Recent Topics

Ads

[SUGGESTION] Emblems bound to account

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Renork

Re: [SUGGESTION] Emblems bound to account

Post#21 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:06 pm

Joshwa70 wrote:Nope. I'm on the forums because I'm in the hospital. I'm guessing that you are sitting in mom's basement crying cause you can't send emblems to your crappy mdps.

Ah, you know the worst thing to look forward to when finishing med school? having to save people like you (:

So back on topic,

Basically 3 people don't like the idea because..

Someone is going to run 5 computers at the same time and send medallions (wait what?)
Premades are going to farm people non stop (uh...don't they already do that?)
Unfair to do 270 scenarios on one character only to send the medallions to another/

Ads
Joshwa70

Post#22 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:14 pm

Yea. Save them from having kids? I hope you stop guessing before you start practicing medicine... you are really bad at it. I didn't know they let twelve year olds onto med school doogie.

TenTonHammer

Post#23 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:17 pm

Personal attacks attacks aside, Renork does have a point, none of you have stated a valid reason as to WHY you feel this is unfiar and HOW this is different from other ways of farming gear/gold and giving it to your other toons.

Joshwa70

Post#24 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Would be the same farming xp on your engi to give to your rp. Play the class... get the upgrade. You don't get xp for mobs that you don't kill and kill you right?

Joshwa70

Post#25 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:24 pm

And it's not so much unfair... but none of us want to see the same 12 super geared toons every sc... if those people want to roll less than optimal classes and work them up... they should earn it through getting their butts kicked. How can anyone argue with that?

kintari
Former Staff

Post#26 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:59 am

I support this idea. Other games (not just wow) have done this and the world did not end, in fact, it's been an improvement imo because it frees you up to play what you want / what is needed and still make progress. Rewarding someone who's playing a fully kitted out character with a way to gear alts isn't nearly the catastrophe people seem to think it is.
Arguru ♦ Kintari

bangkokeight

Post#27 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:08 am

I really don't have a dog in this fight either way, i basically play what i enjoy at the time and if the gear comes it does and if it doesn't.. well i still have fun.

having said that, the logic behind the premise that you should be able to send emblems to different toons on the same account could have been used for loot rolls on the live server for things like tyrant sets, or some of the rolls on sovereign gear... to be honest it was annoying as hell to try to get the master of all title, but having to get the drops on the toon you wanted them on made it more challenging.

Having said that scarabs could be traded, some of the items you used to buy with medallions/emblems could be traded (not all).. so i dont know what to tell you.

Logically i don't buy the argument that people will farm for alts.. simply because no-one is going to spend time running hundreds of sc's on one toon to kit out another, if you don't enjoy playing a toon over the alt then 100+ sc's seems like a colossal waste .. speaking of colossal.. when do we get LOTD back !??? (joke)

This is especially true when you cannot put talis in the weapon anyway. Thinking about it, given you cannot put talismans in the sc weapon, then they are inferior to the blues anyway, so why is this a big deal in the first place?
Always hopeful of finding a DPS AM guild.. if anyone ever sees one, with low entrance standards, please let me know..

Tamarlan

Post#28 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:06 am

Would support this suggestion in case it doesn't consume too much development and test resources. It is like getting Woe or RS gear and sending it to an Alt, nothing wrong about it.
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

Ads
Vilhelmina

Post#29 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:35 am

+1

Would be awesome, since some characters I have couldn't get an emblem if they fell into cave covered, floor to ceiling, in emblems, whereas some alts just need to load into an SC and their bags start filling up with emblems.

p.s. Areanda is indeed a tool.

Bozzax

Post#30 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:01 am

Renork wrote:
Bozzax wrote: You can't buy gear with scenario emblems, your only option is a "blue" weapon equivalent to a WoE weapon (No talismans here). So, for example...a calamity caster staff will give you +34 wounds and +34 int, while a scenario weapon will give 24 wound 34 int + 2 talisman slots. I don't need to do the math here do I?
Sigh I talk about my strongest toon that has blue and purplies already that is also an alpha class (easymode if you so like). Well I have no big problem with it as it would save me time grinding emblems
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7