEY, too?

lol
- Smooshie (Destro)

kintari
Former Staff

Post#37 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:13 pm

But we already do play our alts. You have to in order to rank up their level, renown, influence, etc. Plus, we can already gear out alts using cash / items farmed on other characters. We're talking about emblems here. Farming hundreds of emblems for SC weaps for characters that you don't actually play or enjoy playing is nuts.

I have a so-called 'alpha', but if I queue 3 SCs in a row where there is no healer, I just might log over to my healer. Balanced comps are a good thing, and giving people more freedom to make them is good too.

Remember, it works both ways. If you are an alt-oholic this change actually benefits you more, because you can play whatever you want while still focusing on gearing 1 SC weapon at a time. Same goes if you are part of a premade, you can play whatever role is required atm, while gearing the character of your choice.

Personally, I am far more likely to use all my alts to farm for one of my alts than I am to use my 'alpha' to farm, simply because I like variety and SC comps that aren't total pants.
Arguru ♦ Kintari

Kaitanaroyr

Post#38 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:41 am

Renork wrote:Would it be possible to send emblems to my own toons? Ex. sorc has 30 emblems, dok needs 20 more to get a weapon, so I send it to my dok. This allows people to play all their toons and decide which one they want to gear without limiting the playtime to just one character.
wasn't like that on live so it shouldn't happen on here whats next make renown account wide....
Spoiler:
Wixxy 100 SM,Artemis,100 SW,Wannabeheals 100 WP,Rikashi 100 Kotbs,Whisper 100 WH,Whispers WH,Veioe 100 Zeal,Antzz 98WH,Kaitanaroyr100 WL,Sumtingwong RP,Saturn WP 80,hemorrhage 100 zeal

Ads
Talladego

Post#39 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:14 am

Isn't it about time to reconsider this by now?
Must be more ppl than me who plays multiple characters with thousands of War Crests laying around that can't be used.

If it's ok for Golden Scarabs to be account bound why not War Crests?

Whyumadbro

Post#40 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:33 am

Just give more renown in RvR and you can twink better. The upside of this idea would mean we can freely twink like we wont. You still have RR requirements on the toon.

Bad side would be that i can log on my almost full BiS slayer and jsut give the crests to my wh.

More RR would fix this.