[choppa/slayer] 2h spec

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alubert

[choppa/slayer] 2h spec

Post#1 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:41 pm

In terms of the 2h choppa/sl spec, much has already been said and nothing has happened so far.

Firstly choppa/slayer are probably the only classes in the game that have a completely unused development tree. I am of course referring to the middle development tree dedicated to 2h spec. Nowadays maybe one or two enthusiasts use 2h but not rather because of efficiency but because they really like the idea of single target 2h spec. Generally nowadays if you want to play single target choppa/slayer it is done much more efficiently using dual spec. I would probably not be the only one to see this situation reversed.

Goal: If someone wants to play ST spec then using 2h weapon and spending points in the middle tree should give them better results.

Suggestion: my suggestion is trivially simple.
All abilities from choppa - Path of Da Hitta and slayer _ Path of The Gigantslayer DO NOT remove RAGE as long as 2h weapons are used.
This would finally give the ability to use KD and improve burst dmg and add some utility to single target spec.
I would also add a better bonus to fortress 2h weapon to encourage this spec e.g. 9% chance on hit increase of 9% crit chance and 12% crit dmg.

Choppa fasta and shatter limbs - required dual wield

Greetings.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Ads
normanis

Re: [choppa/slayer] 2h spec

Post#2 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:20 pm

i didnt played 2h choppa byt old 2h slayer was good when i was furios (used rage tactic) i spamed spellbreaker till target is dead.
ithink 2h slayer is a bit(or more) better than 2h choppa, byt id is too good to drop it and go into 2h spec. same i can say about choppa, gtdc is too good to drop it and go into 2h or full first tree. if id and gtdc would be nerfed (id 15feet) and gtdc (30feet) than slayer/choppa players maby would go into more 2h tree and first tree.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Alubert

Post#3 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:38 pm

And that's why I proposed changes so that the dual wield spec is not the only playable spec.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Caduceus

Post#4 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:44 pm

I think the primary reason this hasn't been addressed yet is simply because other things are taking priority.

Since Choppa and Slayer are both in a very good spot in terms of their viable specs, I doubt this will get attention in the near future, even if your idea is good.

I'd probably suggest this again somewhere after the ability rework is finished.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Sulorie

Post#5 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:30 pm

Caduceus wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:44 pm I think the primary reason this hasn't been addressed yet is simply because other things are taking priority.

Since Choppa and Slayer are both in a very good spot in terms of their viable specs, I doubt this will get attention in the near future, even if your idea is good.

I'd probably suggest this again somewhere after the ability rework is finished.
Not wrong to make proposals but changes won't happen with the current ability system, not worth the effort.
Dying is no option.